Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,872 members, 7,956,291 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 09:14 AM

The Street Style – A Fashion/ Style/ Documentary Overview Of LAGOS - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / The Street Style – A Fashion/ Style/ Documentary Overview Of LAGOS (1581 Views)

Funny And Engaging 2D Advertisement For A Fashion Brand / Youtube Partner Program Overview 2018 Killing Small Youtubers / Nairalander Captures Stunning Images Of Lagos Island Skyscrapers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Street Style – A Fashion/ Style/ Documentary Overview Of LAGOS by deturla: 6:10pm On Mar 28, 2017
My Muse: beautiful NaNa, A Cross River Goddess I met on Facebook who was excited to jump on this project. I told her about a crazy idea that I have! Something I have never done before. Something to increase my portfolio and versatility as a Photo-Blogger: To shoot style on the streets, leveraging the picture contents to tell a story of what Lagos means to me.

I was grateful that she did not think twice before she eagerly said Yes to this idea.

Oshodi/ Apapa ExpressWay

Date: March 1 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvmnurB3xCs

1 The KekeNapep represents transportation within the Lagos metropolis. Nana’s presence around the Keke attempts to explain that transportation within Lagos is a huge hustle and even the rich also cry when it comes to transportation. Beautiful NaNa on the Keke speaks of certain points in our lives, where we dump our convenience to take the cheapest and fastest routes to our destination. Even the fastest legitimate route sometimes does not represent ‘the fast’ word innit? The Keke comes with its own issues as well!

If you have never jumped a Keke in Lagos, are you really a Lagosian?

2 The Wheel tyre represents our continuous drive to hit the goldmine as the energy and hustle on the streets of Lagos eventually wears us out. Beautiful NaNa sitting on the Keke represents our continuous move whether it is via the white collar process or blue collar process to make our hustle pay.

Does the transport system in Lagos not wear you out sometime? I leave that to you to confirm!

3 See the boy sitting beside the tyre, it displays our selfishness on the streets of Lagos. Our uncaring attitude towards those that lack. While some of us are grateful for the opportunity that life has presented to us due to the available resources at our disposal to deal with the various wear and tear Lagos hustle has caused us. We owe of a duty of care to those that are less privileged as well. Have you helped someone today?

4 The middle of the road signifies the bridge we need to cross to reach our destination of actual fulfillment in this beautiful and eclectic city of Lagos. To make it in life there are so many roads to cross, so many bridges to pass through as well. Have you crossed your road yet?

And the beautiful Naomi Nana speaks volume of the beauty of Lagos; A CITY FOR THE HUSTLERS!

What do you think? How do these pictures speak to you? Do you have a deeper meaning? Let’s share…

Give us your insight and depth!
Lalasticlala are you here?

PS: I am open to collaborations and creative documentary/fashion/street photography. What you need to do? Just hit me up on PM. Let’s discuss!
Cc: davide470, Ednut1, smoothCHN, VictoriousVic

http://deedeesblog.com/focus-street-shoot-with-nana-jay/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Street Style – A Fashion/ Style/ Documentary Overview Of LAGOS by davide470(m): 6:57pm On Mar 28, 2017
..Nice Concept, Man! You actually defined Lagos with or without Nana, but she really added flavor to it sha wink

Errr.. is Nana a single "Cross River Goddess"? grin
Re: The Street Style – A Fashion/ Style/ Documentary Overview Of LAGOS by deturla: 7:06pm On Mar 28, 2017
davide470:
..Nice Concept, Man! You actually defined Lagos with or without Nana, but she really added flavor to it sha wink

LOL! Yes she is

(This is classified information Bro)..Hehe
Re: The Street Style – A Fashion/ Style/ Documentary Overview Of LAGOS by ednut1(m): 7:33pm On Mar 28, 2017
i need Nanas numb angry
Re: The Street Style – A Fashion/ Style/ Documentary Overview Of LAGOS by deturla: 8:31pm On Mar 28, 2017
ednut1:
i need Nanas numb angry

SMH!
Re: The Street Style – A Fashion/ Style/ Documentary Overview Of LAGOS by davide470(m): 10:50pm On Mar 28, 2017
Confidentiality is my watchword!

By the way, Lalasticlala, do you like Nana?
deturla:

LOL! Yes she is

(This is classified information Bro)..Hehe
Re: The Street Style – A Fashion/ Style/ Documentary Overview Of LAGOS by Seun(m): 4:42am On Mar 29, 2017
Your art is very interesting, but let's discuss more pressing matters.

ednut1:
i need Nanas numb angry
Me too! cheesy

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Street Style – A Fashion/ Style/ Documentary Overview Of LAGOS by kinglekiss(m): 5:37am On Mar 29, 2017
nice work..really love ur concept..
Re: The Street Style – A Fashion/ Style/ Documentary Overview Of LAGOS by tolutweety(m): 6:01am On Mar 29, 2017
davide470:
ednut1:
i need Nanas numb angry
Seun:
Me too! cheesy
see men dem shocked shocked

Nana just struck gold !
Re: The Street Style – A Fashion/ Style/ Documentary Overview Of LAGOS by ElDeeVee(m): 6:44am On Mar 29, 2017
Nice concept, deturla. But this NaNa can't just go like that oooo grin grin
Re: The Street Style – A Fashion/ Style/ Documentary Overview Of LAGOS by Jamean(f): 7:07am On Mar 29, 2017
tolutweety:

see men dem shocked shocked

Nana just struck gold !

Why did you modify? You don't want Nana's number anymore cheesy the queue too long undecided
Re: The Street Style – A Fashion/ Style/ Documentary Overview Of LAGOS by TheSCRYPT: 7:34am On Mar 29, 2017
I can't understand why everyone is jumping on Nana! I can't see anything o.
Re: The Street Style – A Fashion/ Style/ Documentary Overview Of LAGOS by tolutweety(m): 10:13am On Mar 29, 2017
Jamean:

Why did you modify? You don't want Nana's number anymore cheesy the queue too long undecided
Hope no dey for me again na,
The people on the queue made me give up abeg.
Re: The Street Style – A Fashion/ Style/ Documentary Overview Of LAGOS by deturla: 7:21pm On Mar 29, 2017
tolutweety:

Hope no dey for me again na,
The people on the queue made me give up abeg.

Hehehehe..... Tolu oh!!

How many people dey find Nana oh! I tire!!
Re: The Street Style – A Fashion/ Style/ Documentary Overview Of LAGOS by deturla: 7:22pm On Mar 29, 2017
Seun:

Me too! cheesy

Wait oh!! Which Seun be this?

Osewa? I don hammer!!

Ednut1, Davide470, Lalasticlala come and confirm this Moniker abeg!

If na you Bro, me don dey find you since sha!

But Issokay!!!

1 Like

Re: The Street Style – A Fashion/ Style/ Documentary Overview Of LAGOS by deturla: 7:25pm On Mar 29, 2017
kinglekiss:
nice work..really love ur concept..

Thanks Boss...

More on its way!
Re: The Street Style – A Fashion/ Style/ Documentary Overview Of LAGOS by deturla: 7:26pm On Mar 29, 2017
ElDeeVee:
Nice concept, deturla. But this NaNa can't just go like that oooo grin grin

babe whey don move since, you still dey there dey talk....

(1) (Reply)

Learn Corel Draw, Adobe Photoshop And Wordpress (for Surulere And Environs ONLY) / My 3D Animation Portfolio / Can You Do Game Graphics?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.