Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

Transportation Business Whats Your Take On It? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Transportation Business Whats Your Take On It? (1382 Views)

For People Who Grew Up Poor And Eventually Escaped Poverty, Whats Your Story? / Meet G.U Okeke: GUO Transportation Business CEO & His Civil War Story / How To Start A Transportation Business In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Transportation Business Whats Your Take On It? by Vangalee: 7:48am On Mar 29, 2017
Most people Tell me not to go into it,i like it,Cos I believe No evil shall befall me,in term of accident.I wanna buy a Korope,for 850thousand,delivering 2500,everyday,to start...should I go into

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Transportation Business Whats Your Take On It? by ipobarecriminals: 8:55am On Mar 29, 2017
Rransportation biz good if u can maintain ur vehicle(Engine).Dnt employ driver that'll make u "jump"..If u are in Lagos,I'll advice u o kip ur money for now cos Amb ode wan strangulate Danfo now
Re: Transportation Business Whats Your Take On It? by Mboi2: 9:57am On Mar 29, 2017
Vangalee:
Most people Tell me not to go into it,i like it,Cos I believe No evil shall befall me,in term of accident.I wanna buy a Korope,for 850thousand,delivering 2500,everyday,to start...should I go into
I advise if you want to go into transportation business, save money, buy a nice car and go into Uber or taxify. You can drive it yourself or hire a driver. Uber is easy to monitor your driver.

If you buy a bus for passenger transportation or a cargo van or bus for carrying loads, you'll always encounter problems with all these road whatever agents everywhere.
Infact the new one that's hitting people now is FRSC with this their speed limit stuff. Every commercial vehicle must have it and it costs N38K to N45K to buy depending on the kind of Vehicle you have. They are seriously stopping and checking every commercial motorist and if you don't have it, you know what it means na.
Info from someone in one of these law enforcement agencies said that the actual cost of that speed limit is N5000 but after adding money that will go for Transports minister, FRSC boss, some govt officials an some senators that helped approve the stuff, that's why the price is as high as it is.

I wish Nigerians should wake up and someone should take them to court the way they did for new number plates.
Re: Transportation Business Whats Your Take On It? by Vangalee: 10:10am On Mar 29, 2017
ipobarecriminals:
Rransportation biz good if u can maintain ur vehicle(Engine).Dnt employ driver that'll make u "jump"..If u are in Lagos,I'll advice u o kip ur money for now cos Amb ode wan stran

gulate Danfo now

Thanks,i'm not in lagos
Re: Transportation Business Whats Your Take On It? by Vangalee: 10:11am On Mar 29, 2017
Mboi2:

I advise if you want to go into transportation business, save money, buy a nice car and go into Uber or taxify. You can drive it yourself or hire a driver. Uber is easy to monitor your driver.

If you buy a bus for passenger transportation or a cargo van or bus for carrying loads, you'll always encounter problems with all these road whatever agents everywhere.
Infact the new one that's hitting people now is FRSC with this their speed limit stuff. Every commercial vehicle must have it and it costs N38K to N45K to buy depending on the kind of Vehicle you have. They are seriously stopping and checking every commercial motorist and if you don't have it, you know what it means na.
Info from someone in one of these law enforcement agencies said that the actual cost of that speed limit is N5000 but after adding money that will go for Transports minister, FRSC boss, some govt officials an some senators that helped approve the stuff, that's why the price is as high as it is.

I wish Nigerians should wake up and someone should take them to court the way they did for new number plates.

Thanks so much,God bless.
Re: Transportation Business Whats Your Take On It? by DoyenExchange: 6:26pm On Mar 29, 2017
50 Small and Big Businesses You Can Do In Nigeria With Their Cost Estimates

Do you know that there are big and small businesses you can start in Nigeria that will not put holes in your pockets? They are every day businesses you never think that they will make you a millionaire. www.doyenexchange.com/invest_opps.php contains a list of over 50 businesses you can start immediately in Nigeria and their cost estimates.

You will be amazed!
Re: Transportation Business Whats Your Take On It? by In4matic: 8:12pm On Mar 29, 2017
What car brand is called korope? Seems i am getting rusty at these things.
Anyway, transport business is good business in my opinion. However make sure your car is in good order, use good technicians, ensure you follow regular service schedule religiously.
Hold pep talks with your drivers on a daily basis to discuss what they encountered and how best to handle them, follow up your drivers with calls within the course of their day (not too often to distract them).
Insist they take lunch breaks at off peak periods. Emphasise the need for a sense of customer service ...
You'll finetune as you progress. cheers

(1) (Reply)

The Way To Trade In Forex Like An Expert / Secret Revealed— Earn €50 - €3000 Weekly With This Simple Steps / Best Explainer Video For Your Business And Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.