Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,305 members, 7,957,773 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 07:55 PM

Islam And Yar'adua State Of Health - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Islam And Yar'adua State Of Health (614 Views)

Islam And Obedience To Leaders / Baby Naming In Islam And The Modern Society. / Islam And Polio Vaccine. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Islam And Yar'adua State Of Health by MAYOWAAK: 4:18am On Dec 24, 2009
Please allow me to seek clarification from our Muslim brothers on the position of Islam on the state of health of a leader.

Recntly,a renowned statesman,Alhaji Maitama Sule and the vocal Muslim organisation NACOMYO took exception to the calls by some Nigerians on President Yar'Adua to resign his appointment.They urged that we should preoccupy ourselves with prayers to Allah,the greatest physician to restore his health.They said it is inhuman to ask the president to resign at this time.

I would like to know the position of Islam on his state of health because I have been reliably informed that in Islam you cannot become a Chief Imam if you are physically deformed in anyway,not married,impotent,childless and terminally ill so that you cannot lead prayers.Will these strict conditions apply to our leaders like the President,Governors and the Chief Justice of the Federation?
Re: Islam And Yar'adua State Of Health by ttruth(m): 5:11pm On Jan 31, 2010
Yar'Adua should resign and let able bodies people take over. He cannot continue to hold the country hostage with his incompetency.

Nigeria is a secular country not an another Saudi Arabia angry angry angry angry angry

(1) (Reply)

Israeli Authorities Prevent 17 Palestinians From Getting Necessary Eye Surgery / Investments / Beware Of These Websites,they Spread Wrong Info About Islam.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.