Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,070 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:54 AM

Application Into Moat Academy With Opportunity For Paid Software Dev Positions - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Application Into Moat Academy With Opportunity For Paid Software Dev Positions (2199 Views)

Apply For Paid Volunteer Opportunities At VSO Nigeria. / Visa Application Into Usa,please Guys Does This Sound Real Or Fake? / Urgent 1month Internship/job With Opportunity For Full Time Employment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Application Into Moat Academy With Opportunity For Paid Software Dev Positions by moatacad: 10:22am On Mar 29, 2017
Moat Academy (www.moatacademy.com) is a coding bootcamp in Lagos, Nigeria birthed to bridge the gap between the academics and the software industry and to raise professionals who will inculcate globally acceptable best practices in software development.

Application is now open for new intakes into our next Web Application Development training batch, after which participants will have the opportunity to be placed as Trainees/Interns in any of our partner-technology companies, where they will progress in their software development career.

If the following describe you, please apply on or before April 18, 2017(Training start on May 2nd, 2017):
 Passionate about software development
 Analytical mind with a strong problem- solving ability
 Willingness to learn and share knowledge with others
 A ‘can-do’ spirit and a strive for excellence
 Self- disciplined and self-motivating

Please note that if selected, you will be required to pay the Tuition Fee.

Apply now on http://www.moatacademy.com/signup/apply and let us start you on a journey to becoming a top-notch software developer who will ply the trade with excellence anywhere in the world and lead the next generation in the software industry by making landmark achievements globally
Re: Application Into Moat Academy With Opportunity For Paid Software Dev Positions by moatacad: 8:06pm On Apr 02, 2017
Moat Academy Shines At United Nations Hackathon

Moat Academy shines at the United Nations (UN) Hackathon as 4 members of the 6-man winning team were our trainees at Moat Academy and at our Principal consultant’s pet project – Pink IT initiative.

During the 3-day event (March 10-12,2017), various teams developed prototype for their respective solution which they presented to a panel of Judges. The winning team which includes 4 members from our training will be given resources and support by the United Nations to improve, test and scale their idea to a full-fledged business and will be making a presentation of the product at the UN headquarters in New York in June 2107.

At Moat Academy, we are set out to raise top-notch software developers who can ply the trade with globally acceptable best practices anywhere in the world.

Application process for our next batch of Web Application Development training is now open. Application Closing Date: 18th April 2017 Selection Process for the Training begins immediately afterwards.
Paid Trainee and Internship positions are available after the training with our partner technology companies.

Apply at www.moatacademy.com
Re: Application Into Moat Academy With Opportunity For Paid Software Dev Positions by moatacad: 8:49pm On Apr 03, 2017
This is still on
Re: Application Into Moat Academy With Opportunity For Paid Software Dev Positions by moatacad: 10:27am On Apr 04, 2017
“I want Moat Academy to be a bridge between academia and the industry, a place where every graduate interested in software development can come to hone their skills before transitioning into jobs.”- Abiola

An excerpt from the article on our Trainer, 'Technopreneur Abiola Ilupeju is Paying it Forward-
How a Symantec Mentee is Taking Her Experience Back to Nigeria’s IT Professionals'
as published on Symantec Corporation (maker of Norton Antivirus) Website. Read full article on https://www.symantec.com/connect/blogs/technopreneur-abiola-ilupeju-paying-it-forward
Re: Application Into Moat Academy With Opportunity For Paid Software Dev Positions by moatacad: 9:56am On Apr 06, 2017
This is still on , watch our promotional video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBPwqUiTExE&feature=youtu.be.
Re: Application Into Moat Academy With Opportunity For Paid Software Dev Positions by moatacad: 10:05am On Apr 11, 2017
This is still on
Re: Application Into Moat Academy With Opportunity For Paid Software Dev Positions by moatacad: 10:32pm On Apr 21, 2017
Application is now closed for our next batch of training starting May 02, 2017. Congratulations to all selected Applicants as we look forward to seeing you start your journey to becoming top-notch software developers.
Re: Application Into Moat Academy With Opportunity For Paid Software Dev Positions by emidizy(m): 4:28pm On Apr 22, 2017
moatacad:
Application is now closed for our next batch of training starting May 02, 2017. Congratulations to all selected Applicants as we look forward to seeing you start your journey to becoming top-notch software developers.

For me, I didn't get any other feedback after the plum test.
Re: Application Into Moat Academy With Opportunity For Paid Software Dev Positions by moatacad: 4:21pm On Aug 31, 2017
Another interesting interview with a Moat Academy Alumni,
“I got my first job as a software developer less than 2 weeks after my completion of Moat Academy training” – Aribo ‘Toba
http://moatacademy.com/blog/2017/08/26/i-got-my-first-job-as-a-software-developer-less-than-2-weeks-after-my-completion-of-moat-academy-training-aribo-toba/

Below is the excerpt from an Interview we had with one of our ex-trainee at Moat Academy, Aribo Oluwatoba (Now works as a Developer with dipoleDIAMOND Ltd)

Moat Academy (MA): Can we meet you?

My name is Aribo Oluwatoba, I am a graduate of Civil Engineering and have a love for how things work.

MA: What were you doing before joining Moat Academy?

Toba: Just like most Nigerian graduate, job hunting after service.

MA: How did you come across Moat Academy?

Toba: I was searching across the internet for a good boot camp where I could get trained on software development. Several search led me to Moat academy. I came across the advert again on Nairaland. I was scared, but I just gave it a shot. “You wouldn’t know how good the taste is until you try it out”, I consoled myself. It ended up the best decision I have taken.

MA: What exactly do you want to achieve with the software development skills?

Toba: I want to reach the pinnacle of the IT industry, and in the shortest time possible. I am somewhat a latecomer though, yet I strive to be able to build software that is scalable, matching any standard across the world.

MA: How has your life changed since gaining software development skills?

Toba: It has changed tremendously. Since I completed my National Youth Service Corp program in October 2016, I got my first job as a software developer less than 2 weeks after my completion of Moat Academy trainings. The kind of training given at Moat Academy prepares us with the skills and requirements to function effectively in any software developer position you encounter. The confidence imparted to us is a plus.

MA: What was your biggest fear before coming to Moat Academy and what do you feel about it now?

Toba: How could I gather two years’ experience within ten weeks? I feared. It seemed impossible. I remember vividly during the introductory classes, I asked that question with skepticism. After checking the curriculum, the fear grew fatter. “ Abi this people dey ‘bobo’ us?” (English meaning: is this a joke?), I wondered. After intensive classes, assignments upon assignments, and projects, it became clearer: it was very achievable. Right now, the fear has turned to confidence today.

MA: How will you describe your experience in Moat Academy?

Toba: It was a lovely one. The knowledge imparted to us was standard. The hospitability was second to none. In fact everything we got out was a worth it, even worth more than we put in. I looked forward to every day. The environment was lively too. I made good friends with a lot of people. In fact, we still keep contacts till today.

MA: What advice do you have for those coming into Moat Academy?

Toba: Well, my advice to them is to be diligent. That’s all it takes. There is one thing I am very certain of; Moat Academy will do their best. The rest lies with you. What you make out of the training is a measure of how much efforts you put in. Give your best to life, in due season, life will give its best back to you.

MA: What have been able to achieve with the training?

Toba: I achieved a lot. At the end of the training, I was able to build a forum for engineers, where they can come together to help themselves through challenges in the industry. Too much for a 10 weeks trainee you think?

Two weeks after finishing with the training, I landed a software developer position. I’m learning and growing everyday with industry experts now. Moat has set the foundation I lay my career on now.

MA: What is your future outlook in software development industry?

Toba: The IT world is growing every day. There are new technologies and software emerging every day that ease the way people live and Nigeria is part of this movement. There are lots of potentials and it is wise to join the train. Software development is growing and will continue to grow.

Our next batch of training starting October 17, 2017, visit www.moatacademy.com.
Re: Application Into Moat Academy With Opportunity For Paid Software Dev Positions by moatacad: 8:10am On Sep 03, 2017
Below is the excerpt from an Interview we had with one of our ex-trainee at Moat Academy, Mariam Adedeji (Now works as a Developer with Concept Nova Ltd)

Moat Academy (MA): Can we meet you?

Mariam: I am Omobolanle Mariam Adedeji, I studied Petroleum Engineering with no prior knowledge in programming before coming to Moat Academy.

MA: What were you doing before joining Moat Academy?

Mariam: Well nothing really, just applying for jobs and preparing for interviews

MA: How did you come across Moat Academy?

Mariam: My aunt suggested moat to me

MA: What exactly do you want to achieve with the software development skills?

Mariam: To be the best female developer and build a world – wide known application

MA: How has your life changed since gaining software development skills?

Mariam: Hmmm, that’s a big question… it has made me so confident of myself, like; I can boldly talk about my career with anybody without being scared of the next question getting thrown at me. I now feel like am needed in the industry, and unlike before when I didn’t know what I want and would go for any interview, I now have a full understanding of what I want and standing by what I want got me here today.

MA: What was your biggest fear before coming to Moat Academy and what do you feel about it now?

Mariam: My biggest fear was if I can ever be able to understand programming and the fear pushed me away from actually studying computer science in Uni. How I feel now? I am ready to go at any length to become the best in software development

MA: How will you describe your experience in Moat Academy?

Mariam: Moat Academy is the best academy you can ever choose for your career in software development. Their trainers made sure we understand no matter how much it takes to learn. Moat was like a home to me, felt like I was in the midst of family that I didn’t want to leave at the end of the training.

MA: What advice do you have for those coming into Moat Academy?

Mariam: Just give your all and you would be surprised at what you can achieve in 10 weeks.

MA: What have you been able to achieve with the training?

Mariam: I have been to develop a web application from the scratch to the end and I now have a job as a developer. I have also been able to achieve a whole lot than I can list here.

MA: What is your future outlook in software development industry?

Mariam: Watch out for me as one of the best female developer in the world -> future outlook

Our next batch of training starting October 17, 2017, visit www.moatacademy.com.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

. / I need anyone who has worked with Wapic Insurrance before? / Latest Jobs At Anbas Energy Systems Limited, Lekki Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.