Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,229 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:10 AM

10 Obnoxious Ways Nigerian Fathers Act When Guys Visit Their Daughters - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 10 Obnoxious Ways Nigerian Fathers Act When Guys Visit Their Daughters (4014 Views)

How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List / Different Types Of Nigerian Fathers And Their Characteristics - Meme Collection / Dads That Don’t Want To See You Dating Their Daughters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Obnoxious Ways Nigerian Fathers Act When Guys Visit Their Daughters by tosyne2much(m): 5:40pm On Mar 29, 2017
[quote] As we all know that it's the duty of every father to protect her daughter and shield her from immoralities, waywardness, premarital sex and help shape her future. But then, some fathers are very stringent and overprotective, and below are the ways they react when guys visit their daughters.

1. They Publicly Embarrass Their Daughter's Boyfriend

Some fathers are very strict that they can't hide the fact that it irks them seeing their daughters having a one-on-one conversation with a guy, and when they do so, they will assault the guy with objects like koboko, broken bottle, firewood, belt, etc; especially if the man is a paramilitary officer. I (Tosyne2much) has once been a victim of this assault when my ex girlfriend's dad molested me with koboko and left me with scars.

2. They Stay glued to the Sitting Room Listening to their Conversations

Some of them can be very lenient to allow you into their sitting room but will pretend to be watching a TV programme while they're very attentive to the conversation between you and their daughter. Even if they're at the verge of defecating, toilet will be the last thing on their minds due to the fear that any attempt to leave you one-to-one with their daughter can make you corner her into her bedroom and quickly shine her congo. The best topic you can discuss to portray a good image is talk about education, building a career and how to make heaven.

3. They Threaten You with Police

While some of them will gently walk you out by giving reasons why they don't welcome male visitors, some of them will do that in insidious manner. The moment you walk into their compound and asks after their daughter, the next thing they do is embarrass and threaten you with police and kirikiri and will show you the way out of their compound

4. They Interrupt and troop in their choice Topic during your Conversation with their Daughters

In a bid to know your intellectual capacity, they will find a way to interrupt and troop in their own choice of topic just to know whether a dumb skull has been brought home. They will engage you into political discussion by asking you whether you think APC is capable of taking Nigeria to the promise land, or whether it's ideal for Fayose to be eating wrapped fufu in public places.

5. They Interrogate You with Offensive Questions

Some of them can go as far asking questions that Chevron or Shell may not even ask you during job interviews. They might ask where you work, your monthly salary, whether you own a car or live in a face-to-face apartment. This reminds when I visited a lady and her father asked for my CGPA and I humbly told him it was currently at 1.25 and that I was studying tirelessly towards increasing to at least 1.80 before my graduation. He ordered me (Tosyne2much) out of their house, telling me that they don't embrace dumb heads as visitors.

6. They ask You to Sit alone on a Single/Plastic Chair

This sounds very funny but I can assure you that this happens especially when the father is a religion fanatic. He might just ask you to sit on a single or plastic chair so that there would be no body contact between you and his daughter.

7. They don't Invite You to the dinning table

When the dinning table is set, they will walk straight there without inviting you to join them. This is just to send signals to you that he doesn't like you, so that you will shamefully walk out of the house.

8. They begin to Nag unnecessarily

Some of them may not want to embarrass nor walk you out but they will begin to nag unnecessarily even when situation does warrant nagging. This is done to make you feel uncomfortable so that you can walk out.

9. They Intimidate You with money

They begin to talk about how they can't give their daughter a hand in marriage a broke guy. They will talk about their friend's son who works in Central bank and has been asking for their daughter's hand in marriage just to make the boyfriend feel less of a man. This is the way the temper with the self esteem of broke guys like us so that we can lose interest in their daughter.

10. They release their Dogs when they spot you at the gate

When her has warned you several times to stop coming to look for his daughter and you fail to listen, he will buy aggressive dogs and whenever he spots you at the gate he will beckon on the gate man to quickly release the dogs and let them play around the compound.

I drop my pen at this juncture

Feel free to add yours

Written by: Hon. Tosyne2much

Cc
Lalasticlala

Source: http://www.tosyne2much.com/2017/03/10-obnoxious-ways-nigerian-fathers-act.html

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 Obnoxious Ways Nigerian Fathers Act When Guys Visit Their Daughters by bunmiano: 5:41pm On Mar 29, 2017
FTC
Re: 10 Obnoxious Ways Nigerian Fathers Act When Guys Visit Their Daughters by bunmiano: 5:41pm On Mar 29, 2017
...I have punished the guy below me on 2 different attempts

1 Like

Re: 10 Obnoxious Ways Nigerian Fathers Act When Guys Visit Their Daughters by wristbangle: 5:41pm On Mar 29, 2017
Fathers can sometimes be over protective on their daughters. In the past, I visited my ex-girlfriend house and when her father saw me, he squeezed his face like someone who just ate bitter leaf. Despite the fact that I prostrated with my clean clothes on their dirty compound floor, this man gave me one terrible look. I requested if I can see his daughter and the next thing was he let loose the already angry artesian dog barking to the heavens as if I am an armed robber. It is that day I get to know one can do the impossible. I never knew I had already flew the 10ft fence of their house until I miraculously found myself at the other side of it.

10 Likes

Re: 10 Obnoxious Ways Nigerian Fathers Act When Guys Visit Their Daughters by Nobody: 5:43pm On Mar 29, 2017
Lol,who gave you the honourable title?....Dont worry ,you will soon re-experience all what you posted.

HONOURABLE.......Smh
Re: 10 Obnoxious Ways Nigerian Fathers Act When Guys Visit Their Daughters by Kondomatic(m): 5:44pm On Mar 29, 2017
Wetin you find go there sef?
Re: 10 Obnoxious Ways Nigerian Fathers Act When Guys Visit Their Daughters by LAFO: 5:45pm On Mar 29, 2017
My Dad ehn

He will be. Forming James Bond like say I be virgin.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Obnoxious Ways Nigerian Fathers Act When Guys Visit Their Daughters by tosyne2much(m): 5:45pm On Mar 29, 2017
Kondomatic:
Wetin you find go there sef?
Wetin you sef dey find go dia? cheesy tongue

Adepeter26 abeg show face cheesy
Re: 10 Obnoxious Ways Nigerian Fathers Act When Guys Visit Their Daughters by Nobody: 5:48pm On Mar 29, 2017
See ao people jez dey book space undecided
Sorry ooh tosyne2much | Hope yuh and that babe still dey together as friends sha?
Cos Thou ought not to labour in Vain
Re: 10 Obnoxious Ways Nigerian Fathers Act When Guys Visit Their Daughters by Mediapace: 5:52pm On Mar 29, 2017
Wetin you sef find go the daughter's house? lipsrsealed

TosynE wetin you wan do for your house

1 Like

Re: 10 Obnoxious Ways Nigerian Fathers Act When Guys Visit Their Daughters by Nobody: 5:52pm On Mar 29, 2017
Visit these men when you're ready to discuss "Marriage" and you'll be welcomed. No Nigerian father would be happy entertaining boyfriends of their daughters...some of these girls and boys don't have respect for the father figures in their homes.

You dare not bring a boy to my father that he's your bf. That day you go tell am who born you. grin

10 Likes

Re: 10 Obnoxious Ways Nigerian Fathers Act When Guys Visit Their Daughters by eyeview: 5:55pm On Mar 29, 2017
You may not believe this but I know of a case where a young man, a student visited this girl(a course mate) at her parents home. While he was waiting patiently for the girl in their sitting room, the dad emerged. He sat quietly opposite the youngman and engaged him in a few question and answer session which the young man represented himself very well.
The girl's dad being impressed with his intelligence and focus, told him this :" young man, from my brief interaction with you, you seem like an intelligent boy who knows where he is going in life, for your own good, stay away from my daughter, she will derail you. She is a bad influence and I would give you this advise as if you are my son, that girl will be a bad influence on you. Avoid her for your own good".

That advise made waves in our hostel back then(over 15 years ago). The girl then was rotten then anyway.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Obnoxious Ways Nigerian Fathers Act When Guys Visit Their Daughters by Nobody: 5:57pm On Mar 29, 2017
Being the only girl of my dad, chai twas not easy growing up o.

My first bf(sec schl things wey we never wise, just innocent bf/gf dem dey do for sec sch) had to always send a kid to our house to ask me to coman see his assignment cheesy. Anytime I get the message, I know he's around cheesy.

My dad always restrict me from any form of outings cheesy. Wetin be bday abi who bday parry Epp angry.

Then, my first bf received a slap from my dad back then. He did not want to even know who I was talking to, since it's a guy, he wants to date me niyen o, we still dey joke about the slap sha whenever we chat grin

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 Obnoxious Ways Nigerian Fathers Act When Guys Visit Their Daughters by Fmartin(m): 5:58pm On Mar 29, 2017
them go dey gv u one corner-coner look. grin
Re: 10 Obnoxious Ways Nigerian Fathers Act When Guys Visit Their Daughters by Nobody: 5:58pm On Mar 29, 2017
kimbra:
Visit these men when you're ready to discuss "Marriage" and you'll be welcomed. No Nigerian father would be happy entertaining boyfriends of their daughters...some of these girls and boys don't have respect for the father figures in their homes.

You dare not bring a boy to my father that he's your bf. That day you go tell am who born you. grin

My dad will even arrest me ,his daughter.

Nigerians fathers ,i respect them.

1 Like

Re: 10 Obnoxious Ways Nigerian Fathers Act When Guys Visit Their Daughters by Nobody: 5:59pm On Mar 29, 2017
Fmartin:
them go dey gv u one corner-coner look. grin

E don happen to u before.
Re: 10 Obnoxious Ways Nigerian Fathers Act When Guys Visit Their Daughters by Nobody: 6:02pm On Mar 29, 2017
eyeview:
You may not believe this but I know of a case where a young man, a student visited this girl(a course mate) at her parents home. While he was waiting patiently for the girl in their sitting room, the dad emerged. He sat quietly opposite the youngman and engaged him in a few question and answer session which the young man represented himself very well.
The girl's dad being impressed with his intelligence and focus, told him this :" young man, from my brief interaction with you, you seem like an intelligent boy who knows where he is going in life, for your own good, stay away from my daughter, she will derail you. She is a bad influence and I would give you this advise as if you are my son, that girl will be a bad influence on you. Avoid her for your own good".

That advise made waves in our hostel back then(over 15 years ago). The girl then was rotten then anyway.

Are you kidding me?....i like that type father.
Re: 10 Obnoxious Ways Nigerian Fathers Act When Guys Visit Their Daughters by Nobody: 6:02pm On Mar 29, 2017
sexybbstar:

My dad will even arrest me ,his daughter.

Nigerians fathers ,i respect them.
Nigerian fathers, I like them. They know what the boys are like, they were once boys, so the need for their over protective attitude. grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Obnoxious Ways Nigerian Fathers Act When Guys Visit Their Daughters by CplusJason: 6:03pm On Mar 29, 2017
Re: 10 Obnoxious Ways Nigerian Fathers Act When Guys Visit Their Daughters by Nobody: 6:04pm On Mar 29, 2017
bunmiano:
FTC

You snatched the FTC from me......God is looking at you,continue.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Obnoxious Ways Nigerian Fathers Act When Guys Visit Their Daughters by generalbush(m): 6:06pm On Mar 29, 2017
LAFO:
My Dad ehn

He will be. Forming James Bond like say I be virgin.

SMH!!

Everybody in your street knows already!!
Re: 10 Obnoxious Ways Nigerian Fathers Act When Guys Visit Their Daughters by Fmartin(m): 6:06pm On Mar 29, 2017
sexybbstar:

E don happen to u before.
yes, when i accompany my friend grin
Re: 10 Obnoxious Ways Nigerian Fathers Act When Guys Visit Their Daughters by Loyalblak007(f): 6:14pm On Mar 29, 2017
grin 99% correct
Re: 10 Obnoxious Ways Nigerian Fathers Act When Guys Visit Their Daughters by Khd95(m): 6:15pm On Mar 29, 2017
11 they prepare cameroun pepper mixed with yam water nd devil's beans,waiting for u to turn upgringrin

but as a sharp guy,wetin me wan find go girl house

Abeg,make she roll over come ma cribgrin
Re: 10 Obnoxious Ways Nigerian Fathers Act When Guys Visit Their Daughters by bunmiano: 6:20pm On Mar 29, 2017
sexybbstar:

You snatched the FTC from me......God is looking at you,continue.

Follow me back

Then come have the FTC
Re: 10 Obnoxious Ways Nigerian Fathers Act When Guys Visit Their Daughters by Urbanoversabi(m): 6:37pm On Mar 29, 2017
eyeview:

Hahahahahaha grin ... Unto Prophecy tinz
Re: 10 Obnoxious Ways Nigerian Fathers Act When Guys Visit Their Daughters by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:55pm On Mar 29, 2017
I recall a guy from my church came to our house to "see" my younger sister... I simply told him that he is not welcomed in our house...

I was also embarrassed by my ex's Mom when I visited her (even though the woman in question liked me)... I guess karma played out
Re: 10 Obnoxious Ways Nigerian Fathers Act When Guys Visit Their Daughters by tosyne2much(m): 6:57pm On Mar 29, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
I recall a guy from my church came to our house to "see" my younger sister... I simply told him that he is not welcomed in our house...

I was also embarrassed by my ex's Mom when I visited her (even though the woman in question liked me)... I guess karma played out
Hope you were not poured hot water? cheesy

1 Like

Re: 10 Obnoxious Ways Nigerian Fathers Act When Guys Visit Their Daughters by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:59pm On Mar 29, 2017
tosyne2much:
Hope you were not poured hot water? cheesy
My brother, water would have been better... the strong words she used ehn made me feel like the ground should open for me to go in.
Re: 10 Obnoxious Ways Nigerian Fathers Act When Guys Visit Their Daughters by Nobody: 7:18pm On Mar 29, 2017
It's not only dads. A guy once came to visit my niece and I terrorized him, plain and simple.

It's paradoxical but no sane man fvcks with his family relation
Re: 10 Obnoxious Ways Nigerian Fathers Act When Guys Visit Their Daughters by Nobody: 7:34pm On Mar 29, 2017
sad...Some fathers are very strict...aja mo Omo ti e fun lomu,o Mon todun Oya kimole.......na so some fathers go dey behave like say na them go marry their daughters...undecided
Re: 10 Obnoxious Ways Nigerian Fathers Act When Guys Visit Their Daughters by Nobody: 8:21pm On Mar 29, 2017
tosyne2much:
Wetin you sef dey find go dia? cheesy tongue

Adepeter26 abeg show face cheesy
Finally, you don drop am. Ma read am.

Modified.. .
You never disappoint. Always on point. But that ya number two point no be here OOO. cheesy grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is This Right? He Bathes With His 2yrs Old Daughter. / ‘how I Got Involved In Water Goddess Rituals’ / Living In An UNCOMPLETED BUILDING

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.