Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,206 members, 7,846,007 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 09:02 AM

Check this site out - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Check this site out (810 Views)

Pls Can Anybody Help Me Check This Site Out? / Check This Site Out And Be INSPIRED / Apart From Dealfish, Is There Any Good Listing Site Out There? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Check this site out by ogzille(m): 5:14pm On Dec 24, 2009
At last the site is out in grand style.

Thanks to people that contributed in one way or the other. Thanks for your comments and suggestions.

www.bestvalueproviders.com
Re: Check this site out by Afam4eva(m): 5:42pm On Dec 24, 2009
This is the kind of site that i like. very clean site.
Re: Check this site out by Nobody: 12:38am On Dec 26, 2009
Men, No flattery men, but you have driven one of Nigeria's most satisfactory site.

See its clean and fresh of what i hate most excessive flash usage!!!

And decent coding skill.

Thumbs up.
Re: Check this site out by yawatide(f): 11:39am On Dec 26, 2009
Yep, very clean and crisp.

The only "issue" I have is with the enquiry form - find a way to modify the script so that even if I close it, it still saves the values I entered before. I think it would be VERY useful.

Take for instance a case where I fill everything out (probably after passing the validation scripts), then I mistakenly minimize it and further still, I didn't see the "minimizing will result in loss of data (or whatever it says)". Or, let's assume I did see it. Let's also assume in this case that I clicked on another page. I think, IMHO, it would be very frustrating to have to fill in the fields again.

Other than that, I hope and pray you do the same due diligence to your clients' sites.

good job!
Re: Check this site out by ogzille(m): 1:39pm On Dec 26, 2009
Thanks friends, ive noted your opinions; im grateful and im expecting more suggestions and ideas.

Thanks once again.
Re: Check this site out by TechPros(m): 1:48pm On Dec 26, 2009
@ogzile
do you have an office? why not add your office address, i should not have to call you before i call get an office address.
try to also add a portfolio.
Re: Check this site out by Nobody: 11:46pm On Dec 26, 2009
Yawatide, honestly, no flattery meant, you are a true defination of a Web master!!! Nice one out to him.

See i hate it when people make it seem Nigeria has no good web gurus, anyway, got a nice point also for my site i am driving and i also advice he gets his hand wet with more scripting skill, for interactivity and better usability!
Re: Check this site out by ogzille(m): 1:08am On Dec 27, 2009
@Tech, ill fix the address soon. thanx

@yawa,
the form values arent meant to be preserved across pages.
For the form closing, will u say that cos one may not c the reset written on a button, is enough reason not to add the reset button? thanx
Re: Check this site out by yawatide(f): 11:34am On Dec 27, 2009
donpozu:
Thanks. As you may ascertained by now, I can get over-zealously blunt and honest but I do take the time to give credit to where/whom it is due.

ogzille:
1) To you, the form values aren't meant to be preserved across pages but to me and others who noticed same, can you speak for us? Think about it for a sec. Remember, you are coding the site for me and others, not you.

2) If you are referring to the inquiry form, in general, the "reset" button is becoming archaic because quite frankly, not many will fill out an entire form, only to reset all fields. One or 2 fields maybe but not the entire form so, leave it as it is.

3) I just discovered another quirk if you will - Looking at the inquiry form again (sorry grin), what you see at first is an "x" and the green portion with the text. It was a little to tempting for me to click the "x" thinking that it will bring up the form (yes, I know "x" usually stands for close but hey, some people like me are slow in learning). So of course I click the "x" and the form goes down a bit further then I click again before the entire form pulls up.

It seems counter-intuitive. Maybe the maximize button should be either added alongside the close or it should replace the close in that particular instance.

Sorry if I am a bit nit picky but there is a book I read long time ago that makes a ton of sense, "Don't make me think" but (last name) Krug. Maybe you should check it out. The less time I have to think about how your site works, the better and the less frustrated I am as a result of thinking too much wink
Re: Check this site out by yankitwizy(m): 8:54pm On Dec 27, 2009
The site is nice but I had a problem scrolling the advert banners in the homepage. Maybe it's my browser. i noticed that I could only scroll down not up and that it keeps on scrolling notwithstanding the fact that no other image is showing again. All the same, nice job
Re: Check this site out by ogzille(m): 9:23pm On Dec 27, 2009
@Yanki

please which browser is that so i can fix it? pls reply

@Yawa

I tot of the maximize button, ill add it tanks
Re: Check this site out by ogzille(m): 9:26pm On Dec 27, 2009
@ Yanki

pls the version too, pls reply asap
Re: Check this site out by Nobody: 11:59pm On Dec 27, 2009
See Yawatide, i put the reset stuff too in my site, but honestly not cause u meantioned it, i thought of it also, just the way u said it, if any fragment have an error it can easily be corrected rather than reset, i dont guess any user will do so!!!

But in my case i left it, as u don't know what users can do, but it isn't neccesary, but including it is not a bug.

Donpuzo
Re: Check this site out by ogzille(m): 7:04pm On Dec 29, 2009
Tanx friends, ive implemented some of the changes, im grateful and still lookin out for more
Re: Check this site out by yankitwizy(m): 7:00pm On Dec 30, 2009
@ogzille
The browser is SeaMonkey
Re: Check this site out by ogzille(m): 2:38pm On Dec 31, 2009
ill download it anc what d guy is like. tanx
Re: Check this site out by ogzille(m): 6:44pm On Jan 02, 2010
yanki thanx

(1) (Reply)

Please Review Website Remodified / Www.lastingsolution.com For Sale / FBI Wants Backdoors In Facebook, Skype And Instant Messaging

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.