Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,332 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:55 AM

Intranet: Will Running A Localhost As Intranet Be A Wise Option - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Intranet: Will Running A Localhost As Intranet Be A Wise Option (1052 Views)

How To Install Banking Script On A Localhost Server / How To Install Banking Script On A Localhost / Cost Of Running A Blog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Intranet: Will Running A Localhost As Intranet Be A Wise Option by uvalued(m): 3:35pm On Mar 30, 2017
Hello webmasters

My question has to do with hosting but this time not a live hosting i.e on the internet but on a localhost, not for just testing but production level. In other words i want my development stage to be localhost and also my production should be localhost.

using xampp, php, mysql

My question is will this be able to handle concurrency issues effectively? Reason is that i want to spend like a year testing the system before (maybe in the future to go live) and the issue of online security issues which is worrisome.

thank you
Re: Intranet: Will Running A Localhost As Intranet Be A Wise Option by paooxide(m): 3:48pm On Mar 30, 2017
Yep , it's very possible and okay .but then you may have to set up a network so that you can access it on multiple devices.
Calling it production and testing isn't necessary. It's still a testing / under development since it's not available to the public.
Re: Intranet: Will Running A Localhost As Intranet Be A Wise Option by uvalued(m): 4:03pm On Mar 30, 2017
paooxide:
Yep , it's very possible and okay .but then you may have to set up a network so that you can access it on multiple devices.
Calling it production and testing isn't necessary. It's still a testing / under development since it's not available to the public.

thanks for your comment.

The public here will be a school where there will be multiple access of the server realtime...i know that it will be nice have it hosted live but for now the school wants it to be locally hosted within the school and its students/staff access it within the school... they haveund...so will it be okay to carry out localhost as an intranet?
Re: Intranet: Will Running A Localhost As Intranet Be A Wise Option by paooxide(m): 10:03pm On Mar 30, 2017
uvalued:

thanks for your comment.

The public here will be a school where there will be multiple access of the server realtime...i know that it will be nice have it hosted live but for now the school wants it to be locally hosted within the school and its students/staff access it within the school... they haveund...so will it be okay to carry out localhost as an intranet?

Yes its very okay.

Just make sure you get the networking (physical) right. Connections to the server (Ethernet/fiber) , switch (TPlink, Dlink Cisco etc), Wireless Access point/routers or Ethernet termination. Also is the issue of security (hacking , injections),

Overall , implementing such a system doesn't end in the software cos if the hardware/networking fails, the the project is gone...
Re: Intranet: Will Running A Localhost As Intranet Be A Wise Option by uvalued(m): 4:44pm On Mar 31, 2017
paooxide:

Yes its very okay.

Just make sure you get the networking (physical) right. Connections to the server (Ethernet/fiber) , switch (TPlink, Dlink Cisco etc), Wireless Access point/routers or Ethernet termination. Also is the issue of security (hacking , injections),

Overall , implementing such a system doesn't end in the software cos if the hardware/networking fails, the the project is gone...

Thanks for the simple advice will gladly looking to it.. thanks again
Re: Intranet: Will Running A Localhost As Intranet Be A Wise Option by johnylol: 8:31am On Jan 07, 2020
XAMPP may help you to build a local network, due to its simple GUI and working on cross-platform. Hopefully you will configure all networking layers correctly. Go on.. you may find some useful information here:
download xampp
local network configuration
intranet server setup

(1) (Reply)

How To Block Low Cpc To Make $1 One Dollar Per Click On Adsense (ebook) / I Will Develop A Site Like Freelancer/upwork For Just 20k / Skills I Need To Start A Blog.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.