Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,554 members, 7,955,058 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:41 PM

The Fourth Industrial Revolution: Where Does Africa Stand? - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / The Fourth Industrial Revolution: Where Does Africa Stand? (457 Views)

When I Order From Jumia Global, Where Does The Product Get Delivered? / Fourth Industrial Revolution, (what Does It Mean?) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Fourth Industrial Revolution: Where Does Africa Stand? by EnkayDezign: 5:45pm On Mar 30, 2017
There has recently been a lot of talk, debate and discussion about the 4th industrial revolution especially amongst western literary circles and media. This I believe is in anticipation of the latest wave of industrial technological trends, that are set to sweep the modern world.

There is no doubt that industries create wealth and account for the significant amount of wealth of developed countries. Manufacturing goods that are ultimately sold where there is demand is how wealthy countries maintain their economic dominance.

This has however left me wondering where Africa stands in the equation? When the advanced world is moving on to its fourth industrial revolution, when will we have our first at least?
Re: The Fourth Industrial Revolution: Where Does Africa Stand? by Earth2Metahuman: 6:17pm On Mar 30, 2017
Africa is in 4th religion revolution.

In another 100years, we will still be here, nodding the ground or waving to sky for daily meal.

1 Like

Re: The Fourth Industrial Revolution: Where Does Africa Stand? by Nobody: 6:24pm On Mar 30, 2017

2 Likes

Re: The Fourth Industrial Revolution: Where Does Africa Stand? by EnkayDezign: 2:11am On Mar 31, 2017
sauerr:
In a country where people still believe 18th-century ideas that a cat can turn into an old witch after being stoned by a boy; that it's wrong to demand explanations from a lying pastor accused of adultery; that they have to dress in their best clothes for a Sunday trip to charlatans who seduce them with empty words; that the only important things in life is gossip and a big car imported from Germany; in such a country you don't expect to hear of the word technology.

It's a foreign abstraction no closer to them than craters, galaxies or blackholes are. They don't see it; they can't see it.

Indeed! it is even more evident by the fact that, threads like this don't generate any traffic on this forum. Guess which threads get all the rage and attention? that's right, witches turning into birds, pastor suleman, dino and saraki or Buhari SMH!!
Re: The Fourth Industrial Revolution: Where Does Africa Stand? by Nobody: 4:34am On Mar 31, 2017

2 Likes

Re: The Fourth Industrial Revolution: Where Does Africa Stand? by EnkayDezign: 5:26am On Mar 31, 2017
sauerr:

Well said. Which I think this is why it's time a few persons do some reasonable thing. I think it's time we started some other niche forum where serious topics can be discussed. Nairaland is clearly no such forum. Sometimes I look at the variety of core forums around the web centered on science, programming, technology, etc and I wonder why we don't have same in Nigeria. Or is it just me? Can anyone point me to any such forum?

I would be glad if there was any forum like that. Unfortunately, there isn't at the moment. All we're stuck with is nairaland and lindaikeji cry. I find time to visit many other foreign tech blogs like Jalopnik, and Gizmodo for tech news. I also follow a lot of tech channels on youtube like Cnet and Engadget.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Fourth Industrial Revolution: Where Does Africa Stand? by Nobody: 6:36am On Mar 31, 2017
Re: The Fourth Industrial Revolution: Where Does Africa Stand? by EnkayDezign: 7:56am On Mar 31, 2017
sauerr:

What in your opinion do you think can be done about this?

Just look elsewhere bro and keep informed! Stay enlightened always!

(1) (Reply)

Glo Giving Out Free 800mb To Subscribers / Goo take am der / I Need A Used Techno L8 Plus, Any Other Phone With A Strong Battery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.