Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,434 members, 7,826,679 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

Reasons Why You Should Replace Sugar With Honey - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Reasons Why You Should Replace Sugar With Honey (26000 Views)

Benefits Of Fenugreek Tea + How To Make It With Honey (video) / 6 Reasons Why You Should Replace Sugar With Honey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons Why You Should Replace Sugar With Honey by dammy13(m): 6:57pm On Mar 30, 2017
Sugar came in the middle of the night, chased away honey and became king in the morning. A classic case of usurpation. Today, it is so many people can’t do without sugar. In their morning tea, they must add several cubes of sugar.

Regardless, no matter how widely spread the use of sugar, the fact remains that it is a sweetener that cannot be compared to any other. Hence, the recommendation that you should always take sugar rather than honey.

Honey features sugar, minerals, vitamins, enzymes and amino acid. If you have not been taking honey, Jumia Travel, the leading online travel agency shares the health benefits of taking honey. Expectedly, this will encourage taking honey more often.

Regulate blood sugar
Honey contains fructose and glucose that are needed to balance your blood sugar levels. So, the honey you take the better for your health and blood sugar. Importantly, there is no amount of honey you take that will raise your blood sugar level.

Better exercise performance
Taking honey before an exercise will ensure that you perform optimally during your workout sessions and you don’t tire out easily. At the same, if you take it at the end, you heart speed will slow down quicker and you will feel better.

Perfect for wounds and burns
This is why it is advisable for you to have honey at home. When you apply honey to an external wound and burns, it makes it dry quickly. When next you have a wound or burn, use honey for treatment.

Deal with a cough and throat irritations
Honey can also help in dealing with a cough and throat irritation. It works like magic. Few spoons of sugar can reduce or clear these annoying irritations.

Check cancer and heart disease
Like they say, prevention is better than cure. To prevent or minimise the risk of cancer, you should take honey regularly because it contains antioxidants that cushion the effects of these terminal diseases.

Lessen the risks of stomach ulcers
It is also possible to use honey to limit the risks of stomach ulcer and other bacterial stomach flu.

http://kikiotolu.com/health/reasons-replace-sugar-honey/

Lalasticlala Mynd44 seun Dominique

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reasons Why You Should Replace Sugar With Honey by twosquare(m): 7:04pm On Mar 30, 2017
Honey is good, but with gaari and groundnut on a sunny afternoon with cold water, ko le work...sugar lo le se grin cheesy wink

75 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reasons Why You Should Replace Sugar With Honey by SNOWCREAM(m): 7:05pm On Mar 30, 2017

Yes Honey is better for the fact that it's very close to natural, I mean the original honey, not the sugar-mixed one that's flooding the market.

Honey over Sugar anyday

twosquare:
Honey is good, but with gaari and groundnut on a sunny afternoon with cold water, ko le work...sugar lo le se grin cheesy wink
Likewise you cannot eat bread and sugar, honey lo le shey wink

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reasons Why You Should Replace Sugar With Honey by popsyleo1: 7:05pm On Mar 30, 2017
Ok

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Should Replace Sugar With Honey by dadebayo1(m): 7:05pm On Mar 30, 2017
grin
Re: Reasons Why You Should Replace Sugar With Honey by falufosi(m): 7:05pm On Mar 30, 2017
I will asap convert basically honey

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Should Replace Sugar With Honey by iornenge81(m): 7:06pm On Mar 30, 2017
kk
Re: Reasons Why You Should Replace Sugar With Honey by popsyleo1: 7:06pm On Mar 30, 2017
twosquare:
ok
Re: Reasons Why You Should Replace Sugar With Honey by babyfaceafrica: 7:07pm On Mar 30, 2017
Lolz
Re: Reasons Why You Should Replace Sugar With Honey by patosky22(m): 7:08pm On Mar 30, 2017
nice write up

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Should Replace Sugar With Honey by Nobody: 7:08pm On Mar 30, 2017
Who still takes sugar?

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Should Replace Sugar With Honey by Hydrolysis(m): 7:08pm On Mar 30, 2017
but sugar is cheaper we can't do without it angry
Re: Reasons Why You Should Replace Sugar With Honey by UndisputedBosom(m): 7:08pm On Mar 30, 2017
I have always preferred Horn.y....i mean Honey against sugar tongue

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Should Replace Sugar With Honey by ghmnoble: 7:09pm On Mar 30, 2017
Honey is the best butof be sure u are consuming pure-original honey or else u will be adding to your problem. For now GHM HONEY is the best!!!

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Should Replace Sugar With Honey by iammrjaai(m): 7:09pm On Mar 30, 2017
Op is Honey cheaper to Sugar.??....
Re: Reasons Why You Should Replace Sugar With Honey by Nicepoker(m): 7:09pm On Mar 30, 2017
That's why I love bee keeping. Just got stung this morning by my bee friends while visiting my apiary Lolsss..

4 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Should Replace Sugar With Honey by coalcoal1(m): 7:10pm On Mar 30, 2017
honey all the way
Re: Reasons Why You Should Replace Sugar With Honey by henrystevo11(m): 7:10pm On Mar 30, 2017
True.. but to get good honey is very scarce

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Should Replace Sugar With Honey by rawpadgin(m): 7:10pm On Mar 30, 2017
how to identify pure natural honey :

1. it doesn't get frozen wen kept in deep freezer
2. ants doesn't crowd it wen poured on floor

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why You Should Replace Sugar With Honey by Pamelayoung: 7:10pm On Mar 30, 2017
Only when you use original honey which is rare to come by. Besides honey is expensive.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Replace Sugar With Honey by invisibleman2: 7:11pm On Mar 30, 2017
Many people know this, it's just d price difference that's y people go 4 sugar

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Should Replace Sugar With Honey by dunkem21(m): 7:11pm On Mar 30, 2017
Honey is actually cheaper than sugar
Re: Reasons Why You Should Replace Sugar With Honey by Nobody: 7:11pm On Mar 30, 2017
But how do we get real honey these days most honey being sold turns out to be mixed with sugar or something else, besides honey is too expensive compared to sugar which is easily available

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Should Replace Sugar With Honey by jaymejate: 7:11pm On Mar 30, 2017
My dad use to force us to take it but he will never tell us why... angry

Thank you jare

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Should Replace Sugar With Honey by IMASTEX: 7:11pm On Mar 30, 2017
Nice info.
In addition, Honey also improves sexual performance in men. See our profile to know more of other intakes, etc
Re: Reasons Why You Should Replace Sugar With Honey by Nobody: 7:11pm On Mar 30, 2017
The question is where is the honey?
Most stuff you see nowadays is syrup angry
Re: Reasons Why You Should Replace Sugar With Honey by Nobody: 7:12pm On Mar 30, 2017
honey is expensive.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Replace Sugar With Honey by King4Roller: 7:12pm On Mar 30, 2017
Re: Reasons Why You Should Replace Sugar With Honey by Mouthgag: 7:12pm On Mar 30, 2017
angry
Re: Reasons Why You Should Replace Sugar With Honey by AngelicBeing: 7:13pm On Mar 30, 2017
l agree with the Op, l dont know when l last bought sugar in a shop or supermarket, if my memory serves me right, l have not bought sugar for the past 15 years or more, honey is the best, honey is medicinal but with the current recession in Nigeria, how many families can afford it, na wao sad

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Should Replace Sugar With Honey by Adieza(m): 7:13pm On Mar 30, 2017

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Who Survived A Horrible Gas Explosion At Home, Shares His Transformation(pic / My Experience At Federal Teaching Hospital, Gombe, Gombe State (Photo) / Twitter User Shades Nigeria Over "World Class" Palestinian Hospital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.