Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,055 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:22 AM

Ahmed Musa To Quit Super Eagles Over Captaincy Row - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ahmed Musa To Quit Super Eagles Over Captaincy Row (28312 Views)

Brazil Vs Nigeria: Kanu Nwankwo Advises Super Eagles Over International Friendly / Ighalo Reversed Decision To Quit Super Eagles! / The Way Iheanacho Was Begging Musa To Pass The Ball Is Actually Very Funny - Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ahmed Musa To Quit Super Eagles Over Captaincy Row by zinachidi(m): 7:36am On Mar 31, 2017
Leicester City star Ahmed Musa may join the list of players who quit the na­tional team unceremoniously as he is considering resigning from international football.

It was gathered that Musa feels disrespected after the cap­taincy drama before the match against Senegal in London, when he was dropped from leading the Eagles for Ogenyi Onazi to be announced as new team leader.

The player and his managers are claiming that he was “disre­spected” after he was overlooked as captain and has not been fair­ly treated in the national team.

“Ahmed was very unhappy with the drama in London and he is seriously mulling with the idea of putting a stop to his international career”

“He does not enjoy the con­fidence of the Eagles coach and so sees no point in carrying on in the Eagles.”

An aggrieved Musa reported­ly addressed the team soon after it was decided Ogenyi Onazi will lead them out against Senegal.

He later stormed out of the Eagles hotel in London by 6am and was therefore not part of the practice match on Monday at the Hive Stadium, the report said.

Technical Adviser, Gernot Rohr, who complained about the unbecoming attitude’ of Musa, had explained that the player was excused from the Ea­gles training camp in London to attend to family issues.

The attacking winger has been one of the long-serving players in the Eagles after he made his debut against Mada­gascar in 2011.

He scored twice against Ar­gentina at the 2014 World Cup in Brazil as Nigeria reached the knockout rounds of the tourna­ment.

Vincent Enyeama and Em­manuel Emenike are top stars who have since called time on their international career since Brazil 2014.

www.thebreakingtimes.com/ahmed-musa-to-quit-eagles-over-captaincy-row/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ahmed Musa To Quit Super Eagles Over Captaincy Row by ybalogs(m): 8:08am On Mar 31, 2017
The fact that he hasn't been playing regularly for Leicester means he'd find an automatic shirt in Super Eagles shirt hard to come by. It's not possible to captain from bench nah.

27 Likes

Re: Ahmed Musa To Quit Super Eagles Over Captaincy Row by LAFO: 8:15am On Mar 31, 2017
Musa don start his own too.

Naso dem dey start

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ahmed Musa To Quit Super Eagles Over Captaincy Row by Nobody: 10:03am On Mar 31, 2017
How exactly will this put food in the belle of hungry Nigerians... mtchw.

PS: My brother is a Doctor, #Justsaying

8 Likes

Re: Ahmed Musa To Quit Super Eagles Over Captaincy Row by GMan650(m): 10:04am On Mar 31, 2017
Chai!!! Nigeria don less, Musa sef dey form undecided undecided Gone are the days when we have players that are happy just to be part the Super Eagles........ this set of players have huge ego and pride in them. Little wonder you see them falling down the pecking order in their respective clubs

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ahmed Musa To Quit Super Eagles Over Captaincy Row by paschal47(m): 10:04am On Mar 31, 2017
Abeg swerve jare!! I don't even like the fact that the home based players aren't getting opportunities to play for the national team whereas one guy that is chopping bench in a faraway country would be called to come and play. How would he perform?

Abeg swerve Ahmed make others get room to play

My one kobo! #keepthechangeAhmed

7 Likes

Re: Ahmed Musa To Quit Super Eagles Over Captaincy Row by misterjosh(m): 10:05am On Mar 31, 2017
ok ooo
Re: Ahmed Musa To Quit Super Eagles Over Captaincy Row by Nobody: 10:05am On Mar 31, 2017
I am yet to see Musa's contribution to the national team, he has great speed but lack football sense,no good finishing or good assists.

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ahmed Musa To Quit Super Eagles Over Captaincy Row by ideatoprince18(m): 10:05am On Mar 31, 2017
Its not Fair ....... Why would Rohr give d captain band to Nazi instead of Musa?? ...... Musa u av tried for Super Eagles ....

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ahmed Musa To Quit Super Eagles Over Captaincy Row by otubujohn(m): 10:05am On Mar 31, 2017
Ok
Re: Ahmed Musa To Quit Super Eagles Over Captaincy Row by Amberon: 10:05am On Mar 31, 2017
What's with him and this captaincy thing?

2 Likes

Re: Ahmed Musa To Quit Super Eagles Over Captaincy Row by dipopooo(m): 10:06am On Mar 31, 2017
embarassed
Re: Ahmed Musa To Quit Super Eagles Over Captaincy Row by Pita99(m): 10:06am On Mar 31, 2017
ybalogs:
The fact that he hasn't been playing regularly for Leicester means he'd find an automatic shirt in Super Eagles shirt hard to come by. It's not possible to captain from bench nah.
mighty Mikel Captained from the bench cool

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ahmed Musa To Quit Super Eagles Over Captaincy Row by Nobody: 10:06am On Mar 31, 2017
grin grin grin
Re: Ahmed Musa To Quit Super Eagles Over Captaincy Row by NwaEzefuNaMba(m): 10:07am On Mar 31, 2017
I think that's practically the worst thing to do now, I do rather not play than quit cause of captaincy.
Re: Ahmed Musa To Quit Super Eagles Over Captaincy Row by Nobody: 10:07am On Mar 31, 2017
What's he playing self?... Tell him to go to the next yard for his fuhks

5 Likes

Re: Ahmed Musa To Quit Super Eagles Over Captaincy Row by Dinocarex(m): 10:07am On Mar 31, 2017
Made his debut in 2011
And he is just 23 years old.

Back to the matter, I think he shouldnt quit over captaincy role. He still has a lot to offer the team. The season might be a season to forget for him but I believe he will come out strong next season for any club he is representing!!

3 Likes

Re: Ahmed Musa To Quit Super Eagles Over Captaincy Row by Nobleking2000(m): 10:07am On Mar 31, 2017
k
Re: Ahmed Musa To Quit Super Eagles Over Captaincy Row by abdulrazat(m): 10:07am On Mar 31, 2017
Captain from the Bench? Hell NO...

If you're too big for the Super Eagles, then no problem, quit.

I remember when you were made Captain in a team where Enyema and Mikel was in and you didn't complain or reject the offer. Karma is a btich...

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ahmed Musa To Quit Super Eagles Over Captaincy Row by Moving4: 10:08am On Mar 31, 2017
OK since u r tired no problem... We have enough footballers in dis country...
Re: Ahmed Musa To Quit Super Eagles Over Captaincy Row by dejavubobo1(m): 10:08am On Mar 31, 2017
Abeg...make him commot jare

He's not good enough to be called a footballer talk more of captaining a team.

Always running aimlessly & leaving d ball behind. #stone calling itself Diamond.

7 Likes

Re: Ahmed Musa To Quit Super Eagles Over Captaincy Row by Kakamorufu(m): 10:08am On Mar 31, 2017
musa no vex naw. abeg
Re: Ahmed Musa To Quit Super Eagles Over Captaincy Row by Kaxmytex(m): 10:08am On Mar 31, 2017
One moses out, pls we need joshua...

So bad anthony is a boxer....

na only GOD know when we go reach our promise land when it kums to footballing matter
Re: Ahmed Musa To Quit Super Eagles Over Captaincy Row by Nobody: 10:08am On Mar 31, 2017
Op,edit that place you put Leicester city star... Dude isnt even on their bench anymore.... Stop confusing we readers naa...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ahmed Musa To Quit Super Eagles Over Captaincy Row by zicoraads: 10:08am On Mar 31, 2017
Mtchewwwww! No one should threaten their fatherland. Especially players who are being paid this much for clubs. Mikel is one player I respect very much. He gives a lot without bickering over little issues. Why not sit down with the coach and talk?!

None of them can sacrifice to the level some of our old players sacrificed.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ahmed Musa To Quit Super Eagles Over Captaincy Row by kygo(m): 10:08am On Mar 31, 2017
I don't believe this story at all
Musa has always been cool headed,doesn't get into fights with playersand coaches and earlier reports claimed he willinglyl et go off the arm band which o believed.......
this is cheap news and has no authenticity

1 Like

Re: Ahmed Musa To Quit Super Eagles Over Captaincy Row by Nobody: 10:08am On Mar 31, 2017
u are not playing regularly and you want to be the captain of a team, that was then

1 Like

Re: Ahmed Musa To Quit Super Eagles Over Captaincy Row by jeeqaa7(m): 10:08am On Mar 31, 2017
Aboki

1 Like

Re: Ahmed Musa To Quit Super Eagles Over Captaincy Row by Afam4eva(m): 10:08am On Mar 31, 2017
As much as i did not understand hoe Ahmed Musa was made the SE captain by Oliseh, the did has been done and he is the captain of the super eagles. So, to be disrespected like that is not nice at all.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs. Libya: Super Eagles’ Possible Starting 11 / I Am Done With Ike Uche – Keshi Blasts / Nigerians Talk About The Craziest Thing They Have Done For The Love Of Football

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.