Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,739 members, 7,837,678 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 09:16 AM

Who Was Better: Lampard, Gerrard Or Scholes? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Who Was Better: Lampard, Gerrard Or Scholes? (875 Views)

Pulisic So Talented & Can Get Better – Lampard / Manchester United Can't Win The Premier League With Romelu Lukaku - Paul Scholes / Even Messi Will Struggle At Manchester United - Paul Scholes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Was Better: Lampard, Gerrard Or Scholes? by pcei: 6:21pm On Mar 31, 2017
Lampard, Gerrard and Scholes are indeed football legends who stunned the world football with their skills and experiences.

It would be so much difficult to answer the above question considering the impacts they made in chelsea, liverpool and manchester united respectively.

Re: Who Was Better: Lampard, Gerrard Or Scholes? by yinparc: 6:24pm On Mar 31, 2017
Lampardo

2 Likes

Re: Who Was Better: Lampard, Gerrard Or Scholes? by nepapole(m): 6:26pm On Mar 31, 2017
Difficult....buh I feel most pipl will pick lamps cos of the goals he netted.. I will pick Paul"mtn" Scholes as a man utd fan. Steven G, fantastic captain..all three were great players.

2 Likes

Re: Who Was Better: Lampard, Gerrard Or Scholes? by mexxmoney: 6:36pm On Mar 31, 2017
Lampard

2 Likes

Re: Who Was Better: Lampard, Gerrard Or Scholes? by bless2tom(m): 6:41pm On Mar 31, 2017
3great players....... But i will go for paul.. Mayb coz i'm a utd fan... GGMU
Re: Who Was Better: Lampard, Gerrard Or Scholes? by suso(m): 9:10pm On Mar 31, 2017
FIFA Forums
Gerrard vs Lampard vs Scholes - VERY INTERESTING READ

Kero_FIFA_KingKero_FIFA_King
May 2015 in Real Football
I just want to say... I find it very disrespectful when people compare Scholes to Gerrard and Lampard.
I did this research a couple of days ago, and I just want to say even before I did this research, just by watching these players in their primes, I always had the impression that Scholes never ever came close to Gerrard and Lampard. I even doubt he was a 'World Class' player. The results of my research just confirm this...

FIFA World XI Nominations
Gerrard 8
Lampard 8
Scholes 2

FIFA World XI Appearances
Gerrard 3
Lampard 1
Scholes 0

UEFA Team of the Year Appearances
Gerrard 3
Lampard 0
Scholes 0

UEFA Player of the year
Gerrard 1
Lampard 0
Scholes 0

Highest FIFA World Player of the Year Finish
Lampard 2nd – one time
Gerrard never in top 3, but very close
Scholes nowhere near top 3

Highest Ballon D’or Finish
Lampard 2nd – one time
Gerrard 3rd – one time

Premier League Team of the Year Appearances
Gerrard 8
Lampard 5
Scholes 2

Premier League Player of the Month Awards
Gerrard 6
Lampard 4
Scholes 4

Premier League Young Player of the Year
Gerrard 1
Lampard 0
Scholes 0

Journalists’ and Writers’ Premier League Player of the Year
Gerrard 1
Lampard 1
Scholes 0

Players’ Premier League Player of the Year
Gerrard 1
Lampard 0
Scholes 0

Fans’ Premier League Player of the Year
Gerrard 2
Lampard 1
Scholes 0

England National Team Player of the Year
Gerrard 2
Lampard 2
Scholes 0

UEFA Euro Team of the Tournament
Gerrard 1
Lampard 1
Scholes 0

FA Cup Final Man of the Match
Gerrard 1
Lampard 1
Scholes 0

UEFA Champions League Final Man of the Match
Gerrard 1
Lampard 1
Scholes 0

Basically from this, (well not even from this... just by watching the players in their primes you could tell that scholes was never even near gerrard and lampard in terms of player quality..) anyways... from this you can clearly see that scholes is no match for these two players.
Gerrard 8 nominations for World XI, actually in it THREE times. Compared to Scholes who was only nominated..... TWICE..?!?!?! and never actually in it. Gerrard in UEFA Team of the Year THREE TIMES. Scholes... ZERO!

Gerrard close to winning a Ballon d'or... Scholes... NEVER EVER EVEN ANYWHERE NEAR IT.

Ok lets forget looking at a European Scale for a moment.. lets look at premier league.. we can see that Gerrard was in the Premier League team of the year EIGHT times... in 17 years.
Scholes was only on it TWO times.. and what more? TWO times in 20 years !!!

Gerrard was premier league player of the year on many occasions by different voters! He was England player of the year TWICE !!! SCHOLES NEVER HAD ANY OF THIS!!!

Ok now for the people who argue, Gerrard didnt win the league blah blah blah...
Do you not know that a trophy is a team effort?
Are you saying because Benzema has won the Champions League, and that Ronaldo Brazilian hasnt, then Benzema is a better player? Are you saying that because Miroslav Klose has won the World Cup, and that Messi hasnt, that Klose is a better player?

Also dont forget that Gerrard could have left liverpool for any club he wanted to in his prime, everyone was after him. He was the best midfielder in the world no doubt about it, arguably the best player in the world. AC Milan wanted him, Inter Milan, Chelsea, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich... he could have gone to many other teams and won 1000000000 league titles and 100000000 more champions league, but he decided to stay loyal to his team.
For example:
Pirlo : 'Carlo (Ancelotti) was like a father to me. We used to, and still do speak a lot,' Pirlo said. 'While at Milan he came to me and said "I want to sign Steven Gerrard to play next to you in midfield - what do you think?" 'Without any hesitation I told him "do it - go and sign him". At this stage he was probably the most complete midfield player in Europe, of course I wanted to partner him.' 'I remember asking Carlo a few weeks later how it was going, and he told me Gerrard had given a very firm no, that his bond with Liverpool was unbreakable. 'At the time Milan were the champions of Europe and probably had the best team in the world - it says a lot about Gerrard's loyalty.'

1 Like

Re: Who Was Better: Lampard, Gerrard Or Scholes? by suso(m): 9:15pm On Mar 31, 2017
Zidane : "I have said in the past that at his peak he was the best in the world," said the 42-year-old. "I think it was the summer of 2004 I was having a conversation with Florentino (Perez) and I told him I wanted him to partner me in midfield for Madrid. "I know the club tried twice but he wouldn't leave Liverpool. Not many players turn down Real Madrid but I think that tells you a lot about the loyalty of the man."

TL;DR / In Conclusion - I will comfortably admit any day that Scholes and Lampard etc were more succesful than Steven Gerrard in terms of trophies... But it is ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS to suggest that Gerrard was not the best of the three as a player. Scholes does not come close to Gerrard and Lampard. And Gerrard is number one definitely, however Lampard is not far behind.

If anyone wants to argue with me, bring it on.
Flag
Re: Who Was Better: Lampard, Gerrard Or Scholes? by pcei: 10:22pm On Mar 31, 2017
suso:

Zidane : "I have said in the past that at his peak he was the best in the world," said the 42-year-old. "I think it was the summer of 2004 I was having a conversation with Florentino (Perez) and I told him I wanted him to partner me in midfield for Madrid. "I know the club tried twice but he wouldn't leave Liverpool. Not many players turn down Real Madrid but I think that tells you a lot about the loyalty of the man."

TL;DR / In Conclusion - I will comfortably admit any day that Scholes and Lampard etc were more succesful than Steven Gerrard in terms of trophies... But it is ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS to suggest that Gerrard was not the best of the three as a player. Scholes does not come close to Gerrard and Lampard. And Gerrard is number one definitely, however Lampard is not far behind.

If anyone wants to argue with me, bring it on.
Flag
well said
Re: Who Was Better: Lampard, Gerrard Or Scholes? by spencerlouis(m): 3:22am On Apr 01, 2017
suso:
FIFA Forums
Gerrard vs Lampard vs Scholes - VERY INTERESTING READ

Kero_FIFA_KingKero_FIFA_King
May 2015 in Real Football
I just want to say... I find it very disrespectful when people compare Scholes to Gerrard and Lampard.
I did this research a couple of days ago, and I just want to say even before I did this research, just by watching these players in their primes, I always had the impression that Scholes never ever came close to Gerrard and Lampard. I even doubt he was a 'World Class' player. The results of my research just confirm this...

FIFA World XI Nominations
Gerrard 8
Lampard 8
Scholes 2

FIFA World XI Appearances
Gerrard 3
Lampard 1
Scholes 0

UEFA Team of the Year Appearances
Gerrard 3
Lampard 0
Scholes 0

UEFA Player of the year
Gerrard 1
Lampard 0
Scholes 0

Highest FIFA World Player of the Year Finish
Lampard 2nd – one time
Gerrard never in top 3, but very close

Highest Ballon D’or Finish
Lampard 2nd – one time
Gerrard 3rd – one time

Premier League Team of the Year Appearances
Gerrard 8
Lampard 5
Scholes 2

Premier League Player of the Month Awards
Gerrard 6
Lampard 4
Scholes 4

Premier League Young Player of the Year
Gerrard 1
Lampard 0
Scholes 0

Journalists’ and Writers’ Premier League Player of the Year
Gerrard 1
Lampard 1
Scholes 0

Players’ Premier League Player of the Year
Gerrard 1
Lampard 0
Scholes 0

Fans’ Premier League Player of the Year
Gerrard 2
Lampard 1
Scholes 0

England National Team Player of the Year
Gerrard 2
Lampard 2
Scholes 0

UEFA Euro Team of the Tournament
Gerrard 1
Lampard 1
Scholes 0

FA Cup Final Man of the Match
Gerrard 1
Lampard 1
Scholes 0

UEFA Champions League Final Man of the Match
Gerrard 1
Lampard 1
Scholes 0

Basically from this, (well not even from this... just by watching the players in their primes you could tell that scholes was never even near gerrard and lampard in terms of player quality..) anyways... from this you can clearly see that scholes is no match for these two players.
Gerrard 8 nominations for World XI, actually in it THREE times. Compared to Scholes who was only nominated..... TWICE..?!?!?! and never actually in it. Gerrard in UEFA Team of the Year THREE TIMES. Scholes... ZERO!

Gerrard close to winning a Ballon d'or... Scholes... NEVER EVER EVEN ANYWHERE NEAR IT.

Ok lets forget looking at a European Scale for a moment.. lets look at premier league.. we can see that Gerrard was in the Premier League team of the year EIGHT times... in 17 years.
Scholes was only on it TWO times.. and what more? TWO times in 20 years !!!

Gerrard was premier league player of the year on many occasions by different voters! He was England player of the year TWICE !!! SCHOLES NEVER HAD ANY OF THIS!!!

Ok now for the people who argue, Gerrard didnt win the league blah blah blah...
Do you not know that a trophy is a team effort?
Are you saying because Benzema has won the Champions League, and that Ronaldo Brazilian hasnt, then Benzema is a better player? Are you saying that because Miroslav Klose has won the World Cup, and that Messi hasnt, that Klose is a better player?

Also dont forget that Gerrard could have left liverpool for any club he wanted to in his prime, everyone was after him. He was the best midfielder in the world no doubt about it, arguably the best player in the world. AC Milan wanted him, Inter Milan, Chelsea, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich... he could have gone to many other teams and won 1000000000 league titles and 100000000 more champions league, but he decided to stay loyal to his team.
For example:
Pirlo : 'Carlo (Ancelotti) was like a father to me. We used to, and still do speak a lot,' Pirlo said. 'While at Milan he came to me and said "I want to sign Steven Gerrard to play next to you in midfield - what do you think?" 'Without any hesitation I told him "do it - go and sign him". At this stage he was probably the most complete midfield player in Europe, of course I wanted to partner him.' 'I remember asking Carlo a few weeks later how it was going, and he told me Gerrard had given a very firm no, that his bond with Liverpool was unbreakable. 'At the time Milan were the champions of Europe and probably had the best team in the world - it says a lot about Gerrard's loyalty.'

God bless you bro!!! gerrard all d way!!!

2 Likes

Re: Who Was Better: Lampard, Gerrard Or Scholes? by phatasschick(f): 9:20am On Apr 01, 2017
I will take Steven Gerrard, he was the best @his peak. There is no arguing that.

(1) (Reply)

Premier League Transfer Window: Club-by-club Guide To All The 2017 Summer Moves / Hot 2.11 Odds Tips 22/09/2017 WON!!! / Draw Games For Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.