Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,877 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

#5kbae #keepthechangebae - The Full Story - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / #5kbae #keepthechangebae - The Full Story (610 Views)

#keepthechangebae: First Dates; 4 Assumptions You Should Scrap Asap! / Hilarious #keepthechangebae Trend On Twitter And Its Savage Tweets / #wema Bank Takes Opportunity, Mocks #5kbae With Epic Tweet (2) (3) (4)

#5kbae #keepthechangebae - The Full Story by Morkablog(m): 6:38pm On Mar 31, 2017
The hashtag #5kbae, #keepthechangebae was a fascinating story that trended on twitter on 29th of March 2017. It happened when a guy named Pablo Ayodeji went out on a date with a girl and actually spent N3800. He then kind of asked the girl out(normal now) but the girl declined his request. In a range, the guy destroyed the girl on twitter calling her "a hungry ass son of a Dam". This spurred a reaction from the girl and trust me, it was an epic one. The girl immediately transferred N5,000 (that's the #5kbae). So when you do a simple Mathematics, you'll see that there's a deficit of N1,200. The girl asked the guy to keep the change and use it for public transport( that was how the #keepthechangebae came up). Savage huh?☺☺☺...lolz
Photo of the #5kbae transaction
That savagery act by the girl has actually made her popular in Nigeria with note-able Nigerian banks like Wema bank, first Bank recognising her epic response. In fact, First Bank of Nigeria transferred N5000 into her account terming her "an empowered woman". First Bank went further to pronounce her as a FirstGem. The funniest part now is that it's almost like an endorsement deal, elevated the girl and so many business organisations in Nigeria are using that slogan as a marketing slogan.
The guy expectedly went down in shame and temporarily put his twitter account in private mood before it came back live and then apologised. However, apologies did not go down well either as many Nigerian tribes rejected his apology citing reason that he lacks brains. See some reactions below...
#5kbae reactions
The famous and epic/savagery response from the girl didn't only make the girl famous, but trust Nigerians, they'll surely mock Ibadan, where the boy hails from. Ibadan is a city in south west Nigeria.
Please guys, if you take a girl out on a date, that dosent mean automatic relationship. I pity the guy, i didnt go down well for him. Please please and please, not every girl you see or date is after your money. #5kbae and #keepthechangebae will surely live long in the history of twitter Nigeria.
http://morkablog..com/2017/03/5kbae-keepthechangebae-full-story.html

Re: #5kbae #keepthechangebae - The Full Story by Airborne02(m): 7:57pm On Mar 31, 2017
Chai

If I Become Somebody Ft Olamide (ybnl) / I Thought He Loved Me, But This Happened / Direal – One Boss ( Very Funny Video, Watch And Laugh Out Loud )

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7