Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,056 members, 7,818,167 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:22 AM

Top Tibetan Monk Abandons Monkhood For Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Top Tibetan Monk Abandons Monkhood For Marriage (584 Views)

Family Abandons Father’s Corpse In Mortuary For 15 Years / Husband Buys Car For Side Chick, Abandons 4 Kids, Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Top Tibetan Monk Abandons Monkhood For Marriage by miqos02(m): 9:25pm On Mar 31, 2017
senior Tibetan lama based in India, who is one of the claimants to the title of Karmapa Lama, has married a childhood friend and abandoned monkhood, his office announced on Thursday.

Thaye Dorje, 33, married Rinchen Yangzom, 36, in a private ceremony attended by close family members in New Delhi on March 25. His office described the couple as “close childhood friends” who have known each other for more than 19 years.
“I have a strong feeling, deep within my heart, that my decision to marry will have a positive impact not only for me, but also for the lineage,” Thaye Dorje was quoted as saying in a statement posted on his website.
“Something beautiful, something beneficial will emerge, for all of us.” Rinchen Yangzom, whose Tibetan name means “precious prosperity gathered”, was born in Thimphu and was educated in India and Europe. Thaye Dorje proposed to her according to Tibetan traditions on January 19.
Thaye Dorje through his aide said that he will no longer be a monk but will continue “as the lineage lama and as the Karmapa, including by offering teachings and blessings to students around the world”.The statement said Thaye Dorje “appreciates that the news of his marriage will come as a surprise to many, and has faith that his students will understand his wish to have kept private this personal element of his very public life”.

src : www.panumo.com

Re: Top Tibetan Monk Abandons Monkhood For Marriage by modestofynest(m): 9:31pm On Mar 31, 2017
The statement said Thaye Dorje “appreciates that the news of his marriage will come as a surprise to many, and has faith that his students will understand his wish to have kept private this personal element of his very public life”.

We understand body no the firewood enjoy toto we dey sweet u leave talk
Re: Top Tibetan Monk Abandons Monkhood For Marriage by miqos02(m): 9:37pm On Mar 31, 2017
pics

(1) (Reply)

Vehicle Registration/Papers Renewal Services (Stop been Molested) / Kechi Okwuchi On America's Got Talent / How To Correct A Child At Different Age Grades.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.