Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,521 members, 7,823,253 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

Arsenal Vs Aston Villa [3 - 0] On Sunday 27th Dec - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Vs Aston Villa [3 - 0] On Sunday 27th Dec (3315 Views)

Poll: Will Aston Villa defeat Arsenal?

Yes, definitely: 28% (2 votes)
No: 57% (4 votes)
I have no idea: 14% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Liverpool Vs Manchester City (1 - 1) On Sunday 27th November 2011 / Arsenal Vs Chelsea On Monday, 27th Dec: 3 - 1! / Hull City Vs Man United [1 - 3] On Sunday 27th Dec (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arsenal Vs Aston Villa [3 - 0] On Sunday 27th Dec by Cristalz(f): 4:03pm On Dec 25, 2009
With only 2 points behind 2nd placed Manchester United and 6 points behind leaders Chelsea, Arsenal are back in contention at the top of the league table.
Against Aston Villa though, they have got a rather strong opponent. So far, Aston Villa have managed to defeat Chelsea, United and Liverpool.
Villa are level on points with Arsenal but the Gunners have a game in hand on this weekend's opponents.
Arsenal should have skipper Cesc Fabregas back in midfield for this game, and Arsene Wenger will have a rather tough choice deciding which midfielders to start alongside Fabregas and Alex Song.
Aston Villa pack a lot of power in the middle, so Arsenal need to match that. Denilson and Abou Diaby are likely choices, as well as Samir Nasri and Emmanuel Eboue.
Arshavin and Eduardo might star in front.
Arsenal have got to find a way to keep from conceding, as Aston Villa are rather good at exploiting defensive weaknesses.

Martin O'Neill has got a lot to be pleased about with respect to his team's performance in the Premier league so far this season.
With wins over Chelsea, United, and Liverpool, and now a possible win over an injury-hit Arsenal side, the team will head to the Emirates quite confident in their abilities.
Gabriel Agbonlahor is still continuously scoring for Villa, and will pose the biggest threat to Arsenal.
John Carew and midfielder James Milner are also firmly on Aston Villa's score sheet as well.
Aston Villa have got a lot of powerful players, and speed as well. They should be able to match Arsenal's pace.
With the efficient Brad Friedel in goal, this doesn't look like it will be an easy home game for Arsenal. 3 points will see Aston Villa displacing Arsenal on the table and getting on Manchester United's heels, likewise 3 points for Arsenal will produce the same result.

Match is on DSTV. . .SS4. Channel 204.
Re: Arsenal Vs Aston Villa [3 - 0] On Sunday 27th Dec by v3: 4:11pm On Dec 25, 2009
Hmmmm Crizzle,

Isn't this posta bit biased? me wonderz o undecided
Re: Arsenal Vs Aston Villa [3 - 0] On Sunday 27th Dec by Cristalz(f): 4:17pm On Dec 25, 2009
Nah, it's not biased 'cos there's nothing unfair about it.

It's just leaning in favor of Aston Villa 'cos even objectively, they look the stronger side. grin
They've got all their players, with the exception of Heskey(who might make the bench.  .  .groin injury is almost healed), they are in very good form, they've been consistent, and they've defeated Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester United.

Arsenal have only been able to get Liverpool, and they've got a lot more injury worries right now. Arsenal concede more goals than Villa too.
Also, Villa guys have got more physical strength.  .  .and they won y'allz last game against each other. 4- 3, remember?

Just called it as it is.
Re: Arsenal Vs Aston Villa [3 - 0] On Sunday 27th Dec by debosky(m): 4:27pm On Dec 25, 2009
Villa may be good, but they won't be facing the same Arsenal as they faced last season - this side is a very different proposition all together.

That said, It should be a close encounter and I predict a 2-1 or 3-2 victory for the Arsenal. cool
Re: Arsenal Vs Aston Villa [3 - 0] On Sunday 27th Dec by Cristalz(f): 4:31pm On Dec 25, 2009
Well. . .I'd still pick Friedel over Almunia, and Dunne over Gallas any day. grin
I can mention a few others as well. grin
Re: Arsenal Vs Aston Villa [3 - 0] On Sunday 27th Dec by v3: 4:38pm On Dec 25, 2009
Cristalz:

Nah, it's not biased 'cos there's nothing unfair about it.

It's just leaning in favor of Aston Villa 'cos even objectively, they look the stronger side. grin

They've got all their players, with the exception of Heskey(who might make the bench.  .  .groin injury is almost healed), they are in very good form, they've been consistent, and they've defeated Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester United.
Arsenal have only been able to get Liverpool, and they've got a lot more injury worries right now. Arsenal concede more goals than Villa too.
Also, Villa guys have got more physical strength.  .  .and they won y'allz last game against each other. 4- 3, remember?
Just called it as it is.
And if Villa lose?

You're one mean biased chick
Re: Arsenal Vs Aston Villa [3 - 0] On Sunday 27th Dec by v3: 4:40pm On Dec 25, 2009
Cristalz:

Well. . .I'd still pick Friedel over Almunia, and Dunne over Gallas any day. grin
I can mention a few others as well. grin
Oh yea, Agbonlahoe over Walcott, Young over Nasri. . .need help wiv d otherz
Re: Arsenal Vs Aston Villa [3 - 0] On Sunday 27th Dec by Cristalz(f): 5:17pm On Dec 25, 2009
v3:

And if Villa lose?

Um. . .did I rob your bank account of recent or something? undecided
What's with the aggro?

If Villa lose, too bad for 'em.
But right now, they look the stronger side. You don't have to like it, but that's what it is.

v3:

Yep, I'd actually take Gabby over Theo, and Young over Nasri. grin
Got a problem with it?
Re: Arsenal Vs Aston Villa [3 - 0] On Sunday 27th Dec by v3: 5:21pm On Dec 25, 2009
Nope, u didn't pick-me-lock & nope, i don't hv a problem wiv it!

Comprendre?
Re: Arsenal Vs Aston Villa [3 - 0] On Sunday 27th Dec by Cristalz(f): 5:29pm On Dec 25, 2009
So get off my back then and quit acting like my every opinion affects your paycheck. cheesy grin
Calling me unfounded names is just. . . undecided
Re: Arsenal Vs Aston Villa [3 - 0] On Sunday 27th Dec by v3: 5:32pm On Dec 25, 2009
Cristalz:

So get off my back then and quit acting like my every opinion affects your paycheck. cheesy grin
Calling me unfounded names is just. . . undecided
Who's callin u names, abi oo gba dun ni? grin cheesy grin
Re: Arsenal Vs Aston Villa [3 - 0] On Sunday 27th Dec by Cristalz(f): 5:39pm On Dec 25, 2009
v3:

And if Villa lose?

These are endearments in your village, abi?

Dude, face the topic jor. grin
Re: Arsenal Vs Aston Villa [3 - 0] On Sunday 27th Dec by v3: 5:54pm On Dec 25, 2009
Buh hambug!. . .To fink i called u a "chic"

nah endearment b dat na,yels bk to d topic!

L'arse 2-0
Re: Arsenal Vs Aston Villa [3 - 0] On Sunday 27th Dec by chrisical(m): 7:02pm On Dec 25, 2009
Potential game of the season.
Re: Arsenal Vs Aston Villa [3 - 0] On Sunday 27th Dec by Borat1: 8:02pm On Dec 25, 2009
I guess both sides are evenly matched. Cant pick one team over the other. This is by far the toughest of the 3 games arsenal play, and they'd want a result
Arsenal 2 - Villa 2
Re: Arsenal Vs Aston Villa [3 - 0] On Sunday 27th Dec by duduspace(m): 8:03pm On Dec 25, 2009
Cristalz is just displaying some bad belle because the villains flogged them at OT. grin
Re: Arsenal Vs Aston Villa [3 - 0] On Sunday 27th Dec by v3: 8:07pm On Dec 25, 2009
duduspace:

Cristalz is just displaying some bad belle because the villains flogged them at OT. grin
funny, i forgot they lost to A.Villa @ home. . .no wonder her post stinks of sheer biasism! cool
Re: Arsenal Vs Aston Villa [3 - 0] On Sunday 27th Dec by RuuDie(m): 8:21pm On Dec 25, 2009
Tough 1 for the gunners. . . . . without Fab4, be very surprised if they can cop all 3pts!
Re: Arsenal Vs Aston Villa [3 - 0] On Sunday 27th Dec by v3: 8:35pm On Dec 25, 2009
RuuDie.
U stay around or behind Brown rd, correct? *fingerz crossed*
Re: Arsenal Vs Aston Villa [3 - 0] On Sunday 27th Dec by yousouph(m): 8:37pm On Dec 25, 2009
Tough opponent at EMIRATE but we are winning. Almunia save the day with Arshavin winner
Re: Arsenal Vs Aston Villa [3 - 0] On Sunday 27th Dec by edoyad(m): 8:43pm On Dec 25, 2009
Arsenal 7 - 1 Villa
Re: Arsenal Vs Aston Villa [3 - 0] On Sunday 27th Dec by Cristalz(f): 9:13pm On Dec 25, 2009
duduspace:

Nah. . .it's deserved respect. grin
That team can play. You guys may win on Sunday, but underestimate them at your peril.

@v3
Too bad when I did the preview I didn't have your pleasure in mind. grin
If you don't like it, next time do yours. You won't even have to sweat, k? Just a click and some typing.
Re: Arsenal Vs Aston Villa [3 - 0] On Sunday 27th Dec by keldiddy: 9:39pm On Dec 25, 2009
Arsenal would make a mince meat out of Aston Villa, for sure!
Re: Arsenal Vs Aston Villa [3 - 0] On Sunday 27th Dec by Cristalz(f): 10:16pm On Dec 25, 2009
Match is on DSTV. . .SS4. Channel 204.
Re: Arsenal Vs Aston Villa [3 - 0] On Sunday 27th Dec by Nobody: 10:59pm On Dec 25, 2009
No Liverpool Wolverhampton update?, that sucks a$$, Criz!

Re: Arsenal Vs Aston Villa [3 - 0] On Sunday 27th Dec by Cristalz(f): 11:08pm On Dec 25, 2009
Well, whenever I put a Liverpool thread up y'all don't post in it.
Last week I didn't, and I didn't get a single complaint. Kinda like no one noticed. grin

I've decided to chill for a bit. Or till they've got a big fixture.
Re: Arsenal Vs Aston Villa [3 - 0] On Sunday 27th Dec by chrisical(m): 12:40am On Dec 26, 2009
Is it that liverpool dont matter these days?
Re: Arsenal Vs Aston Villa [3 - 0] On Sunday 27th Dec by RuuDie(m): 7:06am On Dec 26, 2009
v3:

RuuDie.
U stay around or behind Brown rd, correct? *fingerz crossed*

yeah. . . . close to Brown rd

- am i s'posed to know u
Re: Arsenal Vs Aston Villa [3 - 0] On Sunday 27th Dec by RuuDie(m): 7:07am On Dec 26, 2009
v3:

on current form. . . . who wouldn't
Re: Arsenal Vs Aston Villa [3 - 0] On Sunday 27th Dec by dayokanu(m): 9:02am On Dec 26, 2009
Last week I didn't, and I didn't get a single complaint. Kinda like no one noticed

Good call.
Re: Arsenal Vs Aston Villa [3 - 0] On Sunday 27th Dec by Nobody: 9:10am On Dec 26, 2009
Cristalz:

Last week I didn't, and I didn't get a single complaint. Kinda like no one noticed. grin

Very Good call tongue
Re: Arsenal Vs Aston Villa [3 - 0] On Sunday 27th Dec by v3: 12:05pm On Dec 26, 2009
Cristalz:

@v3
Too bad when I did the preview I didn't have your pleasure in mind. grin
If you don't like it, next time do yours. You won't even have to sweat, k? Just a click and some typing.
Sure thing babe, will do! cool tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bolton Wanderers Vs Liverpool (3 - 1) On Saturday 21st January 2012 / Aston Villa Vs Manchester United (0 - 1) On Sat 3rd Dec 2011 / UCL: Ajax Vs Real Madrid (1 - 4) On 3rd October 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.