Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,708 members, 7,816,912 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:04 PM

Computer Science In University Or Polytechnic? Which Is Better?? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Computer Science In University Or Polytechnic? Which Is Better?? (7066 Views)

Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? / NOUN (open University) And Polytechnic, Which Is The Best? / Advice Needed: Between Noun And Nekede Polytechnic, Which Should I Go For? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Computer Science In University Or Polytechnic? Which Is Better?? by oswaggiee(m): 8:18am On Apr 01, 2017
Please, have been very confused bout which to choose, either computer science in university or polytechnic, when i spoke to People about it,many told me that comp sci in university is a waste of time and that they dont even do much practicals its just all bout theory and theory many of the graduates are not even experienced and dont have the reuired knowlegde and i was thinking since i want to do more of practicals lemme go to a poly then i feel they will do more practicals , then i was told Wen u go to a poly and come out with an OND..someone with BSC will sill have a higher advantage so i was like what if i go to a poly do compt sci den dirct entry to UNI 200LVL..then graduate i feel i will have more experience and more advantage than others......PLEASE WHAT DO U GUYS THINK??.WHAT SHOULD I DO ABOUT IT?

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Computer Science In University Or Polytechnic? Which Is Better?? by serverconnect(m): 9:15am On Apr 01, 2017
Go to polytechnic because they do more of practicals. But not all poly can give you practical details. When you are through, you can go for professional certification or you can start it before entering school. No polytechniic can give you 100% of practicals but few can try. I am talking with experience.

1 Like

Re: Computer Science In University Or Polytechnic? Which Is Better?? by oswaggiee(m): 9:27am On Apr 01, 2017
Thanks a lot..Pease which POLY is advisable..how about yabatech??
Re: Computer Science In University Or Polytechnic? Which Is Better?? by Nobody: 12:59pm On Apr 01, 2017
Fynestboi lalasticlala pls help us embarassedFynestboi lalasticlala pls help us
Re: Computer Science In University Or Polytechnic? Which Is Better?? by Lordsurh: 8:57pm On May 06, 2017
Lmfao! this is the most unrealistic thing EVER!
Number one if you like go to harvard, the practical aspect of comp sci cannot be taught in the classroom. You better be prepared to teach and learn yourself they can only teach you the basic like they teach you abc then you go find how to make sentence yourself.

There are millions of people who didn't even study comp sci that are great programmers today.

PLS DON'T CHOOSE POLYTECHNIC AHEAD OF UNIVERSITY FOR COMP SCI because you want practical. I studied comp sci in a Uni and i know a friend that finished from Yabatech too he can't boast of having better practical experience than i do.

1 Like

Re: Computer Science In University Or Polytechnic? Which Is Better?? by Lordsurh: 9:00pm On May 06, 2017
Lol those who told you " comp sci in uni is a waste of time" are just the devil. I can't even start to name how many Google engineers graduated from Bsc comp sci in Nigeria.
Re: Computer Science In University Or Polytechnic? Which Is Better?? by oswaggiee(m): 5:40pm On May 10, 2017
WoW?..Reaaly?? Lordsurh ...Did u study Comp SCI in a nigerian University?...

What if someone decides to go to a poly first for more experience
Re: Computer Science In University Or Polytechnic? Which Is Better?? by oswaggiee(m): 5:41pm On May 10, 2017
WoW.. Lordsurh ..
What if someone decides to go to a poly first for more experience?
Re: Computer Science In University Or Polytechnic? Which Is Better?? by Lordsurh: 4:16pm On May 11, 2017
Just go to university.
oswaggiee:
WoW?..Reaaly?? Lordsurh ...Did u study Comp SCI in a nigerian University?...

What if someone decides to go to a poly first for more experience
Re: Computer Science In University Or Polytechnic? Which Is Better?? by buharisbae(f): 10:18am On May 12, 2017
oswaggiee:
Thanks a lot..Pease which POLY is advisable..how about yabatech??

Bro don't try yabatech that's like the most useless poly in nigeria
Re: Computer Science In University Or Polytechnic? Which Is Better?? by oswaggiee(m): 4:42pm On May 12, 2017
buharisbae:

Bro don't try yabatech that's like the most useless poly in nigeria

LooL.... grin grin grin..ahhn ahhn..i tot it was even among the best ...

Wat about it??...did u study there??
Re: Computer Science In University Or Polytechnic? Which Is Better?? by Nobody: 8:38pm On May 12, 2017
oswaggiee:
WoW.. Lordsurh ..
What if someone decides to go to a poly first for more experience?
Poly or uni non can give u d practical knowledge u need. ur best bet is certificate courses
i will advise u to go for uni den do certificate courses or u learn it on youtube since u av basic and theoretical knowledge in sch
Re: Computer Science In University Or Polytechnic? Which Is Better?? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jan 08, 2019
Lordsurh:
Lmfao! this is the most unrealistic thing EVER!
Number one if you like go to harvard, the practical aspect of comp sci cannot be taught in the classroom. You better be prepared to teach and learn yourself they can only teach you the basic like they teach you abc then you go find how to make sentence yourself.

There are millions of people who didn't even study comp sci that are great programmers today.

PLS DON'T CHOOSE POLYTECHNIC AHEAD OF UNIVERSITY FOR COMP SCI because you want practical. I studied comp sci in a Uni and i know a friend that finished from Yabatech too he can't boast of having better practical experience than i do.

Online Resources for a Computer Science Undergraduate
Re: Computer Science In University Or Polytechnic? Which Is Better?? by Alanine1123: 4:09pm On Jan 08, 2019
Gone were those days when Polytechnics were practically oriented.

Any day any time pls always choose university over polytechnic, because at the end of everything u will realized that Nigeria system does not encourage technical education which is mostly obtained in Polytechnics.
Re: Computer Science In University Or Polytechnic? Which Is Better?? by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jan 08, 2019
@ home in front of your computer.

(1) (Reply)

Check Your Unizik Post Ume Result Here For Free / NNPC/ ADDAX Scholarship Application 2013 / UI And OAU Postgraduate Application For 2013/2014 Academic Session

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.