Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,834 members, 7,810,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:55 PM

Pep Guadiola Vs Frank Rijkaard - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Pep Guadiola Vs Frank Rijkaard (3749 Views)

Super Cup Is Nt btw Me And Guadiola,Says Morino / Pep Guadiola Vs Jose Mourinho / Alex Ferguson Wants Pep Guadiola Or Morinho To Succeed Him @ Old Trafford (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pep Guadiola Vs Frank Rijkaard by sonyvaio(f): 8:35pm On Dec 25, 2009
Initially, I thought Pep was only riding on the success of Rijkaard but now, c'mon the man is good,
if not better than Rijkaard. Check out his achievments and the new players in the squad.
what do you think?
Re: Pep Guadiola Vs Frank Rijkaard by Krayola(m): 8:48pm On Dec 25, 2009
Pep has built a more disciplined team. Our current team is just too well rounded. The record speaks for itself.

Rijkaards team played the most beautiful football I have ever seen in my life. Words can't describe it. Some straight up fantasy sh.i.t.

Pep is the better coach imo though for Barca tho. Tactically brilliant, nd Barca thru and thru. The way he broke down in tears last week was just humbling to see. .  .   .  Frank lost control of his dressing room. Pep has those guys by the b.a.lls. . . If dem mess up na bench. . . he no send nobody.
Re: Pep Guadiola Vs Frank Rijkaard by Cristalz(f): 11:51pm On Dec 25, 2009
Pep all the way.
I just love his style of doing things. Doesn't panic, just gets his tactics right and motivates his players to get the job done.

And truly, his heart beats for Barca.
Re: Pep Guadiola Vs Frank Rijkaard by MrCrackles(m): 11:52pm On Dec 25, 2009
^ ^ ^ And who does your heart beat for? Brashy by any chance? kiss
Re: Pep Guadiola Vs Frank Rijkaard by Cristalz(f): 11:54pm On Dec 25, 2009
LOL grin
How does one stay mad at a case like you? grin

Anywayz, topic says Pep or Frank. Pick your take.
Re: Pep Guadiola Vs Frank Rijkaard by MrCrackles(m): 12:01am On Dec 26, 2009
Cristalz:

LOL grin
How does one stay mad at a case like you? grin
wink
Re: Pep Guadiola Vs Frank Rijkaard by eyoniggar(m): 1:55am On Dec 26, 2009
No comments, the Disciples have outlined the facts.

Pep, in Jesus name, I will archive more success than you. grin grin
Re: Pep Guadiola Vs Frank Rijkaard by Omolulu(m): 1:59am On Dec 26, 2009
i'd go for Rijkaard, i think he could adapt to most clubs, Pepe is a pure barca spirit, but they are both good though, and i love that pedro boy, kai that boy dey play wink
Re: Pep Guadiola Vs Frank Rijkaard by RuuDie(m): 11:47am On Dec 26, 2009
Pep might have much more success but i'll say Rijkaard on the account of experience - he's seen highs and the lows; and felt the heat of real pressure managers face. . . . plus he's dutch and the philosophy of playing good, attack-minded footie as a strong cohesive unit is a tradition where he's from; they are practically weaned on it!

In truth, Pep is just playing Frank's system with a slightly different personnel.
Re: Pep Guadiola Vs Frank Rijkaard by Krayola(m): 1:26pm On Dec 26, 2009
RuuDie:

In truth, Pep is just playing Frank's system with a slightly different personnel.

Rijkaards team played a different system. Same formation, yes. But the team was set up different. Ronldinho, our LW, and not Xavi, was our main playmaker, 90% of our attacks went through him, he organized the offense and had no defensive responsibilities. Our passing game was on a different level and we were much more gung-ho is attack.  We were never direct, and always had to work our way into the opponents box, and we didn't rely so much on crosses into the box like we do with Alvez now. In Rijkaards team we attacked with ten players and defended with 9. The only player that was exempt was Ronaldinho. The ball will come straight to him when we win it, and the attack builds from the back with one touch passing and flicks all the way into the opponents box. Iniesta played mostly as sub DM, or CM, as we used Deco, Xavi, and one of Edmilson, Motta and Marquez for midfield. In fact in the season before we got Yaya Iniesta was our main DM. The system was NOTHING like peps, which is more well rounded,We are now more direct at times, and crosses from the flanks are integral to our game now. The similarities are the formation and the trademark Barca possesion style, which was here before Rijkaard. But our passing game was very flamboyant under Rijkaard, unlike anything I've ever seen before. .  I can go on and on. I've been trying to find clips of our build up plays under Rijkaard so hopefully people remember what we played like under him but unfortunately the youtube clips are too obsessed with goals so we dont see a lot of the moves. . but I found one that might help juggle our memories. . . I love Pep's team tho as I think it is more balanced and disciplined. But when it comes to that beautiful game that made you feel like you were in football heaven, Rijkaard's team is as good as it can get IMO.

watch the first 25 seconds of this clip. .
[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RT91ZWXDSQs&hl=en_US&fs=1&[/flash]

Feel free to check youtube for highlights of barca between 2004-2006. It was a different team playing a very very very flamboyant brand of passing football. That's what turned Ronaldinho into a super-nova. Rijkaard built the team around his incredible talent, and it rubbed off on the whole team. Guardiola got rid of Ronnie and Deco, the main men in our team at the time (Xavi wasn't getting most of the hype he is now till Pep took over, people almose miss that fact), and built the team mainly around Xavi and Messi. (Messi was just a super-rookie that Rijkaard was breaking into the team at the time. He was special, but not integral to the team. He was injured for a large portion of the season we won the double under Rijkaard)

Pep has built his own team and I just feel he needs to get full props.

For the record I'm a huge Rijkaard fan and would love to see him coach us again sometime in the future. His team, at it's prime, was just too fukn exciting to watch. They were something else
Re: Pep Guadiola Vs Frank Rijkaard by eyoniggar(m): 1:46pm On Dec 26, 2009
krayola, you are a sincere/Honest analyst.

I cant comment much on Frank's impact on Barca.

But yall should check out the game between Barcelona and Ac Milan ( Semi or QF champions league in San Siro,2nd leg)kray do u remember that match. I have never seen anything like it till date. Deco and Dinho killed football that day.
Re: Pep Guadiola Vs Frank Rijkaard by dayokanu(m): 7:56pm On Dec 27, 2009
Possesion football was not Rijkaard's making its the a result of dutch coaching style of Johann Cryuff and Van Gaal. As a Bayern fan I can testify to this ideology Van Gaal coached Bayern into dominating possesion Bayern had almost 75% possesion in a game.

All credit to Pep Guardiola I rate him way over Rijkaard. Given Rijkaard fiasco with the Dutch team at Euro 2000 I don't rate him much, Though he is better than Wenger cheesy
Re: Pep Guadiola Vs Frank Rijkaard by asha80(m): 9:12pm On Dec 27, 2009
dayokanu:

Possesion football was not Rijkaard's making its the a result of dutch coaching style of Johann Cryuff and Van Gaal. As a Bayern fan I can testify to this ideology Van Gaal coached Bayern into dominating possesion Bayern had almost 75% possesion in a game.

All credit to Pep Guardiola I rate him way over Rijkaard. Given Rijkaard fiasco with the Dutch team at Euro 2000 I don't rate him much, Though he is better than Wenger cheesy

The grand master was Rinus Michels,the coach of the holland 1974 and holland euro 88 squads.

(1) (Reply)

Who Has Never Won The Champions League? / Top Ten: Dual Nationality Footballers / United And Arsenai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.