Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:03 AM

Can You Remember Igbo Novels You've Read? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Can You Remember Igbo Novels You've Read? (4471 Views)

You're Missing Alot If You've Never Dated An Akwa Ibom Girl(pictures) / Do You Remember This, What Do Call It? / Remember Babalorisa Tyomolu, Dopest Babalawo? He is Still Stunting! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Remember Igbo Novels You've Read? by Chinachriss(m): 5:27pm On Apr 01, 2017
There's no doubt Igbo novels are the best in this part of the world. They are replete with rich, witty and figurative terms and expressions. The way the writers write is equally captivating leaving you to savour the aesthetics of the Igbo language. I wonder whether our younger generations still read these novels that speak volumes in our lives. My list is endless; but my favourites are:
Urunwa by Maduekwe J.C
Chinagorom Forgotten the author
Ihe Ojoo gbaa afo by Chinedu Ofomata

Drop yours and their authors
Asusu Igbo atogbuo onwe ya
Asusu Igbo ga-adigide

4 Likes

Re: Can You Remember Igbo Novels You've Read? by MrBen10(m): 5:30pm On Apr 01, 2017
Where is Lalasticlala sef, coman see meat ooo.
Tho i can't read in igbo, but i hail and envy all who are able to read in their local dialets.
I dedicate this FTC to all the igbo sons and daughters who still keep to the rich culture of igbo land and those representing the IGBO nation in a good light.
Igbo Kwenu!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Remember Igbo Novels You've Read? by Nobody: 5:49pm On Apr 01, 2017
Read quite a few, can't remember them except something like 'Ukwa ru oge ya, o da" i hope say i get am grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Can You Remember Igbo Novels You've Read? by Yuneehk(f): 5:59pm On Apr 01, 2017
Oja dufuo dike(dike ba ala, oja aba'kpa) and Ihe ojo gba ofoo. Every term, it was one prose, One drama and one poetry. Can't remember the other books jare but most were really interesting.
Re: Can You Remember Igbo Novels You've Read? by Chinachriss(m): 6:05pm On Apr 01, 2017
GloryIsaac:
Read quite a few, can't remember them except something like 'Ukwa ru oge ya, o da" i hope say i get am grin grin grin
I remember that novel by Tony Ubesie. Tony ws the best till date. That Enugu man's mastery of Igbo's proverbs, parables and maxims is out of the world. I think Chinedu Ofomata writes like him too but not as condensed as he did.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Remember Igbo Novels You've Read? by Chinachriss(m): 6:06pm On Apr 01, 2017
MrBen10:
Where is Lalasticlala sef, coman see meat ooo.
Tho i can't read in igbo, but i hail and envy all who are able to read in their local dialets.
I dedicate this FTC to all the igbo sons and daughters who still keep to the rich culture of igbo land and those representing the IGBO nation in a good light.
Igbo Kwenu!
Kwezuo nu o!

1 Like

Re: Can You Remember Igbo Novels You've Read? by Chinachriss(m): 6:09pm On Apr 01, 2017
Yuneehk:
Oja dufuo dike(dike ba ala, oja aba'kpa) and Ihe ojo gba ofoo. Every term, it was one prose, One drama and one poetry. Can't remember the other books jare but most were really interesting.
Exactly. We even acted 'Nwata Bulie nna ya elu' in school then. I nearly opted to study Igbo in the uni but I will still do that cos I'm potty about that language

1 Like

Re: Can You Remember Igbo Novels You've Read? by Yuneehk(f): 6:34pm On Apr 01, 2017
Chinachriss:
Exactly. We even acted 'Nwata Bulie nna ya elu' in school then. I nearly opted to study Igbo in the uni but I will still do that cos I'm potty about that language
I also read this one. Did you participate in the drama? Must have been fun I know though I can't seem to recall what happened in the story
Re: Can You Remember Igbo Novels You've Read? by lalasticlala(m): 7:32pm On Apr 01, 2017
Mmiri Oku Eji Egbu Mbe...

2 Likes

Re: Can You Remember Igbo Novels You've Read? by Nobody: 7:34pm On Apr 01, 2017
Have never read any...
Re: Can You Remember Igbo Novels You've Read? by Chinachriss(m): 8:35pm On Apr 01, 2017
Yuneehk:

I also read this one. Did you participate in the drama? Must have been fun I know though I can't seem to recall what happened in the story
Yes dear, I did. I've forgotten the characters sha but the novel is an Igbo translation of the prodigal son in the bible.

1 Like

Re: Can You Remember Igbo Novels You've Read? by Chinachriss(m): 8:37pm On Apr 01, 2017
lalasticlala:
Another great novel about that notorious stubborn thief, I can't remember his name sha. Tony Ubesie was a legend o. Lala, gud to know you understand Igbo.
Re: Can You Remember Igbo Novels You've Read? by Nobody: 8:45pm On Apr 01, 2017
Chinachriss:
I remember that novel by Tony Ubesie. Tony ws the best till date. That Enugu man's mastery of Igbo's proverbs, parables and maxims is out of the world. I think Chinedu Ofomata writes like him too but not as condensed as he did.

Yea!, Tony Ubesie!, thanks for reminding me... i also read Chinedu Ofomatas books too, can't remember their names though

1 Like

Re: Can You Remember Igbo Novels You've Read? by pweetychyka(f): 9:40pm On Apr 01, 2017
Nwata tulie nna y'elu ogoda a wuchie y'anya
Re: Can You Remember Igbo Novels You've Read? by Chysler(m): 10:52pm On Apr 01, 2017
Juo Obinna (about civil war)

Chinedu na Adaku

Onye OMA Emeka

Okpaku Eri Eri (Akubuzo)

Nkata ekpudo onye aghugho

Chinagoro

Isi akwu dara n'ala

Ukwaa miri onye ubiam

Omenuko

Ogbenyealu

Nwata bulie nna ya elu

Ojaadili

Ihe onye metere

Ihe ojoo gbaa afor

Onwu egbughi onye uwa

Nwata die hawo

Agbusi gbaa otule

Ona dafuo dike

Chukwukadibia

Nkoli

Ugonma

Ukwaa duo oge ya

Nka di na nti

Any gbaa ajo oso

Uwa do ogbu

Is I kote ebu

Ukpana okpoko gburu

Adaeze

Child ewere ehihie jie

Mkpuru onye kuru

Akpa uche

Dinta

Ala bingo

Etc....

6 Likes

Re: Can You Remember Igbo Novels You've Read? by Chysler(m): 10:57pm On Apr 01, 2017
Chysler:

Juo Obinna (about civil war)

Chinedu na Adaku

Onye OMA Emeka

Okpaku Eri Eri (Akubuzo)

Nkata ekpudo onye aghugho

Chinagorom

Isi akwu dara n'ala

Ukwaa miri onye ubiam

Omenuko

Ogbenyealu

Nwata bulie nna ya elu

Ojaadili

Ihe onye metere

Ihe ojoo gbaa afor

Onwu egbughi onye uwa

Nwata rie awo

Agbusi gbaa otule

Oja dafuo dike

Chukwukadibia

Nkoli

Ugonma

Ukwaa ruo oge ya

Nka di na nti

Anu gbaa ajo oso

Uwa di ogbu

Isi kote ebu

Ukpana okpoko gburu

Adaeze

Chi ewere ehihie jie

Mkpuru onye kuru

Akpa uche

Dinta

Ala bingo

Etc....

Forgive auto correct... Is corrected in the quote

2 Likes

Re: Can You Remember Igbo Novels You've Read? by RoyalBlak007: 11:22pm On Apr 01, 2017
lalasticlala:

♤just a harmless question

♤Am curious,How many mentions do you get per day,On average
Re: Can You Remember Igbo Novels You've Read? by bluefilm: 8:53pm On Mar 24, 2019
Ije Ikpo Jere.

I really enjoyed that igbo scifi action thriller story.

Not really a novel but a short story combined with the Chinedu na Adaku someone has already mentioned.

The name of the collection of short stories is Chioma.

My unforgettable igbo novel is Okpa aku eri eri featuring Maazi Akubuzo.

But Tony Uchenna Ubesie's Juo Obinna will always remain a top klasse for me!
Re: Can You Remember Igbo Novels You've Read? by LadySarah: 4:28am On Mar 27, 2019
Elelia na ihe omere
Urunwa
Eke na egwurugwu
Nwaohaneze
Ukwa ruo oge ya
so many.
Re: Can You Remember Igbo Novels You've Read? by DeeMain(m): 7:10pm On Mar 27, 2019
Elelia Na Ihe Omere
Nka Di Na Nti
Onye Oma Emeka
Okpa Aku Eri Eri
Ukwa Ruo Oge Ya O daa
Ala Bingo
Omenuko
Ukpana Okpoko Gburu

These are the ones I can remember.
Re: Can You Remember Igbo Novels You've Read? by bigfrancis21: 4:28pm On Mar 29, 2019
I read quite a few back in secondary school but have forgotten most of their names. I can only remember these 2:

Ihe ojoo gba afo
Nwata bulie nna ya elu

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Igbo Lost Tribe Of Israel! / Cultural Game: What Is The Name Of This Yoruba Female's Attire? / Aerial View Of 19th Century's Abeokuta, Yorubaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.