Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,516 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:47 PM

Brother Tobe's Diary - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Brother Tobe's Diary (1443 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Brother Tobe's Diary by bonana: 6:10pm On Apr 01, 2017
Hello, I am about to start one.

Now as my fellow writers would say,

No part of this work may be republished elsewhere without the approved consent of the owner.

Thank you.

And every single thing you read here, from the names to the storyline is fiction, pure and unadulterated fiction.

Thank you.

Now this will be coming one at a Time, that's due to my tight schedule. grin

Thank you again.

Visit http://www.gistrealm..com for more tales.

Now. Brother Tobe's Diary,

Where did I stop sef angry undecided?

Re: Brother Tobe's Diary by bonana: 6:12pm On Apr 01, 2017
Walking on a wet soil has never been an easy task for me because of the amount of time I have to spend checking for the part of the ground that will swallow my white soled sneakers and leave it all mudded.
So on this particular Saturday, I had to spend 30 minutes on a walk to the church that would have ordinarily taken me 15 minutes. I was simply trying not to get my shoes soiled. As a top ranking member of the choir group in my church, it was paramount to me that I looked good all the time, given the circumstances under which I had even agreed to be a member.

The circumstance was naturally created by me though but with the help of Amaka, our Catechists daughter. That girl murdered me with her beauty the first time I set my eyes on her and oversaw my burial with her melodious voice.
Back then, when I was in my teens and not so wise in my own playboy's standards, Amaka was the type of girl I would be afraid of even to touch her panties spread on the laundry line talk more of banging her, I would consider her too beautiful to be soiled but now, as 21 year old 200 level student of a university that the name is not so important at the moment, the only thing that comes into my mind whenever I set my eyes on a girl is how flexible she would be on my 20 inches Wico mattress. Trust me, Amaka had that potential of being a rubber on any bed, my calculative mind thought it so.

I was switching my attention from the wet muddy ground and my shoes to my wrist watch which was shouting the time to me as 4:15 pm. The choir practice was supposed to start by 4pm but I always made it late to the church, I always needed to make that dramatic appearance that always had the guys hating and the girls drooling each time, they always end up switching subconsciously from tenor to bass and then forgetting their lines altogether in the end. Jeez, I was that handsome.
"Now don't hate like those guys in my Choir group."

The only person that beat me to the drama was Amaka. Everything on her was always perfect. Even if she walked into the church naked, I bet the parish priest would smile and say as usual, "Amy nwa, you look good on your natural cloth."

Whenever she cat walked innocently into our practice enclave, the girls would get mad with envy and the guys would drool. And she always manages to miss my eager eyes, begging her to come to my own side of the enclave. She would walk to her friend's side and dump her well detailed behind there with me singing and watching her like she was my transcript.

My shoes nevertheless got as muddy as it could and the annoying part was the thunder in the sky kept rumbling, a forerunner to the impending downpour, either ways, I wasn't bothered because I had decided that today was the day I was going to stop watching Amaka, I decided that I had done my 3 months anniversary into the choir and it was time to walk up to her and drop my bass on her.

Luck happened to be on my side that day. It was a thursday and thursday's always happened to be my lucky days. As I was swerving from one part of the dirt road to the other and watching out for oncoming fowls and Goats, I happened to set eyes on a shape that had every resemblance with Amaka's. She was on a black gown that brought out her killer shape, her ponytail flooded out of a neatly tied pink scarf on her head. The circular outline of her butt could make even a monk wet. I had to run and tell her what I thought about her, my shoes and the wet muddy ground not withstanding.

"Hey Amaka," I called as softly as I could. My voice always sounded sexier when I spoke softly with it, I don't know how right that is though, my ex told me that after we had broken up.

She turned around and slapped her beautiful make up free face into my eyes, I almost went blind. She smiled on seeing me and passed a greeting.
"Bro Tobenna, Good evening o."
If only she could just call me Tobe, it would be more romantic that way and if she could just "to hell" with that brother.

"Amy nwa how are you?" I asked, getting closer and fidgeting my hand, contemplating whether to hold her by the waist or to just be a brother. I just followed my mind anyways, I held the damn waist. She didn't object, only that I would be blind not to notice the slight look of surprise on her face.
"I am fine and you?"
"I am fine too."
I supplemented my reply with a funny gaze that made her smile, her smile made me smile too.

"We are late already," I said and she nodded.
"It's not a new thing for me shaa," she murmured and I nodded, we had that connection.
Funny enough, we seemed to swim the mud at intervals and she didn't seem to mind, for me I did mind but I couldn't show it, I minded because the shoes on my legs were my father's 12,000 naira 24 karat leather Italian shoes.

We were getting to the crux of the conversation, the rumbling thunder providing us with a not so pleasant background music.
We sooner got ourselves out of the muddy pathway and into a tarred road, the relief was much welcomed to me and by then we were already detached, holding onto a waist is always a sweet experience but holding onto it for much longer strains the arms a times.

Our conversations got her laughing and smiling most times and I was glad she was relaxed with me and I finally had the chance to test the waters with her. I was on my way to switching into my romantic part when a black tinted glass mercedes c class decided to give me another dose of afternoon shower, Amaka saw it coming and dodged faster, she had my undivided attention so I couldn't see the disaster on time.
My italo Shoes, my starched trouser, a part of my Aba made Versace top, all got riddled with dirty water. Worst off, I didn't get to abuse the perpetrator. First was the glass was tinted and It could be anybody, a politician, a police man, an army man, Secondly, the car was at top speed and was gone before I even realized that water was splashed on me.

Amaka gave me a look that almost made me cry, that type of sympathetic look that always messed with your tear gland. But then I wasn't going to cry, at least not until the skies opened and let out its own showers.

The day wasn't all lost shaa, We ran into a nearby primary school for shelter. Luckily, a door was open and we ran into the dark classroom, the perfect place for me to finish what I had started......

It's coming up in the next Chapter. Don't fuss, just wait for it, okay?

Drop your comments please... It keeps me going.

Thank you.

http://gistrealm..com.ng/2017/04/brother-tobes-diary.html?m=1

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Brother Tobe's Diary by bonana: 9:34pm On Apr 04, 2017
Both our voices were nearly drowned by the sound of the splattering rain on the roof. We had to keep our eyes on each other's lips, that way, we were able to understand each other.

My wet shoes were already chilling on a nearby desk inside the classroom. We both sat on different desks and I saw that moment as one that I wouldn't like to waste.

We spent some time in there in silence, I was arranging my lines and proof reading them in my mind. When you don't have money like I don't have, you will have to plan your wooing method critically but when you are rich, the money speaks for you.

"So how is school?" I asked her.
"I'm not in school yet, I am preparing for jamb."
I nodded.
She happened to be writing her second Jamb exam and still shooting for medicine. She seemed not to realize she was in Nigeria.

We talked and one thing to another, I asked her to come closer so we could hear each other better. She did and I dropped my hand on her shoulder, we could feel each other's breath as we sat there on the table, skin to skin.

"I like you," I blurted out after searching and not finding any decent indirect way of putting it. She just smiled and murmured a thank you.
"I don't need a thank you," I said and she turned to look at me.
"What do you need?"
"It's only natural that when a guy tells a girl that he likes her, she should say I like you too."
"Hmmm, Okay I have heard," she replied.

I made her drop her head on my shoulder and she obliged. I thought getting closer to her was rather too easy, cute girls like her don't just follow guys that easily, except she was already into me before time. I didn't mind, it rather made my job easier for me.

"I like you Amaka," I whispered again and took a deep breath, my right hand squeezing her hand.
"I like you too," she murmured and I smiled. My journey in the choir was about to get fruitful. 6 fall naturally into place, that way, should things ever flop, she can't go around telling everyone that Brother Tobenna wooed her.

As usual, we made our epic entrance into our choir practice venue, this time, leaving everyone more confused. Of course I had let go of her hand, but the attraction was there, you would readily know that something was happening or about to happen between us two, our being there together was more than innocent.

This time around, we sat together at the back, our skins rubbing against each other's. We sang to the lord like a couple in a duet performance. It was fun that way, the thrill of a fresh looming relationship was all over me. We would steal glances from time to time and a smile will light up at the corner of our lips.

The practice ended around 9:30 pm. Everywhere was dark as should be but the street lights on the road lit up the way. We or rather, I chose the dark path, she just followed. We took our own special part, away from the crowd of fellow choir members.

We walked in the darkness, our fingers intertwined, trying hard not to trip over.

"Can we walk to the church together tomorrow?" I asked.
"Maybe, if you meet up with me, you know you are always late."
I laughed and she joined me.
"But I'm always there before you."
"How do you know?"
"I just know because I'm always looking out for you," I replied and she laughed.
"By what time will you come out?" she asked me and I did my calculations. I loved being late for everything and if the time for an even was 6 am, I would start preparing by 5:59 am.

"5:45 am, is that okay?"
"Hmm, sure, just don't keep me waiting."
I nodded and we stopped right in front of their house.

"So it's Goodnight then," I said, rubbing her hands. She rubbed mine in return.
"See you tomorrow," she whispered and turned to go.
"I could have kissed you," I whispered after her and she giggled.
"Let's wait for tomorrow okay?"
"Okay, I shrugged and turned on my way home, swimming half caked mud in the dark.

I opened our door quietly and walked pass my father who was already snoring away in the parlor, the Tv blasting the whole place with nobody watching.

I dragged myself up to my room and fell on my bed all satisfied, my times in the church choir was finally worth it. I pulled the dirty shoes from my feet and flung them against my shoe rack, it managed not to pull everything down. I then relaxed again, gathering the strength I would use to walk into the kitchen for my dinner, just then, it occurred to me that I didn't get Amaka's number, the appetite vanished.
Re: Brother Tobe's Diary by iamdondanna(m): 11:39pm On Apr 04, 2017
GRAB a hot cofee head to the first seat in the first roll ...take away the chair and spread my matrress na here i wan sleep

Oga op i de feel ur parol please wake me when next u update

yipeee 1st to comment

1 Like

Re: Brother Tobe's Diary by bonana: 5:34pm On Apr 05, 2017
iamdondanna:
GRAB a hot cofee head to the first seat in the first roll ...take away the chair and spread my matrress na here i wan sleep

Oga op i de feel ur parol please wake me when next u update

yipeee 1st to comment

Thanks bro.
Re: Brother Tobe's Diary by bonana: 5:20pm On Apr 10, 2017
For the first time in 21 years of my life, I actually woke up before 5:45 am on a Sunday. My phone had fallen from my bed to the floor from vibration. I rolled on my sheets and picked it up, everything still intact and the alarm still blasting away. The time was 5:30 am by my phone.

My regular 20 minutes bath time was shortened to 3 minutes, I had to manage a cold bath since I didn't have the time to be heating up water as was usual for me. Half the bath water was still on my body as I slipped on my well starched red shirt, tucking it into my pencil ripped denim trouser. My red timber matched the top perfectly according to my mirror. My semi dread was in perfect shape as I ran my hands through my hair and positioned my head sideways to get a better look of my hair.

I left the house with the warmth of my body spray which I applied rather heavily, I was determined to impress my new girl. I made my way to their house, obviously keeping my distance to avoid being caught by her father, choir or no choir, he just didn't like boys coming to see his daughter at his home, even he knew she was beautiful and prone to guys like me.

I walked around the front of their gate in the dark early morning, praying for her to walk out.
"What if she had already left for the church?" I thought and a reply came up almost immediately "No she can't, we had an appointment."

I must have patrolled there for close to 15 minutes before I decided to move on to the church, my aim of getting up before my self allotted time obviously defeated.

I walked on, trying not to full from my fury and the uneven path. I hadn't walked far before I heard the sound footsteps behind me. Judging by the sound and pattern, it was obviously a girl.
I made up my mind I was going to stop her, at least, to compensate my disappointment. I was going to turn to take a proper look at my prospective companion when she pinched my back.

"Good morning," Amaka greeted as she walked up to me, her hand still at my back. Only the heavens knew the type of excitement I felt at that moment. I immediately dropped my hand on her shoulders and brought her closer.

"How was your night?" I asked and she nodded.
"It was fine and yours?"
"Was cold."
"Sorry dear."
I nodded and moved my hand down to her hips, she giggled and I thought in my mind, "This girl must be real naught."

"I came looking for you," I said after a while when we had hit the tarred road.
"At my house?"
"Not exactly but it was your house, I just waited outside for you to come out but no show."
"Well, I knew you were a late comer so I decided to wait a little longer since there was no way we could communicate."
"Yea, that's true, can I have your number please?"
"Please don't laugh at me," she pleaded, clutching on to me.
"Why?"
"Swear first."
"Okay, I won't laugh at you," I said with a smile.
"Well, I don't have a phone."
"Jeez, that's a tough one."
"Yes, my father promised me a phone since I wrote my last WAEC paper but since then, nothing nothing."
I laughed and she pinched my back.
"You promised you won't laugh."
"I wasn't laughing at your not having a phone, I was laughing at the way you said nothing nothing and it's like you love pinching people."
"Yes, better get used to it."

Something told me that we had been working for hours, because the church seemed to be farther than usual. Just when we were about to walk faster, the skies lit up with thunder flashes, the rain following close behind. Funny thing was that it caught us same place it did the previous day and we ran into the same primary school, the same class and sat on the same table but I still had my shoes on.

"So where are here again," I said.
"Yea, what's the time?"
I took a look at my phone and the time was 6:20 am. I told her and she laughed.
"We are both used to going to the church late." she said and I smiled.
"Do you have your lipstick on?" I asked.
"No, people say that my lips are already pink enough so I don't have to add a lipstick to it. Why do you ask?"
"Come closer let me tell you," I replied and held her hand, pulling her closer to me. I parted my legs on the table and led her in between them, placing my right hand behind her nape and bringing her face close to mine. Our lips locked and she placed her hands round my neck. With both our eyes shut, we kissed in the dark, my hands searching all over her body while she held on to me, pushing her tongue into my mouth. I happened to love everything about her, her tongue inclusive and I licked it dry of any liquid.

My hormones rushed as I hugged her, not wanting to let go of the warm body.
"You are beautiful and I really love you."
She kept quiet and just held onto me, my hands ran down the curve of her lower body, gently massaging her well shaped backside.

"I love you too," she whispered.
"Really?" I asked, still holding onto her. She nodded and pulled away from me.

"So how do I contact you if you don't have a phone?" I asked, trying to get rid of the uneasiness that usually followed a first kiss.
"Write me a letter," she replied and we laughed.
"Don't worry, I will call you."

The rain stopped we stepped out, the darkness was almost gone and the time was 6:45 am. We walked to the church through a less busy path, holding each other's hand and talking once in a while.

We waited for the perfect time to walk into the church together and it was the offertory time that suited the purpose. We took a seat behind the rest of the choir members. I could almost feel the eyes of the priest on me or was it us, I and Amaka. Either ways, his eyes was on us and I wasn't finding it funny.
"I think the priest is looking at us," I whispered to her and she smiled.
"I will tell you something about him after service."

My eyes widened at the prospect of what she was going to say.

We ran out of the church at dismissal, before anybody could get to us. I got the chance to explore her properly. She was on red and it got us looking like couples. The red was a sleek elastic gown that hugged her body, exposing her curves to prying eyes. I was obviously prying. Her shoes too were red, a red high heeled sneakers that complicated her beautiful legs in a way I couldn't explain.

We walked through our lonely part and someway found ourselves back at the classroom. We bolted the door and flew into each other's arm. I lifted her on to a table and got in between her laps and grabbed her lips.
"At this rate, we are going to have a baby before the year runs out," I murmured in between a mouthful of kisses. She smiled and tugged at my shirt.
"We will name the baby after this school," she replied.

I pulled away and adjusted my shirt, she had smiles all over her face.
"What's funny?" I asked.
"Did you actually join the choir because of me?" she asked.
"No, that's not true, I'm also a member at school."
I was rather defensive, she caught that and laughed.
"Relax, a quarter of the boys in the choir are there because of me, that's why I don't come early and always go home early too."
"So why did you fall for me?" I asked, walking closer to her.
"Because I like you, I don't know why but I like you."
She kissed me and roughened my shirt again, intentionally.

"What were you going to tell me about the priest?" I asked, breathing down her neck.
"It's true sef, do you want to know why he was looking at us?"
I nodded sheepishly, waiting for her to tell me how he asked her to join the convent.

"He is Chasing me!" she said.

http://gistrealm..com.ng/2017/04/brother-tobes-diary-3.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: Brother Tobe's Diary by Creeza(m): 5:55pm On Apr 10, 2017
Lol , real funny and cool. Oga tobe na u be boss o

1 Like

Re: Brother Tobe's Diary by brunxy(m): 9:43am On May 03, 2017
Nice One...Keep it coming
Re: Brother Tobe's Diary by ehmusshogun(m): 3:41pm On May 03, 2017
you got a fan, nice work
Re: Brother Tobe's Diary by iamdondanna(m): 11:26pm On Jul 21, 2017
Op why u stop am na u dey hurt my feeling oo

(1) (Reply)

Future In Chaos (A True Life Short Story)written By Etz Sky Prince / To The Dying African Generation / Don't Just Write Articles For Fun, Write Them For Money Too

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.