Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,766 members, 7,820,677 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:20 PM

UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD - Phones (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD (1722553 Views)

TECNO Spark 5 Official Discussion Thread / ********Gionee Discussion Thread******** / Infinix Hot 4 PRO (X556) Official Discussion Thread (REVIEW) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (2175) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 11:40pm On May 01, 2017
saintkenny:

which smart watch is that? can you recommend it or you've discovered another budget smart watch that's relatively better?

LG urbane (GEN1)..... All smartwatches in my perception perform the same function, buy one and comot face.
Simply get a couple of Omega, Rolex, vostox, breitling etc etc faces.
And keep switching faces as at when required.........
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by princetom1(m): 11:13am On May 02, 2017
Lexusgs430:

LG urbane (GEN1)..... All smartwatches in my perception perform the same function, buy one and comot face.
Simply get a couple of Omega, Rolex, vostox, breitling etc etc faces.
And keep switching faces as at when required.........

How dumb!!!

Now it's clear why they are a shitty company in 2017

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 11:25am On May 02, 2017
princetom1:

How dumb!!!

Now it's clear why they are a shitty company in 2017

If Umi likes, take Steve Jobs brain for research. They should simply sell to market, phones that works......
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by princetom1(m): 11:28am On May 02, 2017
Lexusgs430:

If Umi likes, take Steve Jobs brain for research. They should simply sell to market, phones that works......

Ha ha ha. Steve job brain too much, it will cause confusion for them. Let them take trump brain. That's enough. Between, alot of this small company can do well with budget phones because is less complicated. They aren't just cut out for the advance, software wise.
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by rookidmart: 11:35am On May 02, 2017
Update on the UMI Z with proximity sensor issues:

Apparently it was a software issue.

I formatted and flashed the phone with SP flash tool and it's working perfectly well so far.
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by princetom1(m): 11:50am On May 02, 2017
rookidmart:
Update on the UMI Z with proximity sensor issues:

Apparently it was a software issue.

I formatted and flashed the phone with SP flash tool and it's working perfectly well so far.

Finally, one positive news. Hope it last sha.
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by elpato(m): 1:54pm On May 02, 2017
princetom1:

Umi don orubebe you, now jega d seller grin. On a serious note, don't buy anything from brands like umi, elephone et all more then 150 USD. Vintino, how are u enjoying ur umi? They always can pull off d hardware but they aren't cut out for the software, even if u give them 2 years to work. Their best staff works in d advert department. Their engineer are sorry assesd
Bro it seems you know a lot about phone brands. what do you say about oukitel, doogee ulefone and elephone in terms of durability. thanks
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by princetom1(m): 2:54pm On May 02, 2017
elpato:
Bro it seems you know a lot about phone brands. what do you say about oukitel, doogee ulefone and elephone in terms of durability. thanks

Its 2017, they will all have good build quality by that's mostly where dey end. If u hear doogee and it's expensive, dodge am. If it's elephone, it's a Lie, oukitel still dey try, ulefone is shitty. The point is, if u wanna buy an inexpensive phone, most will serve u well, but don't expect the software to be cool. The best software u will get from these oem is almost stock rom. If u see any expensive ones, pls, don't come back later and sat we didn't warn u o
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 12:28am On May 03, 2017
princetom1:

Its 2017, they will all have good build quality by that's mostly where dey end. If u hear doogee and it's expensive, dodge am. If it's elephone, it's a Lie, oukitel still dey try, ulefone is shitty. The point is, if u wanna buy an inexpensive phone, most will serve u well, but don't expect the software to be cool. The best software u will get from these oem is almost stock rom. If u see any expensive ones, pls, don't come back later and sat we didn't warn u o

If they can get the hardware bit so right, how come they are falling down marrying the software + hardware?
The hardware is meant to be the difficult bit while the software the easiest?
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by princetom1(m): 12:51am On May 03, 2017
Lexusgs430:

If they can get the hardware bit so right, how come they are falling down marrying the software + hardware?
The hardware is meant to be the difficult bit while the software the easiest?

Don't mind my typos, always in a hurry. Nope, the software is harder. As a matter of fact, parts are everywhere in china, from lcd to even amoled. You have suplier of lenses and sensors and all, all almost in china. Putting these hardware together isn't a problem at all. As a matter of fact, we can contact factories to build generic phones for us bt d software part, we have to take care of it ourself. Wonder why it takes do long sometimes for phones to be upgraded from 1 Android version to d oda? It takes alot of work. Months. The Chinese can't take their time and solve all bugs and all and aren't really versed with what the western world want in a software. They make little monies on these phones, so time us if essence. I remembered once an elephone engineer saying they have deadline even wen software aren't ready yet. Unlike the likes of Samsung and apples that sells staggering amount of phones, some if these sellers can't boast of 200, 000 per devices. They have to make it nau, ba? They know their last phone is shitty, they release new one to make u forget the last ones and the cycle keep going

2 Likes

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 1:12am On May 03, 2017
princetom1:

Don't mind my typos, always in a hurry. Nope, the software is harder. As a matter of fact, parts are everywhere in china, from lcd to even amoled. You have suplier of lenses and sensors and all, all almost in china. Putting these hardware together isn't a problem at all. As a matter of fact, we can contact factories to build generic phones for us bt d software part, we have to take care of it ourself. Wonder why it takes do long sometimes for phones to be upgraded from 1 Android version to d oda? It takes alot of work. Months. The Chinese can't take their time and solve all bugs and all and aren't really versed with what the western world want in a software. They make little monies on these phones, so time us if essence. I remembered once an elephone engineer saying they have deadline even wen software aren't ready yet. Unlike the likes of Samsung and apples that sells staggering amount of phones, some if these sellers can't boast of 200, 000 per devices. They have to make it nau, ba? They know their last phone is shitty, they release new one to make u forget the last ones and the cycle keep going

An open source software should not be that difficult to marry.
Get quality testers on the case, fix one bug on Nougat, replicate Nougat on a host of devices with very similar internals, the bugs would quiet easily all be squeezed out.
Umidigi does not skin their version of android, hence Google done almost all the wahala for them......
They do not test at all thoroughly. They are only keen on flogging their units....
Well, if this rubbish business model and mentality works for them. I wish them Goodluck......
NB: I hope my umidigi note c, is also not a disaster...

1 Like

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by duwdu: 8:50pm On May 03, 2017
Lexusgs430:

An open source software should not be that difficult to marry.
Get quality testers on the case, fix one bug on Nougat, replicate Nougat on a host of devices with very similar internals, the bugs would quiet easily all be squeezed out.
Umidigi does not skin their version of android, hence Google done almost all the wahala for them......
They do not test at all thoroughly. They are only keen on flogging their units....
Well, if this rubbish business model and mentality works for them. I wish them Goodluck......
NB: I hope my umidigi note c, is also not a disaster...

All of those cost money o... that's part of what princetom1 alludes to. At the end of the day, most of those Chinese companies/vendors have to penny-pinch to make sustainable profit.

Having said all of that, some of the companies do make success of it.

P34c3
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 10:59pm On May 03, 2017
duwdu:

All of those cost money o... that's part of what princetom1 alludes to. At the end of the day, most of those Chinese companies/vendors have to penny-pinch to make sustainable profit.

Having said all of that, some of the companies do make success of it.

P34c3

I thought money chased money?

If umidigi sells 5000 units of the Z Pro model and 2500 defective products are returned, thats a very bad profit making model.
All that is left to perfect the job of testing is not that difficult, considering the fact that Umidigi does not run aggressive advert campaigns, so what of mouth, blogs etc etc, plays an important role in profile, profit making and general acceptance.
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by princetom1(m): 12:21am On May 04, 2017
Lexusgs430:

I thought money chased money?

If umidigi sells 5000 units of the Z Pro model and 2500 defective products are returned, thats a very bad profit making model.
All that is left to perfect the job of testing is not that difficult, considering the fact that Umidigi does not run aggressive advert campaigns, so what of mouth, blogs etc etc, plays an important role in profile, profit making and general acceptance.

These companies prefer to pay people like Dimitris economou for advertising than perfect software. Advert is everything to them.

Modified. Yesterday it was iPhone close they are working on for 80 usd, today they have sent me nail again, they are working on Xiaomi mi mix clone of 99usd. Call it crazy
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 12:59am On May 04, 2017
princetom1:

These companies prefer to pay people like Dimitris economou for advertising than perfect software. Advert is everything to them.

Modified. Yesterday it was iPhone close they are working on for 80 usd, today they have sent me nail again, they are working on Xiaomi mi mix clone of 99usd. Call it crazy

They should divert this positive energy and offer true competition.
Why clone this and clone that? I still submit that, the hardware build is usually very good, so nah only small remain to make a perfect device.
Still awaiting my Umidigi Note C delivery.....
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by princetom1(m): 6:32am On May 04, 2017
Lexusgs430:

They should divert this positive energy and offer true competition.
Why clone this and clone that? I still submit that, the hardware build is usually very good, so nah only small remain to make a perfect device.
Still awaiting my Umidigi Note C delivery.....

What has always differentiate the big guns from the small fishes is software and it will continue to be. Hardware, is inexpensive, but software is, with all it takes and time

1 Like

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 6:55am On May 04, 2017
princetom1:

What has always differentiate the big guns from the small fishes is software and it will continue to be. Hardware, is inexpensive, but software is, with all it takes and time

Make my umidigi Note C just work flawlessly, then I no send them.....
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 12:30pm On May 04, 2017
Umidigi Note C delivered and charging. Hopefully positive updates later..........

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by princetom1(m): 12:42pm On May 04, 2017
Lexusgs430:
Umidigi Note C delivered and charging. Hopefully positive updates later..........

Yayyy
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 12:44pm On May 04, 2017
princetom1:

Yayyy

The hardware is on point, yet again.........
Lets hope the sw does not disappoint again ........
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by princetom1(m): 12:49pm On May 04, 2017
Lexusgs430:

The hardware is on point, yet again.........
Lets hope the sw does not disappoint again ........

Spoiler alert. It will work bt don't push it hard and don't expect it to last u forever. It's designed to last a while, so that u can buy their new clones
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 1:05pm On May 04, 2017
princetom1:

Spoiler alert. It will work bt don't push it hard and don't expect it to last u forever. It's designed to last a while, so that u can buy their new clones

LOL..... Umidigi crystal is now open for subscription...... This umidigi just dey release phone like pure water. But the umidigi crystal fyn o...... Only $99 (what a bargain)
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 1:13pm On May 04, 2017
princetom1:

Umidigi crystal already launched. Its the xiaomi mix clone
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by princetom1(m): 1:59pm On May 04, 2017
Lexusgs430:

LOL..... Umidigi crystal is now open for subscription...... This umidigi just dey release phone like pure water. But the umidigi crystal fyn o...... Only $99 (what a bargain)

Don't buy a carton o.
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 3:08pm On May 04, 2017
princetom1:

Don't buy a carton o.

Carton ke? Check www.umidigi.com
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by jamel9: 3:19pm On May 04, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Carton ke? Check www.umidigi.com
Congrats, hopes it serves you well. waiting for review.
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 3:30pm On May 04, 2017
Umidigi no go kill pesin o. They have launched another device ------- Umidigi G ...... This guys are really smoking xpired somtin.....
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 3:31pm On May 04, 2017
jamel9:
Congrats, hopes it serves you well. waiting for review.

Still running a test, still working very well so far .....
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by jamel9: 3:35pm On May 04, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Still running a test, still working very well so far .....
Ok, good.
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by jamel9: 3:45pm On May 04, 2017
Lexusgs430:
Umidigi no go kill pesin o. They have launched another device ------- Umidigi G ...... This guys are really smoking xpired somtin.....
umidigi g looks like an iPhone + samsung clone. it looks beautiful. The only downside is the 2000mah battery. For 80 dollars, I think is ok.
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by nani667: 4:18pm On May 04, 2017
all these experimental devices ... make I just dey Observe reviews
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 4:53pm On May 04, 2017
jamel9:
umidigi g looks like an iPhone + samsung clone. it looks beautiful. The only downside is the 2000mah battery. For 80 dollars, I think is ok.

2000mah battery + 20000mah vinsic powerbank = perfectly perfect combination..........

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (2175) (Reply)

Best Games To Download For Your Android Device / The Xiaomi Thread.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.