Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,359 members, 7,815,765 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:56 PM

UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD - Phones (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD (1714280 Views)

TECNO Spark 5 Official Discussion Thread / ********Gionee Discussion Thread******** / Infinix Hot 4 PRO (X556) Official Discussion Thread (REVIEW) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (2175) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by fibonacci2526: 1:59pm On Jul 26, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Which of the clients is your to keep?

I find my self using fenix 2 more these days, i love the smooth scrolling but flamingo will always be the one after my heart.

so many customisations to boot.
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 2:26pm On Jul 26, 2017
fibonacci2526:

I find my self using fenix 2 more these days, i love the smooth scrolling but flamingo will always be the one after my heart.

so many customisations to boot.

Flamingo launched the same time as vapor, vapor just disappeared.
Vapor too used to be very good......
I use Talon more than flamingo. Talon is my to-go...
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by fibonacci2526: 3:34pm On Jul 26, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Flamingo launched the same time as vapor, vapor just disappeared.
Vapor too used to be very good......
I use Talon more than flamingo. Talon is my to-go...

There is something about talon that doesn't sit well with me, yes the klinker brothers have put in a great deal of work with it but there is something slightly off.

You should try fenix 2 preview(the old version ran out of twitter horrible token limitation, so the developer is building a new one from scratch) as it has been ace so far.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=it.mvilla.android.fenix2.preview&hl=en
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 3:46pm On Jul 26, 2017
fibonacci2526:

There is something about talon that doesn't sit well with me, yes the klinker brothers have put in a great deal of work with it but there is something slightly off.

You should try fenix 2 preview(the old version ran out of twitter horrible token limitation, so the developer is building a new one from scratch) as it has been ace so far.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=it.mvilla.android.fenix2.preview&hl=en

Installed.... Would try it out later... Wanna crash small...
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 3:49pm On Jul 26, 2017
fibonacci2526:

My twitter parade.....

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 3:53pm On Jul 26, 2017
fibonacci2526:

Talon also fell fowl of the token evil, about 2 years ago. But Talon just does it for me. Fenix is looking good, but would explore properly later....
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by fibonacci2526: 4:06pm On Jul 26, 2017
Lexusgs430:

My twitter parade.....

LOL. Yay!!! for Fotmob Pro, no livescore app comes close to it.

Yes, i should have put dash between the live and score.

Really keeps me updated on all my footy scores.
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 4:07pm On Jul 26, 2017
fibonacci2526:

LOL. Yay!!! for Fotmob Pro, no livescore app comes close to it.

Comes close, but still far from FotMob Pro.....

An app called livescore is on the playstore...
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 9:55pm On Jul 26, 2017
fibonacci2526:

Fenix is looking good so far........ I might be keeping it too
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by fibonacci2526: 10:11pm On Jul 26, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Fenix is looking good so far........ I might be keeping it too

That's great to hear!!

1 Like

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 10:14pm On Jul 26, 2017
fibonacci2526:

That's great to hear!!

Now my data go dey run like water. 4 twitter clients....
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by busuyi44: 3:46am On Jul 27, 2017
Does Z1 Pro support Glo LTE band 28?
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 5:42am On Jul 27, 2017
busuyi44:
Does Z1 Pro support Glo LTE band 28?

I know it supports 4G LTE but not sure of bands......

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by busuyi44: 12:39pm On Jul 27, 2017
Lexusgs430:

I know it supports 4G LTE but not sure of bands......
Ooh nno!! It doesn't support band 28 (700mhz frequency) from what you displayed
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by fibonacci2526: 1:46pm On Jul 27, 2017
busuyi44:

How many phones support that outdated band? They did zero feasibility studies when employing that band.
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 1:52pm On Jul 27, 2017
busuyi44:

Possibly, buy this Umidigi Z1 Pro and PORT....
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 1:53pm On Jul 27, 2017
fibonacci2526:

How many phones support that outdated band? They did zero feasibility studies when employing that band.

GLO possibly got the hardware very cheap, and could not miss the offer.....
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by fibonacci2526: 2:01pm On Jul 27, 2017
Lexusgs430:

GLO possibly got the hardware very cheap, and could not miss the offer.....

Well most people are not using their crap data services on 3G (hey they might tell you to change to 2G once you lay a complaint)

I mean who uses 2G in this age and time? Terrible network.
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 2:03pm On Jul 27, 2017
fibonacci2526:

Well most people are not using their crap data services on 3G (hey they might tell you to change to 2G once you lay a complaint)

I mean who uses 2G in this age and time? Terrible network.

But earthrealm is a lover of GLO 4G services? Possibly location dependent. Or he lives at banana island....
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 5:58pm On Jul 27, 2017
Umidigi Z1 - $179.99 (on banggood)
Umidigi Z1 Pro - $279.99 (on banggood)

Now this are truly a bargain.....

Both devices comes with 6/64

Main difference between Z1 & Z1 Pro are :

Super Amoled screen & thickness of device

Passion Red, only on Z1 Pro

Both come shipped with 4000mah
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Osaki07: 7:12pm On Jul 27, 2017
Lexusgs430:
Umidigi Z1 - $179.99 (on banggood)
Umidigi Z1 Pro - $279.99 (on banggood)

Now this are truly a bargain.....

Both devices comes with 6/64

Main difference between Z1 & Z1 Pro are :

Super Amoled screen & thickness of device

Both come shipped with 4000mah
I heard umidigi only manufactured 200 units of the Z1 pro?
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 7:33pm On Jul 27, 2017
Osaki07:
I heard umidigi only manufactured 200 units of the Z1 pro?

I do not know the total quantities manufactured. But the cost of the Amoled screen, was probably too much to bear.......
It makes the Umidigi Z1 Pro (Passion Red), all the more exclusive.......
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by duwdu: 9:43pm On Jul 27, 2017
fibonacci2526:

LOL; Well, I used to have that mindset, until other early adopters (such as dustmalik) on this forum, pointed out that Band 28 has about the best wall/barrier penetration qualities of all the LTE Bands adopted for use in Nigeria, followed, in my own opinion, by Band 8. And in a country where signal strength is mostly at a premium, that factor seemed a no-brainer to me...

I quickly latched on and grabbed Glo's 4G MiFi while it was on a promotion for ₦5k — best investment I've ever made on Glo! Most users — including yours truly — are reporting solid performance on Glo's LTE band every where. I get on it a solid ~ 16-23mb/s (about 2-4MB/s) and about 95% uptime (by my estimation) virtually every where in my crib. So, there you are, Glo actually got this one right, and is handling it well this far.

Of course, Glo's 3G is still crap in my own zone as well, but thank heavens I don't have to deal with that anymore/whenever I have the option of Band 28.

Just to be clear, MTN's 4G services still beats Glo's for speed, but Glo's is better in terms of signal penetration and therefore quality. (I use both.)

(There were some recent reports [which I have not personally verified,] that MTN might have switched off its 4G services in several parts of the country outside Lagos. The service is still solid for me in Lagos. Just thought to throw this bit on MTN in here.)

P34c3
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Osaki07: 10:55pm On Jul 27, 2017
Lexusgs430:

I do not know the total quantities manufactured. But the cost of the Amoled screen, was probably too much to bear.......
It makes the Umidigi Z1 Pro (Passion Red), all the more exclusive.......
hmm.. true, make sense.
By the way have you seen this ulephone T1..as in the design is no where different from the Umidigi Z1 duo

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 11:12pm On Jul 27, 2017
Osaki07:
hmm.. true, make sense.
By the way have you seen this ulephone T1..as in the design is no where different from the Umidigi Z1 duo

Yes, looks very similar. I think this design structure is the design for 2017......
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by fibonacci2526: 11:14pm On Jul 27, 2017
duwdu:

LOL; Well, I used to have that mindset, until other early adopters (such as dustmalik) on this forum, pointed out that Band 28 has about the best wall/barrier penetration qualities of all the LTE Bands adopted for use in Nigeria, followed, in my own opinion, by Band 8. And in a country where signal strength is mostly at a premium, that factor seemed a no-brainer to me...

I quickly latched on and grabbed Glo's 4G MiFi while it was on a promotion for ₦5k — best investment I've ever made on Glo! Most users — including yours truly — are reporting solid performance on Glo's LTE band every where. I get on it a solid ~ 16-23mb/s (about 2-4MB/s) and about 95% uptime (by my estimation) virtually every where in my crib. So, there you are, Glo actually got this one right, and is handling it well this far.

Of course, Glo's 3G is still crap in my own zone as well, but thank heavens I don't have to deal with that anymore/whenever I have the option of Band 28.

Just to be clear, MTN's 4G services still beats Glo's for speed, but Glo's is better in terms of signal penetration and therefore quality. (I use both.)

(There were some recent reports [which I have not personally verified,] that MTN might have switched off its 4G services in several parts of the country outside Lagos. The service is still solid for me in Lagos. Just thought to throw this bit on MTN in here.)

P34c3

Thanks for the insight.

FWIW I use MTN 4G and it's blazing fast.
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 2:21am On Jul 28, 2017
Umidigi already sending a patch via OTA. The next update, might be the major update to Android O........

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 4:44am On Jul 28, 2017
Unfortunately, the above update is got a negative impact on my Umidigi Z1 Pro. Updates are meant to improve but this hopeless update, makes my phone display a white screen,few seconds after reboot.

After full reboot, phone loads correctly, but after about 28 seconds, phone just displays white screen......

Sent Umidigi a message expressing my displeasure.

Trying to wake my Umidigi Z1 Pro up from this update slumber......

Thank Goodness I still have my Umidigi C Note(arise from the gadget bin, come to your brothers rescue) ........

1 Like

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 5:18am On Jul 28, 2017
Might have to take a flash to rectify this update anomaly........
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 5:20am On Jul 28, 2017
Anyone using an Umidigi Z1 Pro, update to this nonsense prompt at your own risk......
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by fibonacci2526: 5:49am On Jul 28, 2017
Lexusgs430:
Unfortunately, the above update is got a never impact on my Umidigi Z1 Pro. Updates are meant to improve but this hopeless update, makes my phone display a white screen,few seconds after reboot.

After full reboot, phone loads correctly, but after about 28 seconds, phone just displays white screen......

Sent Umidigi a message expressing my displeasure.

Trying to wake my Umidigi Z1 Pro up from this update slumber......

Thank Goodness I still have my Umidigi C Note(arise from the gadget bin, come to your brothers rescue) ........

Well we could have told you, grin
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 6:03am On Jul 28, 2017
fibonacci2526:

Well we could have told you, grin

Just a minor glitch.......

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (2175) (Reply)

Best Games To Download For Your Android Device / The Xiaomi Thread.

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.