Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,668 members, 7,955,428 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:19 AM

Stop! Even Zeus Could Not Play God - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Stop! Even Zeus Could Not Play God (541 Views)

Diary Of My Zeus And Medusa / Zeus And The Golden Apple (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Stop! Even Zeus Could Not Play God by Nobody: 9:38am On Apr 02, 2017
It surprises me most times when people think they can play god just because they have a little edge over other people.

Are you one of them folks that 'lord' over their friends the moment they reach the ‘promised land?’ if you are, then you are missing it.

Meet them in offices where they are the MDs or the EDs and I bet you, that would be the worst day of your life!

We as humans like everything good and many times a lot of us work extremely hard to achieve our goals but spoil it when we become gods.

Our wants are insatiable, which was why I asked, have you got everything you want? We can never have enough.

I love success and I do not hesitate to let anyone around me know that, I work hard to get to any where I want to be.

But when I get there, I do not start acting like the air people breathe is totally under my control, no, I don’t.

The truth is, everyone of us has a role to play really, nobody is better than anybody believe that my friend.

There are so many cases of people complaining about their childhood friends ‘lording’ over them because they are more successful!

Once they ‘make’ it, they instantly forget who you are and even struggle remembering your name when they bump into you.

The amount of superiority complex they display is totally alarming and believe me it can be heart breaking.

Playing god over people can be attributed to selfishness which has eaten deep into the hearts and minds of so many people!

That ‘vice’ selfishness is the greatest enemy of mankind; it kills hope and brings sadness and pains in the lives of people affected.

What is the joy of having so much yet, you give so little even when it is glaring people around you are lacking in one way or the other.

Instead of using your God-given grace to reach out to them, you play god by being so arrogant and proud.

There was an incident that occurred a couple of years ago and each time I remembered that I just shake my head in utter disappointment.

One of my friends who was more of a distant relative left the shores of this country to Europe immediately after he graduated from the university.

But before he left, he was always around us his friends and close relatives because, he was an only child and his parents weren’t well to do.

He was that kind of guy that made you laugh till your ribs ached but then, he complained of hardship and how he couldn’t wait to make it!

My parents and together with a maternal uncle he had helped ‘package’ him to Europe and gave him all the inspiration he needed.

Because he was a smart chap, it didn’t take him time to settle down and get himself acquainted with other Nigerians around him.

Within a spate of two years it was like the speed of lightening, he became a force to reckon with and in fact a phenomenon.

But that was the end of the down-to-earth guy we all knew as he came down to Nigeria to become the greatest Zeus that ever lived!

He neither came to our house anymore nor even called my parents to say he was back, we ignored him and left him to his conscience.

Eighteen months after he came back, he was scammed by dubious business men, he lost all he had and was back to basics!

http://www.chichiuncensored.com/stop-even-zeus-not-play-god/
Re: Stop! Even Zeus Could Not Play God by Desammyst(m): 6:23am On Apr 03, 2017
Yeah, very true. God is God, man is man. Do u notice the difference in the capitalization That's how humans behave, Ego beclouds their sense of judgement.

1 Like

Re: Stop! Even Zeus Could Not Play God by seunny4lif(m): 7:37am On Apr 03, 2017
Ok now
What can we do about the guy now undecided
OP you worship your pastor everyday grin grin
Man is Man
God is God

(1) (Reply)

Episode2 Of Igbo Traditions Practiced Till Date: Female Same-$x Marriages / 7 Signs You're Dealing With A Passive-aggressive Person / Https://www.strongmuscleshop.com/super-trim-500/

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.