Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,300 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:46 PM

Re: Confused By This Picture - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Re: Confused By This Picture (839 Views)

‘I Don’t Understand The Rules’ – Mikel Arteta Confused By VAR Monitor Use / Unai Emery Fighting To Save Arsenal Job As Players Are Left Confused By Tactics / Alex Iwobi Confused After Coming On As Substitute. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Confused By This Picture by johnie: 9:41am On Apr 03, 2017
Naptu2 posted

"I'm a little bit confused by this picture.

David Ngodiga is the goalkeeper. He is introducing Etim Esin to Admiral Aikhomu. Samuel Okwaraji is behind them. I'm not sure who is between Etim Esin and Okwaraji.

But here's the confusing thing. I remember this match and I know that Stephen Keshi was the captain, so why was Ngodiga doing the introductions?

Nigeria vs Angola (1989). Okwaraji slumped and died during this match."

Naptu2, would you be willing to bring us into your thoughts?

The diary section doesn't allow for contributions. I find your diary entries simulating and really love to discuss some of them but for the limitation above.

Is there a way around this?

Concerning the picture, the player on the extreme left is not Etim Esin.

The player you are puzzled about seems to me to be Ademola Adeshina.

Admiral Aikhomu really looks young in this photo. Sure that's him?

I know he was a regular at the Eagle's matches.

If that's him, it means we guys don old be that o!

Probably means he was younger than we are now or about the same age as we are now.

I also remember the match where the tracksuits were cut. It was a sight to behold.

Cameroon also carried the show of shame to the World Cup where they used black markers to write their numbers behind their jerseys.

Re: Re: Confused By This Picture by johnie: 10:16am On Apr 03, 2017
I think the person on the extreme left is Chibuzor Ehilegbu.
Re: Re: Confused By This Picture by johnie: 10:27am On Apr 03, 2017
Here's a recent picture of Adesina.

Any resemblance?

Are you sure that was the match Okwaraji died in? From the background, the stadium was packed so there's that likelihood .

I also wonder why ngodigha did the introductions.

Thoughts of this being a flying eagles match are cancelled by the fact that Okwaraji did not plau for the Flying Eagles and that the introductions would have been done by Ali Jeje

Re: Re: Confused By This Picture by mikron(m): 2:58am On Apr 04, 2017
is that Admiral Aikhomu. ? looks more like ibrahim babangida, just my opinion

(1) (Reply)

UNTHINKABLE: Man Bet His 22-year Old Match On Juve To Win UCL Final / Wazobiasports: Today Betting Picks (photo) / NFF Celebrates Super Eagles Goalkeeper, Ikechukwu Ezenwa On His Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.