Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,027 members, 7,814,509 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:06 PM

Cultural Shock - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cultural Shock (717 Views)

Top 10 Countries With The Worst Passports In The World. Number 1 Will Shock You! / This New Plane Designed For American President Will Shock You (photos) - See Mor / Nigerian Rapper Died Of Shock In UK, Post Mortem Shows (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cultural Shock by MOG2009: 12:41pm On Dec 27, 2009
Fellow Narialanders,

Kindly, share some of your experiences in other country or culture, you've visited. I believe some of this behavior or culture are strange to us (Nigerians).
For example, I was shocked to learnt in New York City, that  teenage girls  at 13 & up have rights to privacy at the hospital. She can "bounce" her parents, if she chooses. 
Also, any male child or children at 2 & up are not suppose to share a room with their parents.

Tell us your own experience, "cultural shock"
Re: Cultural Shock by Hesperus(m): 12:49pm On Dec 27, 2009
Seeing people french kissing/smooching publicly, even girl on girl action. So un-African!
Re: Cultural Shock by iice(f): 2:27pm On Dec 27, 2009
Yeah the kissing thing was a bit hmmm different at first. I mean pecks between friends.
Re: Cultural Shock by MOG2009: 9:51pm On Dec 27, 2009
Good example @ Hesperus, I believe some of us can relate this to the Nigerian movie "Osoufia in London". The main character couldn't hold back his cultural shock of seeing pigeons feeding at Trafalgar square.
Re: Cultural Shock by johnkent(m): 2:18am On Dec 28, 2009
seeing 2 guys make out in Public. it wasn't shocking or anything but it was something unusual. Not something you see on the streets of lagos
Re: Cultural Shock by Nobody: 10:15pm On Dec 28, 2009
johnkent:

seeing 2 guys make out in Public. it wasn't shocking or anything but it was something unusual. Not something you see on the streets of lagos
Nauseating
Re: Cultural Shock by johnkent(m): 11:32am On Dec 29, 2009
osaass:

Nauseating
lol. not at bad as it might seem thou.

(1) (Reply)

Austrlian Business Visa / Wannabe Saviour Drives Car Into Aircraft / Is Canada Ticket Up To N245,000?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.