Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,989 members, 7,810,757 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:44 PM

Do You Still Love Being Fleeced On Phones And Tablets? - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Do You Still Love Being Fleeced On Phones And Tablets? (2581 Views)

Call Us For Free Solutions To Your Mobile Phones And Tablets / Phone Deals. UK used Phones / ZEALSTECH - Daily Super Deal Alert On Phones And Laptops - Fastest Finger First (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Still Love Being Fleeced On Phones And Tablets? by Protein0: 10:53am On Apr 04, 2017
The perception of most Africans, especially Nigerians, yours truly inclusive, to the not so popular tech brands used to be distaste even when our assessments were from distances.

I somehow had the cause to practically check some of these brands and feel cheated for my previous tech purchases. I can categorically say BRAND NAMES ARE THE TOOLS WITH WITH WE ARE BEING ROBBED OF OUR HARD EARNED MONEY.

Kindly don't misquote me. Quality MUST not be jettisoned for price. Common tech brands are over priced.

China is an indispensable tech hub to the whole world. It's just laughable and unfortunate that we term some devices as "chinkos", while we flaunt China-made but US-purchased items.

With all sense of responsibility, I can recommend these brands for anyone willing to get value for every penny spent.

Xiaomi
Oneplus
Umi
Meizu
Doogee
Zte
Blackview
Oukitel
Leagoo
Lenovo

No matter what you desire in a phone or tablet, with quality assured, these brands get you covered without breaking Ur safe.

Need suggestions on what models to go for? Drop your specs .

Protein0 writes.

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Love Being Fleeced On Phones And Tablets? by Babalegba(m): 11:58am On Apr 04, 2017
Okay but how do you get spare parts and replacement batteries for the mostly esoteric phones you mentioned. I think it's wise to stick to phones with service centers in Nigeria
Re: Do You Still Love Being Fleeced On Phones And Tablets? by Protein0: 12:14pm On Apr 04, 2017
Babalegba:
Okay but how do you get spare parts and replacement batteries for the mostly esoteric phones you mentioned. I think it's wise to stick to phones with service centers in Nigeria

This is the myth with which most remain in this intellectual slavery. grin
I'm sure you're cognisant of the hassles involved in dealing with the so called "available" service centres even when solutions aren't certain.

To answer Ur question, spare parts are available through the means the so called available service centres get them.

Are we saying the service centres produce spare parts?
Or na foreign engineers dey handle these cases? sad

It's prudent to look beyond grin
Re: Do You Still Love Being Fleeced On Phones And Tablets? by Sezua(m): 3:01pm On Apr 04, 2017
What do u mean by oneplus? is that a phone brand too?
Re: Do You Still Love Being Fleeced On Phones And Tablets? by Protein0: 9:08pm On Apr 04, 2017
Sezua:

Yes.
One of the beasts in the tech world (one plus 3T) is among their flagships.

7 Likes

Re: Do You Still Love Being Fleeced On Phones And Tablets? by johnmobilezima: 9:14pm On Apr 04, 2017
I'm still using my OnePlus One since early 2015. Looking at the Midnight Black OnePlus 3T now.. cool

2 Likes

Re: Do You Still Love Being Fleeced On Phones And Tablets? by Protein0: 9:56pm On Apr 04, 2017
johnmobilezima:
I'm still using my OnePlus One since early 2015. Looking at the Midnight Black OnePlus 3T now.. cool

Well-done bro.
I'm glad you've liberated yourself earlier.

Abeg, how many times you don have the cause to search for spare parts?

Just as if the common brands' spare parts too are cheap.

But on a side note, I dey eye that one plus 3T o but lipsrsealed
Re: Do You Still Love Being Fleeced On Phones And Tablets? by johnmobilezima: 12:46pm On Apr 05, 2017
Protein0:

Well-done bro.
I'm glad you've liberated yourself earlier.

Abeg, how many times you don have the cause to search for spare parts?

Just as if the common brands' spare parts too are cheap.

But on a side note, I dey eye that one plus 3T o but lipsrsealed

I've changed my screen a few times. The parts are fairly priced and easy to find if you know where to look.
Re: Do You Still Love Being Fleeced On Phones And Tablets? by Protein0: 3:31pm On Apr 05, 2017
johnmobilezima:

I've changed my screen a few times. The parts are fairly priced and easy to find if you know where to look.

Nice one!

We all know that some phone's screens aren't replaceable cheesy

You dare not replace some replaceable ones grin
Re: Do You Still Love Being Fleeced On Phones And Tablets? by Thalamus: 3:55pm On Apr 05, 2017
@OP. U got it wrong brother. You simply cannot categorize all of those brands you listed as excellent because even among your lists some brands are better. Like how can you compare oneplus to umi. Same way you cannot compare apple or samsung to all these brands they are simply better. There is a reason they keep popping up as best. Or don't you believe in something being the best. Your argument rather should be that quality brands are simply overpriced these days. That doesn't mean these brands you mentioned are equal or better.
Re: Do You Still Love Being Fleeced On Phones And Tablets? by Thalamus: 4:13pm On Apr 05, 2017
If you felt cheated my man, then thats probably because you like majority of my fellow naija people have grown accustomed to lower quality or conditioned your mind to settle for less.
Re: Do You Still Love Being Fleeced On Phones And Tablets? by aurora777: 6:32pm On Apr 05, 2017
Huawei phones are silently part of the best.

4 Likes

Re: Do You Still Love Being Fleeced On Phones And Tablets? by tobbie247(m): 6:56pm On Apr 05, 2017
rocking my homtom ht17 since November 2016.

got it N20k

no regrets! cool

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Love Being Fleeced On Phones And Tablets? by Protein0: 8:49pm On Apr 05, 2017
Thalamus:
@OP. U got it wrong brother. You simply cannot categorize all of those brands you listed as excellent because even among your lists some brands are better. Like how can you compare oneplus to umi. Same way you cannot compare apple or samsung to all these brands they are simply better. There is a reason they keep popping up as best. Or don't you believe in something being the best. Your argument rather should be that quality brands are simply overpriced these days. That doesn't mean these brands you mentioned are equal or better.

It's obvious that you're the one getting it wrong here Chief.
Reference my expression that showed comparison sir.
By saying I can recommend them, does that mean they're all the same? Or did any of my sentences implied that? Please show me, I may not be seeing it.

Ooh! Like seriously?
Then tell me the best mobile phone brand in 2016.
I challenge you to answer this.
FYI, in the tech world, u don't compare brands. It's vague. You've to compare known models.
Do you mean all Samsung phones are better than all tecno phones?
It's glaring that you deciphered the info in that post with a biased mind.
Now, with due respect sir, kindly go over the post again, now with a neutral mind and see that my argument never ceased to be that which you think it should be. Even the topic of the thread is lucid.

Peace.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Still Love Being Fleeced On Phones And Tablets? by Protein0: 8:58pm On Apr 05, 2017
Thalamus:
If you felt cheated my man, then thats probably because you like majority of my fellow naija people have grown accustomed to lower quality or conditioned your mind to settle for less.

I laff in Swahili. grin

"Accustomed to lower quality or conditioned your mind to settle for less"

This is hilarious.
Kindly define lower quality?
If u can't kindly tell me one "quality" phone model, and yours truly will give you its contemprary, if not its boss from the above list.

This is a matter of explanation sir.
Just take up the challenge and be free from the intellectual restrictions as regards techs. Speculation, perception or thinking apart.
Re: Do You Still Love Being Fleeced On Phones And Tablets? by Protein0: 8:58pm On Apr 05, 2017
tobbie247:
rocking my homtom ht17 since November 2016.

got it N20k

no regrets! cool

Thumbs up jor.
Re: Do You Still Love Being Fleeced On Phones And Tablets? by Protein0: 8:59pm On Apr 05, 2017
aurora777:
Huawei phones are silently part of the best.

Not silently.
Huawei is a very nice brand, over priced too tho. angry

2 Likes

Re: Do You Still Love Being Fleeced On Phones And Tablets? by Protein0: 5:16pm On Apr 10, 2017
Re: Do You Still Love Being Fleeced On Phones And Tablets? by GogetterMD(m): 6:18pm On Apr 10, 2017
Lenovo Zuk Z2 for 6 months now
Helped 2 friends get Lenovo vibe p1 pro
Getting myself a Xiaomi mi5s in a few months cool
Re: Do You Still Love Being Fleeced On Phones And Tablets? by Protein0: 6:20pm On Apr 10, 2017
GogetterMD:
Lenovo Zuk Z2 for 6 months now
Helped 2 friends get Lenovo vibe p1 pro
Getting myself a Xiaomi mi5s in a few months cool

Nothing do you jor!
Thumbs up!

Some ppl still dey dash some brands their hard earned cash Sha. sad
Re: Do You Still Love Being Fleeced On Phones And Tablets? by Thalamus: 11:35pm On Apr 10, 2017
Protein0:

I laff in Swahili. grin

"Accustomed to lower quality or conditioned your mind to settle for less"

This is hilarious.
Kindly define lower quality?
If u can't kindly tell me one "quality" phone model, and yours truly will give you its contemprary, if not its boss from the above list.

This is a matter of explanation sir.
Just take up the challenge and be free from the intellectual restrictions as regards techs. Speculation, perception or thinking apart.

Let's cut to the Chase. Do you believe some phones are superior to others?
Re: Do You Still Love Being Fleeced On Phones And Tablets? by Thalamus: 11:39pm On Apr 10, 2017
Or rather ask yourself honestly. If iphone 7 or Samsung galaxy s7 edge is same price as one plus 3T or any of Those Chinese brands you are glorifying which would you go for.
Re: Do You Still Love Being Fleeced On Phones And Tablets? by donpata(m): 2:33am On Apr 11, 2017
Protein0:

This is the myth with which most remain in this intellectual slavery. grin
I'm sure you're cognisant of the hassles involved in dealing with the so called "available" service centres even when solutions aren't certain.

To answer Ur question, spare parts are available through the means the so called available service centres get them.

Are we saying the service centres produce spare parts?
Or na foreign engineers dey handle these cases? sad

It's prudent to look beyond grin

what u are talking is story bro. I bought a Bluegate phone here in naija. even with a customer care point in Lagos, I can't get a replacement for the touchscreen. Now u expect one to go for a brand that I ain't sure of getting the parts or one I will have to ship the part at almost the same price of the phone? If it's these Chinese phones, anything outside Tecno, Infinix, Gionee or Itel, I no do again. Am sure bigger brands like them xiomi, umi, one plus etc are of good quality, but quick and easy access to spares will always be a problem and even if u refuse to admit it, U know deep in thy heart it's true.
Re: Do You Still Love Being Fleeced On Phones And Tablets? by Protein0: 8:07am On Apr 11, 2017
Thalamus:

Let's cut to the Chase. Do you believe some phones are superior to others?

It definitely will not be brands bro just as u have painted it in ur previous post.

You can't say Samsung is better than tecno but Samsung **** can be better than tecno *** and vice versa depending on their specs.
Re: Do You Still Love Being Fleeced On Phones And Tablets? by Protein0: 8:13am On Apr 11, 2017
donpata:

what u are talking is story bro. I bought a Bluegate phone here in naija. even with a customer care point in Lagos, I can't get a replacement for the touchscreen. Now u expect one to go for a brand that I ain't sure of getting the parts or one I will have to ship the part at almost the same price of the phone? If it's these Chinese phones, anything outside Tecno, Infinix, Gionee or Itel, I no do again. Am sure bigger brands like them xiomi, umi, one plus etc are of good quality, but quick and easy access to spares will always be a problem and even if u refuse to admit it, U know deep in thy heart it's true.

Sorry for ur previous experiences and they're obviously affecting ur coming to terms with d reality. Allowing another experience, sweet one tho, will help a lot here.

I'm not sure bluegate was in my list. Check again sir.

My previous post already explained ur experience with bluegate. Forget about a brand having a cc centre here.

Again, my submissions were based on the practicable.

But wait o, if what I said was story, what are we going to call ur post? Lamentations? Or Epistle? cheesy grin
Re: Do You Still Love Being Fleeced On Phones And Tablets? by Protein0: 8:29am On Apr 11, 2017
Thalamus:
Or rather ask yourself honestly. If iphone 7 or Samsung galaxy s7 edge is same price as one plus 3T or any of Those Chinese brands you are glorifying which would you go for.

Are we talking of prices here ?

Like you've missed the theme of the posts.

I'm afraid I will not be replying you again unless I sense ur comprehension of the post from ur post.
Thanks for ur contributions
Re: Do You Still Love Being Fleeced On Phones And Tablets? by donpata(m): 10:42pm On Apr 11, 2017
Protein0:

Sorry for ur previous experiences and they're obviously affecting ur coming to terms with d reality. Allowing another experience, sweet one tho, will help a lot here.

I'm not sure bluegate was in my list. Check again sir.

My previous post already explained ur experience with bluegate. Forget about a brand having a cc centre here.

Again, my submissions were based on the practicable.

But wait o, if what I said was story, what are we going to call ur post? Lamentations? Or Epistle? cheesy grin

I only used my experience with Bluegate to buttress my point. I had issues with Innjoo and getting them to replace my disfuctional touchscreen was also an issue. they later fixed it though for free. I also bought Imosé too and accidentally cracked the touch. Am in Kaduna most phone care centers are in Lagos with Abuja as collection point except Carlcare and gionee. Imagine the stress of shipping a phone to Lagos just to get a part replaced. Now all those "gods" u listed up there don't even have a repair point in Nigeria.

Yes! many of them are of high quality but guy, they ain't made by God. They will one day develop issues and one major one is The touch or main screen. How will u get it replaced? Order from Aliexpress or what? what if the one sent ain't compatible with ur phone? or Dont just work on it? what will u do? ship it back? If there is a care point in Naija, I know I have to ship it to them and after replacing the part, they must test it b4 sending it back to me.

However, most of the phones u listed above are only common to some online peeps. As such, demand for their spares are low and will thus be difficult to comeby in majoy Nigerian cities except maybe Lagos. Who will I then send the phone to if it gets defective? The likes of Samsung and them lenovo are common and so are their parts. Better still are those worked on by carlcare or gionee.
Imagine u buying a car that needs overseas shipment of something as ordinary as brakepad.
Re: Do You Still Love Being Fleeced On Phones And Tablets? by Protein0: 11:36pm On Apr 11, 2017
donpata:

I only used my experience with Bluegate to buttress my point. I had issues with Innjoo and getting them to replace my disfuctional touchscreen was also an issue. they later fixed it though for free. I also bought Imosé too and accidentally cracked the touch. Am in Kaduna most phone care centers are in Lagos with Abuja as collection point except Carlcare and gionee. Imagine the stress of shipping a phone to Lagos just to get a part replaced. Now all those "gods" u listed up there don't even have a repair point in Nigeria.

Yes! many of them are of high quality but guy, they ain't made by God. They will one day develop issues and one major one is The touch or main screen. How will u get it replaced? Order from Aliexpress or what? what if the one sent ain't compatible with ur phone? or Dont just work on it? what will u do? ship it back? If there is a care point in Naija, I know I have to ship it to them and after replacing the part, they must test it b4 sending it back to me.

However, most of the phones u listed above are only common to some online peeps. As such, demand for their spares are low and will thus be difficult to comeby in majoy Nigerian cities except maybe Lagos. Who will I then send the phone to if it gets defective? The likes of Samsung and them lenovo are common and so are their parts. Better still are those worked on by carlcare or gionee.
Imagine u buying a car that needs overseas shipment of something as ordinary as brakepad.

I completely understand even beyond ur expression.
But I'm glad that none of the phones u had these experiences with was in my list. Don't you think that's a proof that I just didn't compile that list?

I repeat, Care centre presence is a scam for most brands!
Thank God a user of one of these brands commented that he had changed his screen not even once.
Getting replacement or repairs for any of the listed phones is easier than getting same for many popular brands here, those with care centres inclusive. Quote me anywhere. You just need tips.

Well, you can check out some models from the listed brands. I'm sure it'll be a nice buy. wink wink
Re: Do You Still Love Being Fleeced On Phones And Tablets? by donpata(m): 3:59am On Apr 12, 2017
Protein0:

I completely understand even beyond ur expression.
But I'm glad that none of the phones u had these experiences with was in my list. Don't you think that's a proof that I just didn't compile that list?

I repeat, Care centre presence is a scam for most brands!
Thank God a user of one of these brands commented that he had changed his screen not even once.
Getting replacement or repairs for any of the listed phones is easier than getting same for many popular brands here, those with care centres inclusive. Quote me anywhere. You just need tips.

Well, you can check out some models from the listed brands. I'm sure it'll be a nice buy. wink wink

I Dont need tips bro. u are probably in Lagos so u feel getting spares is like buying Akara. I repeat that if not for some of us online and gadjet inclined, those brands are quite unpopular especially here in the North. Even in Ibadan where I've been for a while, it's either those high end Samsung and co or Infinix and Tecno. U Dont expect me to believe that its gonna be easier to get A replacement screen for Umi ROM or Dogee x5 than that of Infinix Hot 4 anywhere in Nigeria. Its not even the issue of care centers, u can easily walk into the market and ask them for Hot note Battery or Screen. How abt walking into same shop and asking for replacement screen or Battery for Qukitel k6000?

U can't compare the ease of getting Tecno, Infinix or Itel parts with that of those brands on a general scale. I know exceptions abound but those phones u listed and keep making ref to are not being produced by God to be immune from defects. Mind u am not just hearing of those phones for the first time. Lenovo, Doogee and One plus are the commonest around here but.....

Lastly, pls educate me abt what may happen if I order a defective xiaomi. How abt getting an Umi Rome repaired under warranty?
Re: Do You Still Love Being Fleeced On Phones And Tablets? by Protein0: 9:13am On Apr 12, 2017
donpata:

I Dont need tips bro. u are probably in Lagos so u feel getting spares is like buying Akara. I repeat that if not for some of us online and gadjet inclined, those brands are quite unpopular especially here in the North. Even in Ibadan where I've been for a while, it's either those high end Samsung and co or Infinix and Tecno. U Dont expect me to believe that its gonna be easier to get A replacement screen for Umi ROM or Dogee x5 than that of Infinix Hot 4 anywhere in Nigeria. Its not even the issue of care centers, u can easily walk into the market and ask them for Hot note Battery or Screen. How abt walking into same shop and asking for replacement screen or Battery for Qukitel k6000?

U can't compare the ease of getting Tecno, Infinix or Itel parts with that of those brands on a general scale. I know exceptions abound but those phones u listed and keep making ref to are not being produced by God to be immune from defects. Mind u am not just hearing of those phones for the first time. Lenovo, Doogee and One plus are the commonest around here but.....

Lastly, pls educate me abt what may happen if I order a defective xiaomi. How abt getting an Umi Rome repaired under warranty?

grin grin
Well, I respect ur opinion and I must confess it's really nice exchanging words with you.

If you order a defective XIAOMI device, with the necessary proofs that the defects weren't caused by u, you can choose to return it or request for a refund while you keep the defective device. The latter is the practicable Sha. But let me quickly add this, Xiaomi devices are rarely delivered with defects. Xiaomi devices, if bought from the right quarters are safe. You can check the xiaomi thread for more insights.

Repairing under warranty, for any device, generally depends on the aetiology of the damage. This will also determine my answer to ur second question.
Re: Do You Still Love Being Fleeced On Phones And Tablets? by Nobody: 9:38am On Apr 12, 2017
Sezua:

Wow. Can't believe u asked that. It ain't just a brand. It's magic!
Re: Do You Still Love Being Fleeced On Phones And Tablets? by Sezua(m): 2:36pm On Apr 12, 2017
Benstino:

Wow. Can't believe u asked that. It ain't just a brand. It's magic!
Who your believe help? Bleep off!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Unlock Your Mifi ( Mtn Zte Mf920vs Router ) / Factory unlocked Samsung S21 Ultra 256gb unlocked / Tecno Mobile Phones - Get Yours Now For Cheapest Prices.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.