Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,194 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:21 AM

My Friend Got A Job Through Nairaland - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Friend Got A Job Through Nairaland (625 Views)

How I Got A Job Through Nairaland / Lady Who Just Got A Job Reveals What Happens To Her Each Time She Gets Home / How I Become A Vehicle Diagnostic Technician Through Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Friend Got A Job Through Nairaland by nenergy(m): 7:39pm On Apr 04, 2017
On my Instagram bio, i described myself as #Jumiaguy (Because I am a sales consultant with Jumia Nigeria), Sit-Down Comedian, Job-seeker, Career Blogger, Social Media Marketer and Author of The Job Seekers Creed™.

Jobseeker? Yes, because i am also still trying to get my dream job.  This means i check out online (Nairaland) job vacancies a lot, for me and also for friends who are also seeking employment.

So recently, I shared a scary job vacancy with a friend on WhatsApp. She has passion for cooking and kitchen management.

[img]https://3.bp..com/-C9Pff_txnj0/WOPaTgeTv5I/AAAAAAAABbQ/y4dbxwsWq-QOSytfEWcqTkQgaraA0pfygCEw/s1600/Dammy%2BChat%2B%25281%2529.jpg[/img]

"Are you familiar with working long hours without breaking down" didn't scare her.

Guess who is the new manager of a big restaurant in Ikorodu, Lagos?  Yes!!! She is.

Lessons:

1. Tell everyone about your job search. There is too much information out there that you will miss out on plenty, but with people looking out for you the best won't elude you.

2. Search for and apply for jobs within your locality. Employers now have "catchment areas" for prospective employees as they believe that living close to the work prevents lateness and reduces transport expense as salaries these days are low.

3. Employers still use free email services in collecting CVs. Due to the activities of fraudulent recruiters who use free e-mails, many interested job-seekers won't have applied for the job, because the recruiter used Gmail.

4. Apply for jobs you're passionate about. When you're passionate about a job, it shows from your application up to the interview. Nothing says; "I want this job" better than how you talk about it.

Congrats to her.

Source: http://www.thejobseekerscreed.com/2017/04/yes-my-friend-got-job.html

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Friend Got A Job Through Nairaland by barnabas91: 7:42pm On Apr 04, 2017
Cool and congrat to her.
many shall tap from this testimony and get their own desired job soon.

1 Like

Re: My Friend Got A Job Through Nairaland by LarryBeryl(m): 8:04pm On Apr 04, 2017
Nice one!
Re: My Friend Got A Job Through Nairaland by oluyale(m): 9:38pm On Apr 04, 2017
Isok
Re: My Friend Got A Job Through Nairaland by Emmaesty(f): 10:13pm On Apr 04, 2017
Nice one dearie...... It can only get better

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

MTN Nigeria Sacks 280 Long- Serving Workers / Scam Alert!!! Beware Of This Scammer Nairalanders!!! He Is Right By Yourside / 6 Traits Of People Who Always Get What They Want

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.