Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,001 members, 7,825,102 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:52 AM

Nigeria Man Builds Device That Stores Thunder Lightning For Electricity - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria Man Builds Device That Stores Thunder Lightning For Electricity (1053 Views)

Cement Firm Builds N11b Power Plant / Dangote Builds 200 Houses For Boko Haram Victims In Borno (Photos) / Aliko Dangote Builds N1.2bn Business School In Bayero University Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Man Builds Device That Stores Thunder Lightning For Electricity by PrinzCarter(m): 11:06pm On Apr 04, 2017
Nigerian engineer, Obayagbona Emmanuel Imafidon, has revealed that he has invented a power-generating device that can solve the problem power outage in the country. In an interview with Guardian, the graduate of Electrical Engineering from the Institute of Management and Technology in Enugu said he could generate power from thunder lightning and that he has been working on it since 2006. He said: “I have been researching on generating constant power from thunder lightning. That is using a strike of thunder lightning to generate power that can serve Nigeria and Africa for five years and 30 days. That means that whenever thunder strike for once, we are sure of uninterrupted power for five years and thirty days.

“One may think it is not possible and if it is possible why the western world has not converted lightning to electricity, but what I have developed so far is a prototype. There are five chambers including the trapping zone which is made of lightning arrestor. There is the storage zone and the conversion zone, which convert static energy into current electricity and transmit the energy into transmission zone. The transmission zones will first of all step down the power from as high as five mega volts and there are five storage zones that have the capacity of storing over 25 mega volts of power. “When it store the 25MV of power of power, the conversion zone takes one mega vote at a time, send signals to other sensory zones which shut down other sensory zones from discharging at the same time. Now the transmission zone of the power generating plant will step down the megavolt to whatever Nigerians need. “For instance, Nigeria is generating 330,000 megavolts, but my device generate 5 million volts and then give Nigerians their 330 KV and still have about 4670, 000 megavolts left as reserve. Nigerian engineer invents power-generating device to end blackout “Taking a look at the prototype, the first time I worked on it was March 10, 2006. I built this prototype with five zones- the power trapping zone, the annexing zone and in between the annexing zone, there is the sensory zone, conversion zone and transmission zone. In Nigeria, we are generating 330,000 volts. Now when thunder strikes, the trapping zone (which is made of trapping arrestor) will trap a maximum of 5 mega volts from 330mgv that comes from lightning. “Lightning comes with 330 mega volts and the trapping arrestor here is capable of trapping five million megavolts, thereby allowing 330 megavolts to be wasted in the atmosphere for other lightning arrestors to trap and neutralise the energy to the ground through a process called earthling. If you look at most masts around, you will see something like a Y-metallic shape placed on top of a building, this is called lightning arrestor. “The lightning arrestor is used to trap the power discharged from lightning and this comes with a lightning power of about 20 billion watts, while in Nigeria we are generating 2,600 megawatts of power. The voltage lightning comes along with 330 megavolts, while we are generating 330,000 megavolts.

Re: Nigeria Man Builds Device That Stores Thunder Lightning For Electricity by EbukaHades10(m): 11:31pm On Apr 04, 2017
"In twyse116's voice"Nice one
Re: Nigeria Man Builds Device That Stores Thunder Lightning For Electricity by Nobody: 11:35pm On Apr 04, 2017
PrinzCarter:
Nigerian engineer, Obayagbona Emmanuel Imafidon, has revealed that he has invented a power-generating device that can solve the problem power outage in the country. In an interview with Guardian, the graduate of Electrical Engineering from the Institute of Management and Technology in Enugu said he could generate power from thunder lightning and that he has been working on it since 2006. He said: “I have been researching on generating constant power from thunder lightning. That is using a strike of thunder lightning to generate power that can serve Nigeria and Africa for five years and 30 days. That means that whenever thunder strike for once, we are sure of uninterrupted power for five years and thirty days.

“One may think it is not possible and if it is possible why the western world has not converted lightning to electricity, but what I have developed so far is a prototype. There are five chambers including the trapping zone which is made of lightning arrestor. There is the storage zone and the conversion zone, which convert static energy into current electricity and transmit the energy into transmission zone. The transmission zones will first of all step down the power from as high as five mega volts and there are five storage zones that have the capacity of storing over 25 mega volts of power. “When it store the 25MV of power of power, the conversion zone takes one mega vote at a time, send signals to other sensory zones which shut down other sensory zones from discharging at the same time. Now the transmission zone of the power generating plant will step down the megavolt to whatever Nigerians need. “For instance, Nigeria is generating 330,000 megavolts, but my device generate 5 million volts and then give Nigerians their 330 KV and still have about 4670, 000 megavolts left as reserve. Nigerian engineer invents power-generating device to end blackout “Taking a look at the prototype, the first time I worked on it was March 10, 2006. I built this prototype with five zones- the power trapping zone, the annexing zone and in between the annexing zone, there is the sensory zone, conversion zone and transmission zone. In Nigeria, we are generating 330,000 volts. Now when thunder strikes, the trapping zone (which is made of trapping arrestor) will trap a maximum of 5 mega volts from 330mgv that comes from lightning. “Lightning comes with 330 mega volts and the trapping arrestor here is capable of trapping five million megavolts, thereby allowing 330 megavolts to be wasted in the atmosphere for other lightning arrestors to trap and neutralise the energy to the ground through a process called earthling. If you look at most masts around, you will see something like a Y-metallic shape placed on top of a building, this is called lightning arrestor. “The lightning arrestor is used to trap the power discharged from lightning and this comes with a lightning power of about 20 billion watts, while in Nigeria we are generating 2,600 megawatts of power. The voltage lightning comes along with 330 megavolts, while we are generating 330,000 megavolts.

OP, provide the link to the news so I can reach out to this inventor.
Re: Nigeria Man Builds Device That Stores Thunder Lightning For Electricity by PrinzCarter(m): 11:39pm On Apr 04, 2017
Re: Nigeria Man Builds Device That Stores Thunder Lightning For Electricity by Nobody: 11:40pm On Apr 04, 2017
Re: Nigeria Man Builds Device That Stores Thunder Lightning For Electricity by donolatunji(m): 11:44pm On Apr 04, 2017
OMG,Look at an unused talent?i feel for nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Man Builds Device That Stores Thunder Lightning For Electricity by Shiitposter: 11:45pm On Apr 04, 2017
Oh My God, if this is real then Holy smokes this guy just became the greatest inventor since Telsa.
imagine storing one billion volt from a single strike of lightening? lol it's good-bye to crude oil
Re: Nigeria Man Builds Device That Stores Thunder Lightning For Electricity by DozieInc(m): 11:59pm On Apr 04, 2017
shocked shocked
Re: Nigeria Man Builds Device That Stores Thunder Lightning For Electricity by ojmaroni247(m): 5:16am On Apr 05, 2017
This must be a joke. If it sounds too good to be True. Then its actually not true. They say charity begins at home. Give ur house the power first make we dey see am for eye.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Man Builds Device That Stores Thunder Lightning For Electricity by basisop(m): 5:27am On Apr 05, 2017
My only fear is the thunder grin

The guy should be careful because the inventor of electricity was killed by electricity. Thunder no be joke plus electric.
Re: Nigeria Man Builds Device That Stores Thunder Lightning For Electricity by Nobody: 6:09am On Apr 05, 2017
Billyonaire:

Thanks.

Do you believe this is feasible?
Re: Nigeria Man Builds Device That Stores Thunder Lightning For Electricity by Bobbyjay001(m): 6:22am On Apr 05, 2017
Is this feasible? If true, this guy will soon be "exported" to the states,UK or Asia.

(1) (Reply)

Funding Skrill Account With Naira Denominated Master/visa Card / Business Advice / Earn More Money As Others Load Cards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.