Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,476 members, 7,830,393 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:03 PM

House Of Reps Orders JAMB To Extend 2017 UTME Registration Deadline - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / House Of Reps Orders JAMB To Extend 2017 UTME Registration Deadline (418 Views)

3 Things To Do To Make Your 2017 UTME Registration Faster And Stress Free / JAMB 2017 UTME Registration Form Template – Download Free And Print / 2017 UTME Applicants: See 15 Less Competitive Federal Universities In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

House Of Reps Orders JAMB To Extend 2017 UTME Registration Deadline by ChikaMaLaKai(m): 8:33am On Apr 05, 2017
The House of Representatives has called
on the Joint Admissions and Matriculation
Board, JAMB to extend the registration
deadline for the registration of 2017
UTME.
This came after the motion raised by
Danburan Nuhu (Kano-APC).
According to Mr. Nuhu during the 2016
UTME exercise, about 1.6 million
applicants registered for the UTME and
about one million passed. He stated that
the 2017 exercise might reach 2 million
across the country given the growing
number of applicants.
He noted that some of the approved
registration centres are registering only
250 applicants at a time; most of them do
not have enough space and adequate
number of computers.
He urged JAMB to specify the
requirements including safety measures,
that approved centres need to have to
participate in the conduct of UTME
Computer Based Test and ensure to
deploy safety equipment to each centre
to forestall any incidence of stampede
due to overcrowding.
The motion was unanimously adopted by
the House and the committee on basic
education was mandated to direct JAMB
to comply with the resolutions.
The JAMB had earlier stated that it has no
plans of extending the registration
deadline but with this development, let's
watch how it all plays out.

Source: https://myschool.com.ng/school/news/52129/house-of-reps-orders-jamb-to-extend-2017-utme-registration-deadline.html
Re: House Of Reps Orders JAMB To Extend 2017 UTME Registration Deadline by Meajor(m): 8:40am On Apr 05, 2017
Hmmmmm... I tank God say na back in 2011 I write this Arab Jamb.... I dey pity pple wey dey write this year.....See queue like fillings station.

1 Like

Re: House Of Reps Orders JAMB To Extend 2017 UTME Registration Deadline by godwinstringed1(m): 8:45am On Apr 05, 2017
Please, if this moti. embarassedPlease, if this motion is implemented, does that now mean that we are no more starting Jamb on the 6th of May?

Because, if we should speculate an addition of 30 days with the April 20th deadline, I fear that Jamb might be further shifted.

We are in Nigeria. Where many sections love money.

I pray Jamb is not further extended.

1 Like

Re: House Of Reps Orders JAMB To Extend 2017 UTME Registration Deadline by godwinstringed1(m): 8:47am On Apr 05, 2017
Mods please move this to the front page.
Re: House Of Reps Orders JAMB To Extend 2017 UTME Registration Deadline by ChikaMaLaKai(m): 8:50am On Apr 05, 2017
That Prof is Very Stubborn. I don't think he will extend anything.
Re: House Of Reps Orders JAMB To Extend 2017 UTME Registration Deadline by sinaj(f): 8:57am On Apr 05, 2017
Confused set of people without empathy undecided

I just hate our leaders!!!
Re: House Of Reps Orders JAMB To Extend 2017 UTME Registration Deadline by ChikaMaLaKai(m): 8:58am On Apr 05, 2017
Fynestboi

(1) (Reply)

Is It Possible For An Intelligent Person To Fail An Exam / Jamb 2017 And Other Ills / Sebi You Want Scholarship, Oya Come And Collect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.