Stats: 3,152,728 members, 7,816,995 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

Fuel Your Creativity - Nkiru Asika | Naijapodcast - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Fuel Your Creativity - Nkiru Asika | Naijapodcast (651 Views)

Pos: Fuel Stations To Charge N50 On Product Sales From Dec 1 / Billionaire Femi Otedola Sells Forte Oil, Exits Fuel Business / From Fuel Attendant To Financial Manager, Man Shares Story (picture) (2) (3) (4)

Fuel Your Creativity - Nkiru Asika | Naijapodcast by Ajibel(m): 10:19am On Apr 05, 2017
On Episode 9 of NaijaPodcast, media personality and creative entrepreneur, Nkiru Asika, shares her experience in the creative industry in Nigeria and the keys to becoming successful!

Listen to the podcast here -> http://www.naijapodcast.com/podcasts/episode-9-fuel-your-creativity-nkiru-asika/

The show note is below:

The first time I met with Nkiru Asika was at the British Council Creative Industries Expo back in 2012 where she was one of the facilitators. You wouldn't need to be a shaman to discover her beauty and intelligence, inside out. More importantly, her passion to the growth of the Creative Industries in Nigeria is contagious. A glance through her CV shows that she knows her onions: it's garnished with stints in publishing, journalism, PR, television production, events, training and consulting in Nigeria, UK and USA.

Nkiru's professional achievements include: producing major TV projects from historical documentaries to popular reality shows like: Big Brother Nigeria, The Apprentice Africa, Dragons Den and more; she also served as the Convener of Creative Careers Fair 2010 and Forum for Financing Creative Business 2012; and co-produced Social Media Week Lagos 2013;

Nkiru also won the prestigious National Press Club of America Award in 2003 and has been recognized for her passion and contribution to the growth of the creative industry in Nigeria.

She has also been published in over 20 global publications and is a sought-after speaker on the creative industries in Africa.

Some of the questions I asked:
• Tell me about anything from your background and growing up days that prepared you for what you are doing today
• You’ve crisscrossed the media in Nigeria, UK, US, Canada and Nigeria, tell me about some of the things you’ve done
• Tell me about the early struggles—things that you did that never really flied?
• When we talk about the creative industry, what are we talking about?
• What are the opportunities for creative entrepreneurs in Nigeria, especially in a recession?
• Tell me about Enterprise Creative and what you guys do?
• From your experience training entrepreneurs and working in this space, what are the things impeding creative entrepreneurs from thriving as they should?
• How do I fund my creative business in Nigeria?
• If you were to change one thing in Nigeria, what would that be?
• What are you most grateful for in life?
• What mark would you want to leave on the sands of time?

In this episode, you will learn:
• The scope of the creative industry
• Why perseverance and not just passion will make you succeed
• Where to look at when looking for money for your creative venture
• Why you shouldn’t listen to hearsay when looking for opportunities
• Why recession cannot affect the creative industry
• Why the rise of populism and seclutionism will not affect collaboration in the creative industries.

If you run a recurring business model, don’t forget to check out Amplify and sign up for their efficient solution today.

Keep getting better like old wine and keep representing Naija!

www.naijapodcast.com

Hot Sales Hot Sales At Yaba Yaba Ojuelegba (pix) / Ikeja Power Company Hotlines For Falling Poles And Faulty Wires / Stamp Duty Charges On Your Bank Account - What Can You Do To Stop It?