Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,360 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:28 PM

How To Rescue Your PC From Ransomware - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Rescue Your PC From Ransomware (1080 Views)

How To Protect Your Computer & Phones From Ransomware / How Can I Upgrade My Pc From Window Vista To 8? / Get A Meal + Movie Ticket When You Purchase An Intel Powered PC From Chuxel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Rescue Your PC From Ransomware by adejohn1998(m): 11:55am On Apr 05, 2017
With  nasty malware like Locky making the rounds—encrypting its victims’ files, and then refusing to unlock them unless you pay up—ransomware is a serious headache. But not all ransomware is so difficult.
You can remove many ransomware viruses without losing your files, but with some variants that isn’t the case. In the past I’ve discussed general steps for removing malware and viruses, but you need to apply some specific tips and tricks for ransomware. The process varies and depends on the type of invader. Some procedures involve a simple virus scan, while others require offline scans and advanced recovery of your files. I categorize ransomware into three varieties: scareware, lock-screen viruses, and the really nasty stuff.

Scareware

An example of a fake antivirus app. 
The simplest type of ransomware, aka scareware, consists of bogus antivirus or clean-up tools that 

claim they’ve detected umpteen issues, and demand that you pay in order to fix them. Some specimens of this variety of ransomware may allow you to use your PC but bombard you with alerts and pop-ups, while others might prevent you from running any programs at all. Typically these invaders are the easiest type of ransomware to remove.
Lock-screen viruses

The Kovter ransomware locks down your computer, displaying a fake notice claiming to be from several government authorities. 
Next is the ransomware variety I call lock-screen viruses, which don’t allow you to use your PC in any way. They display a full-size window after Windows starts up—usually with an FBI or Department of Justice logo—saying that you violated the law and that you must pay a fine... For more info on this post kindly visit
http://www.jaakinyemi.com/2017/04/how-to-rescue-your-pc-from-ransomware_5.html?m=1
Re: How To Rescue Your PC From Ransomware by seunlayi(m): 11:57am On Apr 05, 2017
thanks op for sharing this valuable info

1 Like

Re: How To Rescue Your PC From Ransomware by devintristan: 1:34pm On May 22, 2020
Ransomware is one of the worst things that could happen to your PC. Learning everything about ransomware recovery in G Suite can be very beneficial for you and your data that needs protection. I linked an article here, which can be a great help for you.

(1) (Reply)

old / HP Elite Book 8470p Core I5 For Sell / Uk Used Sony Vaio (intel Core I3, 8gb Ram, 750gb Hdd, Dvd Rom, Webcam)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.