Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,218 members, 7,818,754 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

Between Piggery And Fishery - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Between Piggery And Fishery (1611 Views)

Governor Obaseki To Invest In Piggery And Maize Farming / Before You Venture Into Piggery, Read This!!! / A Trip To The Biggest Pig Farm In Africa – Oke Aro Piggery Farm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between Piggery And Fishery by jendy36(m): 12:12pm On Apr 05, 2017
Hi farmers in the house. Between piggery and fishery, which would you choose considering the one that has a lesser risk and MORE reward on investment.

cc Robonski
excelsiorfarm
lagbaja
eazeefix
Re: Between Piggery And Fishery by julibaba: 3:13pm On Apr 05, 2017
Life itself is a risk, follow your passion or better still integrate the two aspect of farming, Pig poo can generate maggot as feed for your fish. But plain truth is get your hands soiled by learning the nitty-gritty for about 6 month or more from practical farmers not Internet farmers. Irrespective of our rich you might knowledge is far better than naira

1 Like

Re: Between Piggery And Fishery by excelsiorfarm(m): 8:18pm On Apr 05, 2017
jendy36:
Hi farmers in the house. Between piggery and fishery, which would you choose considering the one that has a lesser risk and MORE reward on investment.

cc Robonski
excelsiorfarm
lagbaja
eazeefix
first,your location could influence decision also. Any business done should be around its market,except you are large scale farmer. Both are lucrative, i definitely go for fish because there are many areas to profit from & less smell,believe. Though i always tell people that piggery is like money ritual if you get your management & investment right. Had some experiences on farms with it. For risk,pigs dont die anyhow under good care & the issue of cannibalism can be prevented under good construction of separating the mother from new born.Before getting pretty excited,ask yourself which of this Options will you not loss passion for inspite of maybe cross roads & challenges.Money isn't the push here,both can be planned to make income monthly/bimonthly overtime.Piglets etc

1 Like

Re: Between Piggery And Fishery by excelsiorfarm(m): 8:28pm On Apr 05, 2017
julibaba:
Life itself is a risk, follow your passion or better still integrate the two aspect of farming, Pig poo can generate maggot as feed for your fish. But plain truth is get your hands soiled by learning the nitty-gritty for about 6 month or more from practical farmers not Internet farmers. Irrespective of our rich you might knowledge is far better than naira
from the little i know, those he mentioned are farmers & have given practical training to thousands over the years. You dont need any 6 months training to start one, not even in songhai farm
Re: Between Piggery And Fishery by jendy36(m): 8:35pm On Apr 05, 2017
Thanks bosses. More comments from.the monikers mentioned will be appreciated
Re: Between Piggery And Fishery by jendy36(m): 2:33pm On Apr 06, 2017
excelsiorfarm:
first,your location could influence decision also. Any business done should be around its market,except you are large scale farmer. Both are lucrative, i definitely go for fish because there are many areas to profit from & less smell,believe. Though i always tell people that piggery is like money ritual if you get your management & investment right. Had some experiences on farms with it. For risk,pigs dont die anyhow under good care & the issue of cannibalism can be prevented under good construction of separating the mother from new born.Before getting pretty excited,ask yourself which of this Options will you not loss passion for inspite of maybe cross roads & challenges.Money isn't the push here,both can be planned to make income monthly/bimonthly overtime.Piglets etc

Pls do you know the average cost on raising a pig and the margin per pig?
Re: Between Piggery And Fishery by excelsiorfarm(m): 4:50pm On Apr 09, 2017
jendy36:

Pls do you know the average cost on raising a pig and the margin per pig?
depends on breed & purpose,is it for meat or multiplication. Pure breed is expensive, common ones could be gotten for 5-7k per piglets. Hybrids exceeds 25k,depending on farm etc. For feeding,depends on how much you can improvise for alternatives. Pkc,brewery waste,boiled cassava are still reasonably cheap, but remember what you feed influences output. Good you build shelter for them. Given definite cost differs. And if you start,i could search my phone & give you phone numbers of those that deal with pig feeds in ibadan. Dont pay Anything until you see your feed. Not my endorsement,so need to personally verify.
Re: Between Piggery And Fishery by julibaba: 5:16pm On Apr 09, 2017
excelsiorfarm:
from the little i know, those he mentioned are farmers & have given practical training to thousands over the years. You dont need any 6 months training to start one, not even in songhai farm

Uhmmm, I can inform you categorically that no online training will show you one on one experience, when I comes to farming human management is the major issue, sales is another major issue, breeding, feeding, biosecurity, middle men palava, theft, outbreak, transportation, proximity, experience etc. Moreover in agriculture you just have to pay the price cause you will definitely learn in the hard way if you neglect the candid advice of farmers that have been practising before you. Food for thought; kindly ask any suspenseful farmers how they climb the latter of success, only then you are ready for farming. My one kobo....
Re: Between Piggery And Fishery by julibaba: 5:19pm On Apr 09, 2017
julibaba:

Uhmmm, I can inform you categorically that no online training will show you one on one experience, when I comes to farming human management is the major issue, sales is another major issue, breeding, feeding, biosecurity, middle men palava, theft, outbreak, transportation, proximity, experience etc. Moreover in agriculture you just have to pay the price cause you will definitely learn in the hard way if you neglect the candid advice of farmers that have been practising before you. Food for thought; kindly ask any suspenseful farmers how they climb the latter of success, only then you are ready for farming. My one kobo....

Pls kindly mind the construction of words. Na Agbe dey worry me
Re: Between Piggery And Fishery by excelsiorfarm(m): 6:59pm On Apr 09, 2017
julibaba:

Uhmmm, I can inform you categorically that no online training will show you one on one experience,when I comes to farming human management is the major issue, sales is another major issue, breeding,feeding, biosecurity,middle men palava,theft, outbreak, transportation, proximity, experience etc.Moreover in agriculture you just have to pay the price cause you will definitely learn in the hard way if you neglect the candid advice of farmers that have been practising before you. Food for thought; kindly ask any suspenseful farmers how they climb the latter of success, only then you are ready for farming.My one kobo....
sorry to say i dont need your one kobo.Of no use sir. Neither do i need to ask any because i can direct u to people that had enjoy practicals from me & those mentioned in post above.And not a newbie in agriculture. from east,north,south & west,the Grace of God had taken me. Even on this laudable forum.Internet always Make all look dsame.God Bless
Re: Between Piggery And Fishery by excelsiorfarm(m): 7:09pm On Apr 09, 2017
julibaba:

Pls kindly mind the construction of words. Na Agbe dey worry me
no problem,i have being one for over 17years. Experience counts
Re: Between Piggery And Fishery by julibaba: 7:44pm On Apr 09, 2017
excelsiorfarm:
sorry to say i dont need your one kobo.Of no use sir. Neither do i need to ask any because i can direct u to people that had enjoy practicals from me & those mentioned in post above.And not a newbie in agriculture. from east,north,south & west,the Grace of God had taken me. Even on this laudable forum.Internet always Make all look dsame.God Bless

My advice was actually directed to the person that seek for people's opinion regarding fishery and piggery.
Quite appreciate your wealth of experiences, and know am not worthy to advice a farmer with 17 years of experience like you. Cheers and onelove
Re: Between Piggery And Fishery by excelsiorfarm(m): 8:37pm On Apr 09, 2017
julibaba:

My advice was actually directed to the person that seek for people's opinion regarding fishery and piggery.
Quite appreciate your wealth of experiences, and know am not worthy to advice a farmer with 17 years of experience like you. Cheers and onelove
everyone is worthy by Grace. I never cease to learn more,irrespective of the person bro. God Bless
Re: Between Piggery And Fishery by jendy36(m): 7:15am On Apr 10, 2017
excelsiorfarm:
depends on breed & purpose,is it for meat or multiplication. Pure breed is expensive, common ones could be gotten for 5-7k per piglets. Hybrids exceeds 25k,depending on farm etc. For feeding,depends on how much you can improvise for alternatives. Pkc,brewery waste,boiled cassava are still reasonably cheap, but remember what you feed influences output. Good you build shelter for them. Given definite cost differs. And if you start,i could search my phone & give you phone numbers of those that deal with pig feeds in ibadan. Dont pay Anything until you see your feed. Not my endorsement,so need to personally verify.

Wow such a good man
Re: Between Piggery And Fishery by excelsiorfarm(m): 7:17am On Apr 10, 2017
jendy36:

Wow such a good man
God is Good.

(1) (Reply)

How To Start Profitable Snail Farming In Nigeria / Layers (point Of Lay) For Sale / Chinese Are Going Gaga For Nigerian Donkeys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.