Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,998 members, 7,817,947 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

Ancestry Quest - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ancestry Quest (655 Views)

Photo Evidence Of Oreri (ora-eri)People Of Anambra State Being Igala By Ancestry / Americans/Canadians Of Igbo Ancestry Storm Anambra, Get Igbo Names, Land / Eze Chukwuemeka Eri With African Americans Of Igbo Ancestry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ancestry Quest by Mafdet(f): 9:46am On Apr 06, 2017
[color=#770077][/color]Hi Nairaland. I've been reading the forums on here for years and I really enjoy the content. I have a question that is asked frequently by other Africans in America. I have been working on finding things about my ancestry on both my maternal and paternal side. So far I have more info on my paternal side. The are desendants of Louisiana Creoles (part European part African). My paternal Grandmother has said we have a ancestor from Liberia and that one of my great great aunts had a Nigerian husband. Could you look at my features and give me an assessment based on what you all see? Much love❤✊

Re: Ancestry Quest by Nobody: 1:52pm On Apr 06, 2017
Not that easy to tell.

But your distinguishing features puts you alongside various tribes inhabiting regions in East and Central Africa. May be Southern Africa too.

2 Likes

Re: Ancestry Quest by Mafdet(f): 3:11pm On Apr 06, 2017
Wow. I've been told I have East Africans features, but statistically it doesn't make sense. Louisiana had slaves from West Africa as did most of North/South America
Re: Ancestry Quest by Laird(m): 10:36am On Apr 07, 2017
@ Mafdet
Get a DNA test of Origin done...It is done in the USA

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

This Could Be The Real Reason Oba Of Lagos Snubbed Ooni Of Ife (see Photos) / Akiolu: Benin Monarch Came To Lagos Territories, Fought And Conquered / An Account Of Biafra: We Saw People Dropping Dead In The Streets!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.