Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

What Farouk Preached - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / What Farouk Preached (2274 Views)

Mood In Funtua,katsina State Country Home Abdul Farouk's Family Is Sad / A Muslim Nairalander Responds To Farouk's Problems: What Do You Think? / Delta Airline Bomber Is Umar Farouk A Nigerian Student In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Farouk Preached by Jarus(m): 3:44pm On Dec 28, 2009
Culled from Daily Trust: http://www.news.dailytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=11786:what-faruk-preached-by-kaduna-friends&catid=46:lead-stories&Itemid=140
The alleged airplane bomber Malam Faruk Umaru Mutallab’s short career as an Islamic preacher did not give any indication that he could carry out a violent act because he concentrated all his preaching on normal religious topics, a young associate of the Mutallab family told Daily Trust yesterday. The young associate went to school with Faruk and knew him intimately.

According to him, a preaching session is organised every week at Little Scholars, a nursery and primary school located off Kaduna’s popular Rabah Road, close to the late General Hassan Usman Katsina’s house. Although the school itself does not organise the preaching session, it lends its assembly hall for the purpose. Several persons take turns to preach at the school, the source said, and on several occasions late last year and early this year, Faruk Mutallab also did some preaching there.

The associate said he remembered Faruk once giving a long talk of the importance of Muslim women covering themselves with the hijab, or veil. On another occasion, he said, Faruk preached about the importance of fasting during the Muslim holy month of Ramadan. On yet another occasion that he was present, the source said dwelt knowledgeably about the meaning of Suratul Ahad, the 63th chapter of the holy Qur’an. The source said at no time in his preaching did Faruk ever dwell on political topics or gave any indication that violent action was justifiable. He said the session is attended by many people from the middle-class houses all around; he saw Faruk’s own mother at two of the sessions where her son spoke, he said.

Another associate in Kaduna who knew the alleged bomber described him as reclusive, saying Faruk Mutallab had very few friends and mostly kept to himself. The associate, who schooled with Faruk in London, said while in Britain, Faruk refused to exchange greetings with women, and usually moved away when his friends stopped on the way to exchange greetings with women. Whenever women greeted him, the associate said, Faruk will bow his head slightly in acknowledgement but would never shake hands with them.

Yet another associate, who knew Faruk Mutallab at the British School in Lome, Togo, said he spent the money given to him by his wealthy father mostly on religious books. Besides books, he said, Faruk bought little else, and he usually had alot of money to spare when they came home for the holidays, which money he often took straight back to his father.

Faruk had left Nigeria earlier this year to study for a Masters degree in Dubai, but two months ago, he left Dubai for Yemen, saying he wanted to improve his Arabic. But once there, he called family members to say he didn’t want any links with them again and then switched off the phone and destroyed the SIM card. It was at that point that Mutallab Senior informed American Embassy officials in Abuja that his son presented a security risk. The family did not even know that Faruk sneaked back into Lagos on Christmas Eve, from where he took the KLM flight to Amsterdam and thence to Detroit.

Tears almost flowed from my eyes as I read this article. Here is a young man, born with silver spoon, given the best of education, but a poor understanding of the religion or overzealousness led him into bringing shame to his family, country and religion.

Sincerely, I would have admired the boy if he did no more than what was written up there, as it is very rare and indeed Allah's blessing for a young man born with silverspoon to end up a preacher, rather that becoming one spoilt brat that womanize around as is the case with most children of the rich, but it's a great pity he overdid the thing and went to the extreme. It's a great pity. Haba, Farouk. Suicide bombing has no place in Islam. It's a great pity. A case of exaggerated piety.
Re: What Farouk Preached by Nobody: 4:10pm On Dec 28, 2009
Jarus:

Culled from Daily Trust: http://www.news.dailytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=11786:what-faruk-preached-by-kaduna-friends&catid=46:lead-stories&Itemid=140

Tears almost flowed from my eyes as I read this article. Here is a young man, born with silver spoon, given the best of education, but a poor understanding of the religion or overzealousness led him into bringing shame to his family, country and religion.

Sincerely, I would have admired the boy if he did no more than what was written up there, as it is very rare and indeed Allah's blessing for a young man born with silverspoon to end up a preacher, rather that becoming one spoilt brat that womanize around as is the case with most children of the rich, but it's a great pity he overdid the thing and went to the extreme. It's a great pity. Haba, Farouk. Suicide bombing has no place in Islam. It's a great pity. A case of exaggerated piety.

this is what i said About brainwashing. Farouk was told some lies that made him want to kill him self and others.Pls try to inculcate more teachings on tolerance and peace to up coming young muslims so that they do not get easily brainwashed by terrorist to do evil and cause havoc to creatures of God. May God save his soul
Re: What Farouk Preached by JShark: 4:43pm On Dec 28, 2009
It's quite unfortunate that the spoilt aboki has dealt a serious blow to MADAM AKUNYILI'S REBRANDING campain. I must also commend the Good Nigerian in his father.
Re: What Farouk Preached by SisiKill1: 5:53pm On Dec 28, 2009
He was brainwashed, anyone who knows him will tell you that. Yes, he had rigid islamic views and this is what made vulnerable to al queda.
Re: What Farouk Preached by Nobody: 6:05pm On Dec 28, 2009
the father should borrow a leaf from muslims in other countries and have his children followed wherever they go. At least some people do that to prevent their kids being overly influenced by Christianity.

and even now people get tagged and stalked for various trumped up reasons including when they're being targetted by 419 scammers or pseudo-security agents.

too bad the boy has already crossed the rubicon
Re: What Farouk Preached by papagiddy(m): 6:20pm On Dec 28, 2009
one thing is certain here, he is a good Muslim. and am not surprise for this behavior. all Muslims are terrorist. including American Muslims
Re: What Farouk Preached by Nobody: 10:32pm On Dec 28, 2009
Jarus:

@ Jarus

I am inspired by your courage as a muslim to say the truth for what it is. . .
Re: What Farouk Preached by olabowale(m): 11:24pm On Dec 28, 2009
@papagiddy: All Christians are adulterers. Does that accurately describe people of Christendom? If it does not, then the same is the situation of your silly and dishonest terrorist broad stroke of all Muslims.

His father though did a poor fathering job, and his mother even worse since she is more responsible for nurturing, at least reported his uncertain, but complete change of personality!

If my son is exhibiting a strange persona, it is my responsibility to call him out, sit him down and get into it with him, preventing him from evil and bringing shame on my family. There is something called tough love; people should not be afraid to practice it!
Re: What Farouk Preached by Nobody: 1:07am On Dec 29, 2009
^^ what if you're the one exhibiting a strange persona?
Re: What Farouk Preached by sleek29(m): 9:02am On Dec 29, 2009
oga olabs, just stop with this your religious arguments, condemn his actions as its totally insane, you should acknowledge the fact that islam needs reforms if not things like this will continue, at least we know that this kind of action has a backing in islam.
Re: What Farouk Preached by muhsin(m): 10:45am On Dec 29, 2009
sleek29:

oga olabs, just stop with this your religious arguments, condemn his actions as its totally insane, you should acknowledge the fact that islam needs reforms if not things like this will continue, at least we know that this kind of action has a backing in islam.

Islam needs no reform. But if you say some Muslims need I can agree.

The noble Prophet clearly warned Muslims not to be extreme in religion. He says: "Destroyed are those who are extreme (in religion)".

May Allah, the Exalted, guide us to the right path, amin.
Re: What Farouk Preached by jaybee3(m): 10:57am On Dec 29, 2009
olabowale:

His father though did a poor fathering job, and his mother even worse since she is more responsible for nurturing, at least reported his uncertain, but complete change of personality!

What would you have done differently when it's obvious this guy is an adult, doesn't live at home and even more worrying stopped communication. How do you correct or train someone that's miles away?

olabowale:

If my son is exhibiting a strange persona, it is my responsibility to call him out, sit him down and get into it with him, preventing him from evil and bringing shame on my family. There is something called tough love; people should not be afraid to practice it!
I do believe the father did the best he could have done for the child. Compare the numbers of rich men in Nigeria that will prefer to shower money on fornication rather than quality education for their wards?
He gave him the best of both worlds (western education and probably Islamic upbringing which is evidence from Jarus's post)

It takes God's divine intervention for one to be able to separate the truth from farce in relation to religion.
Re: What Farouk Preached by muhsin(m): 2:04pm On Dec 29, 2009
jay bee:

What would you have done differently when it's obvious this guy is an adult, doesn't live at home and even more worrying stopped communication. How do you correct or train someone that's miles away?
I do believe the father did the best he could have done for the child. Compare the numbers of rich men in Nigeria that will prefer to shower money on fornication rather than quality education for their wards?
He gave him the best of both worlds (western education and probably Islamic upbringing which is evidence from Jarus's post)

It takes God's divine intervention for one to be able to separate the truth from farce in relation to religion.

Well said. May God guide us to the right path.
Re: What Farouk Preached by AbuZola3(m): 2:13am On Dec 30, 2009
I wanna go elusive off topic,

what Farouk preached is if U.S don't stop supporting the terrorism of Israel even a cockroach will attempt another 9/11
Re: What Farouk Preached by Nobody: 8:05am On Dec 30, 2009
What else can we read from u abu zola rather than to twist issues d jihad line,thats d only thing u know.Even jarus a moderator&other reasonable moslems didnt view it blindly.U ve started again.Exit door is still opened,if not careful
Re: What Farouk Preached by deols(f): 9:10am On Dec 30, 2009
A part of my heart bleeds for Farouq. He had it all. Education, money and most importantly Islam. Added to these is his good looks, the kind you call innocent. The unfortunate thing is his association with the wrong group.

Alhamdulillah he didnt succeed in this. I hope he gets outta ds reformed with so much repentance.
Re: What Farouk Preached by Jarus(m): 9:40am On Dec 30, 2009
deols:

A part of my heart bleeds for Farouq. He had it all. Education, money and most importantly Islam. Added to these is his good looks, the kind you call innocent. The unfortunate thing is his association with the wrong group.

Alhamdulillah he didnt succeed in this. I hope he gets outta ds reformed with so much repentance.
Exactly. I read his internet posts on Facebook and Islamic Forum Site and he came across as a young man that tried to uphold his deen, but overzealousness or wrong association led him to teh extreme. What a pity, Farouk!
Re: What Farouk Preached by No2Atheism(m): 11:28pm On Dec 31, 2009
Abu Zola:

I wanna go elusive off topic,

what Farouk preached is if U.S don't stop supporting the terrorism of Israel even a cockroach will attempt another 9/11

and RaidTM would be used on the cockroach . . .  grin grin grin
Re: What Farouk Preached by AbuZola3(m): 11:34pm On Dec 31, 2009
Na you talk am
Re: What Farouk Preached by deols(f): 1:01pm On Jan 01, 2010
No2Atheism:

and RaidTM would be used on the cockroach . . . grin grin grin

If the american intelligence is smart enof to detect it comn
Re: What Farouk Preached by Nezan(m): 12:30pm On Jan 07, 2010
There is a great deal of misunderstanding in Islam. While the moderates will tell you that islam is a religion of peace, the messages contained in the koran are good breeding manual for wannabe terrorists.
Re: What Farouk Preached by muhsin(m): 12:44pm On Jan 07, 2010
Nezan:

There is a great deal of misunderstanding in Islam. While the moderates will tell you that islam is a religion of peace, the messages contained in the koran are good breeding manual for wannabe terrorists.

I supposed you mean misinterpretations. And nothing is immune of that, not even religious scriptures. For a typical example, the issue of tithing in your religion. You know it!
Re: What Farouk Preached by thetruth2(m): 3:38pm On Jan 07, 2010
olabowale:
All Christians are adulterers.

Olabowale can you define the term Adulterer ?

A good christian is not an adulterer, but all muslims are. Polygamy is adultery. Nearly all muslims practice polygamy even when there is no need for it.

Marriage was God's institution right from the beginning, so Muhammed have no right to tell anyone to marry four wives.
Re: What Farouk Preached by thetruth2(m): 3:44pm On Jan 07, 2010
@poster :

At this point, there are two classes of muslims.

We have the liberal muslims. Judging by Islamic standards, liberal muslims are bad muslims and are referred to as kufir. Also the Shia (muslim minority)  are referred to Kufir.

We also have conservative muslims or the fundamentalist muslims. They are the Jihadist. Who hold very strong Islamic beliefs. They are the suicide bombers. All suicide bombers or Islamic militants are excellent muslims. So Islam is not a religion of peace.

Wealthy and educated Muslims such as Farouk’s father in Nigeria to the Saudi and Jordanian royals, who know and understand the Quran, secretly support the Jihadist and Wahhabism both morally and financially, while they only oppose those who threaten them politically or financially.

Respectable Islamic governments and scholars need to do a better job of condemning Jihadist attacks openly and start teaching peace not only when they visit America or in English, people like king Abdullah of Jordan need to stop using the Israeli-Palestinian conflict as the reason Islamic Jihadist are popping up, rather than an interpretation of the Quran written in black and white. The lay down dead attitude of the United Kingdom has not reduced Jihadism in London, nor did the heralded friendly Egypt speech of President Obama change any Jihadist heart in America or in Yemen. Saudi royals need to stop pretending to be America’s friend, while they promote Wahhabism at home
Re: What Farouk Preached by muhsin(m): 4:03pm On Jan 07, 2010
the_truth:

Olabowale can you define the term Adulterer ?

A good christian is not an adulterer, but all muslims are. Polygamy is adultery. Nearly all muslims practice polygamy even when there is no need for it.

Marriage was God's institution right from the beginning, so Muhammed have no right to tell anyone to marry four wives.

Let me take you to a little ride, the_truth

1- Is it only Islam that allows multiple wives in the world religions?

2- Is it only Muhammad, may Allah exalt his mention, that practiced polygamy and command his followers to do the same among God's messengers?

3- In all, is polygamy mentioned in your Bible?

And the other issue (i.e. adultery) is between you and Olabowale.
Re: What Farouk Preached by Nezan(m): 4:21pm On Jan 07, 2010
muhsin:

I supposed you mean misinterpretations. And nothing is immune of that, not even religious scriptures. For a typical example, the issue of tithing in your religion. You know it!

I meant what I said, BTW, how can you compare terrorism to tithing? You should have compared tithing to zakkat, because terrorism in islam has no parallel in Christendom.
Re: What Farouk Preached by thetruth2(m): 4:23pm On Jan 07, 2010
muhsin:

2- Is it only Muhammad, may Allah exalt his mention, that practiced polygamy and command his followers to do the same among God's messengers?

(1) It is not only Islam that permits polygamy. Our forefathers practises polygamy

(2) It is not only Muhammed

(3) God’s Word teaches:

That Marriage is binding for life. Monogamy is the uniform teaching of the Bible. Polygamy is contrary to God’s perfect will and institution. Also, under the New Testament dispensation, no one has a right to divorce and remarry while the first companion lives.
Re: What Farouk Preached by muhsin(m): 5:08pm On Jan 07, 2010
Nezan:

I meant what I said, BTW, how can you compare terrorism to tithing? You should have compared tithing to zakkat, because terrorism in islam has no parallel in Christendom.

Please don't be a simpleton, Nezan.

There is a clear difference between misunderstanding and misinterpretation.

Secondly, when I mentioned tithing, ain't comparing it with "terrorism" but with the kind of misinterpretations that araise in religious scriptures.

Please re-read my reply. Thanks
Re: What Farouk Preached by muhsin(m): 5:14pm On Jan 07, 2010
the_truth:

(1) It is not only Islam that permits polygamy. Our forefathers practises polygamy

(2) It is not only Muhammed

(3) God’s Word teaches:

That Marriage is binding for life. Monogamy is the uniform teaching of the Bible. Polygamy is contrary to God’s perfect will and institution. Also, under the New Testament dispensation, no one has a right to divorce and remarry while the first companion lives.

Then considering what you (yourself) have written above, why do you have problem with it (polygamy)? Isn't it an obvious foolhardiness?

Let us reason, man.
Re: What Farouk Preached by Nobody: 6:17am On Jan 10, 2010
muhsin:

Mohammed started polygamy after becoming a widower and after 25 years of a monogamous marriage. Does that tell you anything?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Christian Woman Faces Death For Insulting Islam / Did The Quran Come Down As A Complete Book? / Wahhabism Exposed!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.