Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,597 members, 7,851,019 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:17 PM

Broilers Feeding Question - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Broilers Feeding Question (618 Views)

Pig Feeds And Feeding. / Reduce Your Pigs Cost Of Feeding By More Than 40% With This. / Grasses And Shrubs For Feeding Rabbits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Broilers Feeding Question by chrisj2(m): 6:43pm On Apr 06, 2017
Dear house,

What is the general thought on limiting feeding for Broilers?

Is it just kobo-wise naira foolish?

This issue has arisen mainly because buyers have disappointed (could a deliberate ploy to bring price down) and Cash flow is now an issue...

My partner has decided that we ration the feed - something like feeding them at 65-70 %; basically two meals instead of three on an equivalent for humans.

The initial thought was to sell at 6 weeks but now into the 8th week, we still have a lot to shift. We also started a new batch - money is tight...

We are now looking at the Easter holiday sales but with limiting feeding, I suspect only 25% might achieve target market weight of about 2.5 kg.

Dilemma!
Re: Broilers Feeding Question by ajigiteri(m): 6:49pm On Apr 06, 2017
Pls how do I formulate feed for my birds what's the formulas I am tired of buying expensive ready made feeds
Re: Broilers Feeding Question by chrisj2(m): 8:10pm On Apr 06, 2017
ajigiteri:
Pls how do I formulate feed for my birds what's the formulas I am tired of buying expensive ready made feeds

I think the folks at the feed shop might be able to help. Of course, it depends on the type of birds and stage of development or life. My partner does all that but the feed mill he goes to is very accommodating and they store his past formulas and help him based on what they have in stock.

Do a search here - there has been posts on the topic
Re: Broilers Feeding Question by ajigiteri(m): 2:47pm On Apr 07, 2017
chrisj2:

I think the folks at the feed shop might be able to help. Of course, it depends on the type of birds and stage of development or life. My partner does all that but the feed mill he goes to is very accommodating and they store his past formulas and help him based on what they have in stock.

Do a search here - there has been posts on the topic
Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Soybean Oil Production Line Introduction / I Need Seedling Tray Of 200 Cells For My Tomatoes Seedling. Where Can I Buy / Cashew Nut Per Mudu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.