Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

The Ultimate Advice For Every 20 Year Old And Fresh Graduates - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Ultimate Advice For Every 20 Year Old And Fresh Graduates (648 Views)

What Is The Salary Scale For Fresh Graduates In The Ministry Of Foreign Affairs? / I Earn More Than Most University Graduates – Tricyclist Says / See The Officer Who Broke 20 Year Old Record At Armed Forces Command College (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Ultimate Advice For Every 20 Year Old And Fresh Graduates by 3mmanhu3l(m): 7:31pm On Apr 06, 2017
During the filming of #AskGaryVee Show 244, Taylor, a 22 year old fresh out of college, phoned in for advice on how she can build a business. What followed was one of the most important pieces of advice I have recorded and is applicable to almost all my community, but definitely to young people across the world between 20–30 years old. Here is how the call with Taylor played out word for word:

Phone Ringing…
Taylor: Hello?

Gary: Hey Taylor, it’s GaryVee. You’re on The #AskGaryVee Show.

Taylor: No way!

Gary: Yes way.

Taylor: Holy crap! Okay.

Gary: Where you from?

Taylor: Yeah, sweet. I’m from Buffalo, New York.

Gary: I love it, are you a Bills fan?

(Taylor sighs) Taylor: Unfortunately yes.

Gary: I know you said unfortunately ’cause you’re trying..

Taylor: We’re not doing good.

Gary: Well listen, neither are the Jets, don’t worry. So what’s going on?

(Taylor laughs) Taylor: Nothing much. I basically was just dying to ask you a question. Currently graduated college last May and I’m trying to build my own business, brand, hustle, all that kinda stuff and my question for you is, and I’m probably sure that a lot of people ask this —

Gary: It’s okay.

Taylor: The same things.

Gary: It’s okay.

Taylor: How do you get over the stump of you’re graduating, and you feel all this pressure ’cause you’re trying to build something but you’re still so young. But you wanna do the stuff and grow it big. I’m just in a rut and I can’t get out of it. But I have a hustle and a drive that I know I’ll be able to build something. But I’m just in this space that’s not allowing me to.

Gary: I know where you’re at. Let me help you. The space you’re in is probably the macro, micro issue. So it’s macro patience, micro speed, right?

Taylor: Yeah.

Gary: What do I mean by that? You need to be patient as fvck, Taylor. You’re , 22-23years-old. Like what do you think’s gonna happen overnight?

Taylor: Yeah, I know.

Gary: You need to be fast. 7A.M. to two in the morning every day. But in the big picture, you need to realize nothing good is gonna happen for the next six years.

Taylor: Okay. Do you think that I should just try every good idea that I think I have and just go for it all out? Or do you think I should stick with one thing at a time?

Gary: I think the fact that you even asked that question, that you should taste flirting with a lot of different things because you’ll be crippled by the what if if you don’t. Even though that’s not the perfect formula to build the biggest short term wealth because you should triple down on one thing instead of being half pregnant on nine.

Taylor: Okay, I like that.

Gary: Taylor, let me tell you something. Let me ask you, the pressure, who do you? Like are you trying to prove to yourself, to your siblings, to your parents, to the world? Who are you trying to prove that you’re successful to, or that this was the right call, or you’re gonna make it?
That’s what you have to figure out.

TIme and space will not permit me to continue... Read more at http://iworkfornobody..com/2017/04/advice-for-every-twenty-year-old.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: The Ultimate Advice For Every 20 Year Old And Fresh Graduates by Emarizi(m): 10:41pm On Apr 06, 2017
Stuff is really awesome man...good info 3mmanhu3l.
Re: The Ultimate Advice For Every 20 Year Old And Fresh Graduates by 3mmanhu3l(m): 11:15pm On Apr 06, 2017
Emarizi:
Stuff is really awesome man...good info 3mmanhu3l.
it changed my perspective on a couple of things......
Re: The Ultimate Advice For Every 20 Year Old And Fresh Graduates by Chydobe: 5:51pm On Jul 21, 2017
list of easy start businesses for fresh graduates in Nigeria

http://www.newzified.com/5-business-startups-nigerian-fresh-graduates/

(1) (Reply)

It Is Wrong To Address A Judge As My Lord / H / Data Scientist: The Sexiest Job Of The 21st Century!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.