Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,987 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:18 PM

My Experience At A JAMB Registration Center And Observations About The Process - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Experience At A JAMB Registration Center And Observations About The Process (496 Views)

2019 JAMB Registration: Lagos, Kaduna & Abuja Recorded Highest Candidates So Far / JAMB Registration Portal For The 2017 UTME Is Now Open. / JAMB Registration Begins: List Of CBT Centres For 2017 Registration/guidelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Experience At A JAMB Registration Center And Observations About The Process by TopWinner(m): 10:26am On Apr 07, 2017
Voila. I registered successfully on Tuesday this week. I didn't spend up to 3hrs at the Registration Center at Unique UniBright Int'l School, #152 Faulks Road, Aba. My process was hastened because I had the necessary information before embarking on the journey from Port Harcourt to Abia. The centers in Rivers State are just four, you can only imagine the teeming population at each of these four centers daily, I had to go do it in Abia, where they have 11 Registration Centers. I had created my profile far back in February - as soon as JAMB said we could create our profiles on their website. And then, before arriving Aba, I used my Google Map and located the closest JAMB-approved Bank in that environ, vended my pin for 5,500 naira and headed to the Registration Center. I got there and saw a handful of intending Jambites that didn't have any info on the JAMB processes this year; some didn't know they had to create profiles first before taking any further step, some didn't have e-mail addresses (lol, I have 3 different e-mail addresses so I was shocked to find out a teenager or an educated adult in this 21st Century didn't have one), some didn't even know how much they had to pay. Then, without spending more than 10mins there, one of the JAMB Agents came to ask me if I had vended my pin, I nodded in the affirmative; she said I should hang on for 30 mins before I would be called in after giving the new novel, "In Dependence".

I waited for close to an hour, then I got called in. I was registered successfully and was told I can leave. I asked for the print-out of my E-slip and the agent said they had a problem with their printer and so they can't print. I didn't panic because I knew JAMB would send my E-Slip as an e-mail to me later on - which was sent later that day.
That was it! I had successfully registered for the 2017 UTME.

My Observations:

1. While I was being registered, I noticed you won't be needing any passports during the process, as you would be captured live via webcam at the point of registration.

2. You'd need your WASSCE Exam Number (if you've sat for the exam), exam year and your subject grades.

3. JAMB Agents at the Bank and the Registration Centers need just your e-mail address, they don't need your passwords, don't let anyone defraud you.

4. If you don't go to the bank to vend your pin by yourself, you'd be charged an extra 800 naira by JAMB Agents at Registration Centers, .i.e. you'd be paying the total sum of N7,000 to at the Registration Center, instead of the total sum of N6,200 (5,500 at the bank and 700 at the Registration Center).

5. I didn't see the option of where to notify that you intend to write the mock exams. I didn't want to write the Mock Exams so I didn't ask any questions about that.

6. You can choose TWO federal universities. The first one can be ANY federal university while the second can be chosen from any of the 12 federal universities JAMB published on their Twitter page.

7. The 'so-called' JAMB Accredited Registration Center didn't have half the facilities some cyber cafes and ICT Centers have in my area (Port Harcourt). They had just four agents doing the registration and there were only four laptops there. My point is; what criterion or criteria does JAMB use to approve these Registration Centers?

IMPORTANT: Before you proceed to the Registration Center, create your JAMB profile and go to any of the JAMB approved banks to vend your pin. Plus create your profile by yourself or meet someone, just make sure your details while creating your profile are correct.

Good luck to all of us writing JAMB this year.
Re: My Experience At A JAMB Registration Center And Observations About The Process by horlahsunbo225(m): 12:08pm On Apr 07, 2017
Ftc

(1) (Reply)

Check JAMB Mock Exam Center Allocation Online For Free- Click Here / Jamb Is Advised To Set Uniform Cut Off Mark For All Jambites. / Top 10 State In Nigeria With Highest Jamb Registered Candidate [photo]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.