Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,430 members, 7,815,972 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:35 PM

Learn About Temptations - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Learn About Temptations (300 Views)

Sexual Temptations And The Movie Industry / The Usefulness And Importance Of Trials And Temptations / The Mystery Behind Sexual Temptations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Learn About Temptations by christainslove: 8:42pm On Apr 07, 2017
God love

I heard people say on TV ‘God loves you very much’
The bible says faith come by hearing and hearing by the word of God
You have to claim the word of God with faith. Hebrews 4:12 -For the word of God is quick,and powerful,and sharper than any twoedged sword,piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit,and of the joints and marrow,and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
You can be sitting in your room and thinking of your problems and gloomy thoughts would come. God doesn’t love me, Satan puts in your thoughts.
It is a temptation from the devil. Jesus Christ resisted temptation in the garden by speaking the word of God. The bible says -Resist the devil and he would flee from you. The sword of the spirit in our battle armour is the word of God.
Tell yourself- God loves humanity so much that he gave his only begotten son to die for us

Say it with faith. You have to believe it for it to work. Then the temptation would flee.

How to make Heaven
I watched a video of a vision where Jesus said to pray for salvation. Christians were asking for other things they wanted maybe a car, house but the most important thing is salvation.
Matthew 6:33 -But seek ye first the Kingdom of God,and his righteousness;and all these things shall be added unto you.
Even after praying, I worried a lot about whether I would make heaven. God word says Philippians 4:6-Be careful for nothing;but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
God can help you if you are also worried. Not by might,nor by power,but by my spirit,saith the Lord of hosts

The bible says-by strength shall no man prevail
This means we can’t make heaven by ourselves but need the help of God.
Jesus Christ said it is not all who call me Lord Lord that shall enter into the Kingdom of heaven but those who do the will of my father in heaven.
This means not all Christians who call Jesus Lord will make it but only those who do the will of God.
Ask and you will receive God says in his Word. It means you can ask for God grace to do the will of the father in heaven. Grace according to the dictionary,is the unmerited favor of God towards mankind . Philippians 2:13-For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. This means it is God who helps us do his will.

And do you know what? God word says- We believers can pray for anything we want as long as it is in accordance to his will. We can ask for provision, true love, success in our work, and the most important the grace to make heaven.

Persistence leads to success. It is a wise saying and all wisdom comes from God. Persistence means to keep trying. Don’t give up.
It is said that if you take an axe to a tree and hit it 5 times a day, one day it would fall. Persistence pays.
However if one way isn’t working out, try another. Don’t foolishly keep trying the same way over and over again.
There are lots of things we can persist on like learning to play the piano or winning the heart of the one you like.
Do you feel like giving up? Tell yourself “Fighting”. You can do it.
Satan of course would try to make you give up on your goal (he is the one behind it) –Resist him with-I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Always try. It is better to try and fail than not to try at all. I once read that not all writers who sit and write are writing good fiction. They could be writing rubbish. But a friend told me that when someone cooks soup you should first say well-done, because of the effort they put in. So,we should congratulate everyone that works including those writers for their hard work and advice them to learn from the experts in their field eg tips like Showing not telling for writers to make their work better.
Just keep working, no matter how bad it seems because the Bible says-In all labour there is profit.

Faith
God helped me to ask for the faith of a mustard seed. Jesus said that if you have faith as a mustard seed you can move mountains. You can ask for it yourself, too.
Without faith it is impossible to please God as he that comes to him must believe that he is and that he is a rewarder of those who diligently seek him.
The bible says that if you ask God something in accordance to his will, he will grant it. All good things come from God
Psalm 37:4-Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart.
Let’s ask God for the desire of our heart-
In Jesus name-Heavenly father, thank you. Please grant us the desires of our heart in Jesus name Amen.
Satan will try constantly to plant doubt and fear into your mind so you won’t believe and receive.
Psalm 119:11-Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.
Resist Satan whenever he brings doubt and fear with the word of God –By Praying that God should help your unbelief.
God word and prayer to God help us not to sin against God.
Do you know the common saying-In a multitude of witness there is wisdom
This helps me listen to advice from good sources and repeat to popular sayings like Patience is a virtue.
Satan tempts us to not wait for God- Resist with Hebrews 6:12 That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises.
God is everywhere Acts 17:27- God did this so that they would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from any one of us

In a multitude of counsellors there is safety

Dreams can come true. I heard a saying if dream were horses even beggars would fly. This is obviously from Satan. But the true saying is if you can dream it, you can achieve it.

It is said that – Watch your Thoughts, they become Words, Watch your Words, they become Actions, Watch your Actions, they become Character, watch your Character they become Destiny

Everyone has dreams. I myself had a
dream to write novels but I procrastinated a lot. Because of this, I failed and became depressed.
But God helped me. Proverbs 11:14- Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellers there is safety

So, I now listen to common sayings. Wisdom comes from God.
The mind is a battlefield as bad thoughts are coming from Satan.We are fighting against demons.
Satan (a demon you can’t see) tempts you to delay working-Resist with-Time waits for no one.
Satan tempts you to rush-Resist with-Slow and steady wins the race
Satan tempts you to leave work early-Resist with Patience is a virtue.
Satan tempts you to waste time-Resist with-Tick Tick Tick Tick says the clock, what you want to do better do it quick.
Do it quick because the graveyard is full of people who never accomplished their dreams because they procrastinated.
Satan tempts you to go to Facebook first thing in the morning-You resist with-Do your most important tasks first in a day
You tell your girlfriend you love her but you don’t do anything for her-You resist with-Actions speak louder than words.
Someone can even know you love them by your actions alone without you telling them.
Satan tempts you to neg a girl-You resist with-Love is kind
Satan tempts you to delay your work till the next day(Satan can come every day to do this)- Resist with-Don’t leave till tomorrow what you can do today
Satan tempts you to give up on your dreams-Resist with-If you can dream it, you can achieve it.
Satan tempts you to be afraid of a big project-Resist with- Little drops of water make a mighty ocean
You can always do a little work (a little drop) each day to complete a long project. How do you eat an apple. By taking a bite at a time. Start early
Satan tempts you not to start your important project at all-Resist him with-A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Start the project and then continue working on it because a journey of a thousand miles lessens with another step.
Satan tempts you to be loose and not to wait for true love-You resist with-Good things come to those who wait.
Satan tempts you not to love others-You resist with the common saying-Treat others as you want to be treated.
Satan tempts you not to believe things commonly said- You resist with-The truth speaks for itself.
Satan tempts you to procrastinate obeying all God commandments- You resist with- Procrastination is the killer of dreams.
Some people may procrastinate repenting of all their sins until they are dying but if you procrastinate, you might miss heaven
The bible says-Resist the devil and he will flee from you

Temptations
You could be sitting in a room thinking negative thoughts. There are spiritual forces at war that try to influence our minds with all sorts of evil thoughts. We are at war.
The bible says Ephesians 6:12-For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
You could be in your room and Satan will send you a dart of depression. The Word of God tells us to give thanks no matter what.
Start giving thanks and the devil will flee.
You could be facing hard times and thinking of committing suicide-You may resist Satan (the unseen demon tempting you) with going out instead and helping others.
If you don’t resist and instead commit suicide, then you are a murderer because your body, soul and spirit is not yours but God. So if you kill yourself, you have destroyed something that belongs to God. God created everyone.
Murderers shall not inherit the Kingdom of heaven but you can repent from even thinking about suicide and be saved.
So help others by doing good deeds like spreading the gospel on the internet or elsewhere. When you help others, you get happier and your mood will lift. This is something commonly said and every good thing comes from God including wisdom
I know that if you focus on helping others, God will help you because his Word says Blessed are the merciful for they shall obtain mercy
Satan can also make you worry as the world is full of trouble- Resist him with prayer and thanksgiving as the Philippians 4:6 says-Be careful for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
Supplication is the action of asking or begging for something earnestly or humbly.
Satan can also tempt you to over-eat. Be careful as being fat will make you feel uncomfortable and unattractive.
Satan tempts you to eat very large portions of food(he can come to do this every day till you die)-Resist him with-The bible says-Everything in moderation
Always be sober, be vigilant for Satan, the worst enemy humanity can have, is moving around like those roaring lions in National Geographic wild, looking for souls to take to hell.
But don’t worry, for the Lion of the tribe of Judah will save us

DEMONS
Demons try to plant evil thoughts in our mind constantly. They are tempting everyone. 1 Peter 5:8 says Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
You can be attacked by more than one temptation at once. Satan can tempt you with depression then since you are depressed he can then tempt you to eat too much.
Another example is that he can tempt you to be slothful and then since you are idle, he will then tempt you watch immoral videos all day
Resist Satan temptation to be idle with-an idle mind is the devil workshop
He may tempt you with lack of confidence that you won’t do well in your work and then when you are failing add the temptation to give up as well.
Resist Satan Temptation to give up with-Winners never quit
Resist Satan many temptations with- No weapon fashioned against me shall prosper.

(1) (Reply)

Where And How Did You Celebrated You Easter Sunday ? / 6 Reasons Why Guns Need To Be Banned / III The Eight Logical Inferences That Prove

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.