Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,600 members, 7,816,492 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:54 AM

I Am Now Afraid Of Phcn (nepa) - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / I Am Now Afraid Of Phcn (nepa) (882 Views)

See The State Of PHCN Pole In Ojodu, Lagos (Photos) / Rate The Performance Of PHCN In Your Area In A 1-5 Scale / PHCN/NEPA Electricity Supply: Any Difference? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Now Afraid Of Phcn (nepa) by sfiea: 9:47am On Dec 29, 2009
Are they on strike that I am not aware of and they forgot to switch off power as usual?

I came back on Wednesday, 23rd Dec 09, prepared for the worst PHCN experience this holiday.
Armed with an inverter that can last me up to 48hrs (after charge and depending on load), a gen set and enough petrol bought at a crazy price cos of scarcity.

BUT

I think after their boss got tired of playing with the switch as usual and gave us power finally for the day i.e evening Thursday the 24th of Dec 09,
ever since, I have been waiting for their crab eyes to blink, alas, am the one with a tired and an aching eyes.

Though I am very much afraid, still no martial music or news of the death of an important person that could determine total black out forever or steady power forever, when no man is GOD.

That aside, I only want to use this medium to commend them (PHCN/NEPA), maybe they will forever forget to leave the switch on, who knows.

Fifth day and still counting. . . shocked

How is it at your end? Me just wondering.

P.S. Please don't ask me where I reside. tongue
Re: I Am Now Afraid Of Phcn (nepa) by sfiea: 10:28am On Dec 29, 2009
Had I known, I won't have written this write up.
They've just taken Power.
Re: I Am Now Afraid Of Phcn (nepa) by sfiea: 10:29am On Dec 29, 2009
Power is back oooo
not up to 20 secs shocked shocked shocked
Re: I Am Now Afraid Of Phcn (nepa) by iice(f): 12:10pm On Dec 29, 2009
[b]P[/b]lease [b]H[/b]old [b]C[/b]andle [b]N[/b]ow cheesy
Re: I Am Now Afraid Of Phcn (nepa) by dani1luv: 12:44pm On Dec 29, 2009
^^Confirmed. .
Re: I Am Now Afraid Of Phcn (nepa) by prenny(m): 3:27pm On Dec 29, 2009
Pallly, na thesame thing here oooooo. From 2 hrs a day to like average of 12 hr
This is infact INCREDIBLE,
KUDOS TO NEPA sorrryyy PHCNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
Re: I Am Now Afraid Of Phcn (nepa) by sfiea: 8:29pm On Dec 29, 2009
uhmmm!!! why did I talk about PHCN?

Power outage since 6pm, I think the x-mas holiday is over.
Maybe we wait for the New Year period for another "power gift" , lol
Re: I Am Now Afraid Of Phcn (nepa) by AbuZola3(m): 1:55am On Dec 30, 2009
Here too
Re: I Am Now Afraid Of Phcn (nepa) by aieromon(m): 2:44am On Dec 30, 2009
i think they've stepped up their game.i stay in an area in lagos which suffers from epileptic power supply but since the end of the U-17 tournament,power supply has been consistent.
Maybe this 6000MW thing is not a scam as thought.
Re: I Am Now Afraid Of Phcn (nepa) by sfiea: 3:34pm On Dec 30, 2009
Power came back 10pm yesterday,
stayed all night and was taken 2 Pm today.

I sincerely think PHCN is changing for the better
Re: I Am Now Afraid Of Phcn (nepa) by jugz(f): 8:01pm On Dec 30, 2009
well, d whole PHCN stuff isn't new to me o. Where i stay, they start givin u frequent power supply from the 20th of dat very month till d 1st of d next month

(1) (Reply)

"what About Us" Presidential Debate Stream Live Now! / Have You Ever Been On The Front Page? / End Of The World Prophecies, Will The World Come To An End By May 21 2011

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.