Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,956 members, 7,817,811 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:09 PM

Vintage Benz Left To Rot - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Vintage Benz Left To Rot (1381 Views)

Vintage Cars On The Street Of Lagos During Independence Day Drive (photos) / Thousands Of Cars Including Rolls-Royce & Lambo Rot In Supercar Graveyard In UAE / See The Vintage Car Queen Elizabeth Rode When She Visited Nigeria In 1956 - Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vintage Benz Left To Rot by TPound(m): 8:04am On Apr 08, 2017
I was at a mechanic workshop in yaba yesterday to effect some repairs on my car. sitting in a corner was this Vintage Benz which is being left to rot. I don't think the owner knows the true value of this car because if he did,he won't let it rot there.

Re: Vintage Benz Left To Rot by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:13am On Apr 08, 2017
this should be sent to owode.

Cc egunmogaji
Re: Vintage Benz Left To Rot by chukwuibuipob: 8:17am On Apr 08, 2017
The owner sure knw the value but when he nor get money to put it on track,wetin he go do?

1 Like

Re: Vintage Benz Left To Rot by onyii255(m): 8:31am On Apr 08, 2017
You for negotiate to buy am naaa.. Am sure u would get it very cheap..
Re: Vintage Benz Left To Rot by mili3kid(m): 11:54am On Apr 08, 2017
onyii255:
You for negotiate to buy am naaa.. Am sure u would get it very cheap..
but what about d cost of putting it bak on d road?
Re: Vintage Benz Left To Rot by Somatic(m): 4:09pm On Apr 08, 2017
This is what happens when vintage car gives vintage owner vintage problems.
Re: Vintage Benz Left To Rot by Nobody: 5:28pm On Apr 08, 2017
GAZZUZZ:
this should be sent to owode.

Cc egunmogaji

I would still buy it though.

There should be some eBay worthy parts that can be pillaged for sale. After all, they don't make them anymore grin

Those idiots that are always driving go-karts and claiming made in Nigeria, this is what they should be restoring and selling back to Germany.

2 Likes

Re: Vintage Benz Left To Rot by Nobody: 5:36pm On Apr 08, 2017
The front bumper alone is about $500 which is N200,000, that's just one part and a simple one at that. Engine nko, dashboard, doors, windows, glass.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/221606798499?lpid=82&chn=ps&ul_noapp=true

Unemployed NYSC stop looking for work and be your own employer.

Go buy/lease a plot of land, setup eBay shop, buy tools, source exotic cars across the country.

People like Gazzuzz and co can simply call you that they need X part (I need alternator for 2010 Big Mummy, or seat slider for 2013 Beginning of Meeting) grin

Yours is not repairing cars but dismantling them for sale.

I don talk my own.

Re: Vintage Benz Left To Rot by Lexusgs430: 5:43pm On Apr 08, 2017
Make una contact Sinator Dinosaur or Guvnor Osokomole 1, irunmole ton je fried rice. They might be willing to restore it (after all they have the funds) $650 for a common bumper, is like 5 kobo to them........
Re: Vintage Benz Left To Rot by Originalsly: 5:44pm On Apr 08, 2017
TPound:
I don't think the owner knows the true value of this car because if he did,he won't let it rot there.
I don't think you know the true value of this car because if you did you would buy it for next to nothing and part it out.... original parts for this car would sell for a fortune since they are rare and vintage car owners have to pay dearly to fabricate the parts.

1 Like

Re: Vintage Benz Left To Rot by Nobody: 6:57pm On Apr 08, 2017
I regret selling mine

That pimping red interior ehn. I already envisioned myself in a white love-vendor suit with a feathered hat grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Vintage Benz Left To Rot by HBola(m): 2:34am On Apr 09, 2017
EgunMogaji:
The front bumper alone is about $500 which is N200,000, that's just one part and a simple one at that. Engine nko, dashboard, doors, windows, glass.

Go buy/lease a plot of land, setup eBay shop, buy tools, source exotic cars across the country.

People like Gazzuzz and co can simply call you that they need X part (I need alternator for 2010 Big Mummy, or seat slider for 2013 Beginning of Meeting) grin

I don talk my own.

The restoration of this will no doubt be expensive but our people suffer from lack of disposable income. This is something I'd like to purchase and restomod with lots of modern and more powerful drivetrains components in it with chassis reinforcement to compensate for the kind of power it'll have. It'll disgrace newer vehicles that will want to challenge me on the road. It'll be the ultimate sleeper and a total beast underneath. As nice as all those sound, I can't afford it.

Edit.
Drivetrain idea: ls2 v8 with T56 Tremec 6 speed tranny.
Might also consider turbo changing or supercharging it depending on the driving dynamics after the initial installation.
Other things like custom mounts and brackets for fitting the drivetrain might be an issue trying to find a good fabricator.
Re: Vintage Benz Left To Rot by Nobody: 2:47am On Apr 09, 2017
HBola:

The restoration of this will no doubt be expensive but our people suffer from lack of disposable income. This is something I'd like to purchase and restomod with lots of modern and more powerful drivetrains components in it with chassis reinforcement to compensate for the kind of power it'll have. It'll disgrace newer vehicles that will want to challenge me on the road. It'll be the ultimate sleeper and a total beast underneath. As nice as all those sound, I can't afford it.

I somewhat disagree but quite understand where you're coming from.

There's money in Nigeria though but it's seemingly pooled in certain quarters.

I mean I haven't seen a Rolls Royce this year in Southern California but I saw at least 2 or 3 in January/February in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Vintage Benz Left To Rot by HBola(m): 2:53am On Apr 09, 2017
EgunMogaji:

I somewhat disagree but quite understand where you're coming from.

There's money in Nigeria though but it's seemingly pooled in certain quarters.

I mean I haven't seen a Rolls Royce this year in Southern California but I saw at least 2 or 3 in January/February in Nigeria.

I understand this. I meant the wealth doesn't trickle down for the masses to have more money to play around with pursuing their hobbies and acting out fantasies. Average Nigerian na hustle guy. The environment is tough and unencouraging but we're forging through.
Re: Vintage Benz Left To Rot by SmartchoicesNG: 5:36pm On Apr 09, 2017
EgunMogaji:

I don talk my own.

(1) (Reply)

BMW X3, 2004 Model. / This Wheel Can Survive All The Potholes In Nigeria / How Much Does Honda Bullet Gearbox & Fuel Pump Cost Now?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.