Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,846 members, 7,810,260 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:18 AM

A Homemade Cardboard Rc Airplane (saintsmart) - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / A Homemade Cardboard Rc Airplane (saintsmart) (7923 Views)

Yahya Usman Ahmad Constructs Airplane Model With Local Materials. Photos / Arduino Uno And Rc Airplane/helicopter Parts For Sale / RC Cars, Drones And Planes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Homemade Cardboard Rc Airplane (saintsmart) by victorigwe: 12:42pm On Apr 08, 2017
Hello every one, my name is victorigwe, i will be teaching you how to make a carboard airplane from scratch build, at ur home it will not cost you up to $50, is true this is my second plane and it work well, dont mind the design, u can make a better one, if you follow this step,' my first plane that i build, was a balsa wood plane, but i distroy it cause it was heavey, and i can't make an airfoild shap with wood, then i deside to build it with carboard.

1 Like

Re: A Homemade Cardboard Rc Airplane (saintsmart) by victorigwe: 12:47pm On Apr 08, 2017
step1: the body
cut out any shape u want to use for ur plane, 40cm or 36cm long and 7cm wide inside, and duplicate with it, to form a room for ur housing parts.

Re: A Homemade Cardboard Rc Airplane (saintsmart) by victorigwe: 12:52pm On Apr 08, 2017
step 2: installing ur rudder and elevetor.
ur elevetor should be 12cm * 4.5 +4.5 and wite is 3.5cm, note in a triangle form, your rudder should be 10cm +2.2 and 11cm at the yaw.

Re: A Homemade Cardboard Rc Airplane (saintsmart) by victorigwe: 1:05pm On Apr 08, 2017
step3: wing
I made my plane wing in a flat airfoild shap, install the shap in an open carborad of 30cm long and 14 cm wide, add the airfoild shap(using tarod wood or join carton by 3) in the open carton and fold it with a eposy gum, add you aileron's (flaparon's), they are 12 cm each, they help ur plane to roll.

Re: A Homemade Cardboard Rc Airplane (saintsmart) by victorigwe: 1:27pm On Apr 08, 2017
step4:wheel's
This one will be funny, i use my mum's travelling bag whel's, two is ok, get wheel holder e.g shaft and hold the wheel to the body, from ground to the motor point is 4inch, i for get were you motor should be add a wood there in a quear shape and a desipline wood to hold it, make a pillar's using carton to hold the bodie's together.

Re: A Homemade Cardboard Rc Airplane (saintsmart) by victorigwe: 1:38pm On Apr 08, 2017
step5: lern airfoil wing's
There are many airfoild shap, flat bottom the one am using, symmetrical, semi-symmetrical etc, In rc plane it isn't absolutely necessay for the wing to have airfoil shape to fly, the flat wing can generate lift if it is in clined, upward into the air, Some lift will be generated by air going over the top of the wing, while a lot of lift will come from air being deflected off the bottom of the wing.

Re: A Homemade Cardboard Rc Airplane (saintsmart) by Leopantro: 1:44pm On Apr 08, 2017
following

1 Like

Re: A Homemade Cardboard Rc Airplane (saintsmart) by victorigwe: 2:00pm On Apr 08, 2017
step6: kite
Kite is a bird, a kite has no airfoil, but it stay's in the air because the wing deflects off of the kite's body, the kite strings keep the kite angled into the wind so that the deflected wing will hold it up, and kite fly with the angle of attack.

Re: A Homemade Cardboard Rc Airplane (saintsmart) by victorigwe: 2:12pm On Apr 08, 2017
step7: high wing traner
Now that you plane has stand, it is ready for installation, note: there will be two tiny long iron's that u will add it help to hold ur wing by robber band, so that u can change your battery etc, next is that you will map out ur centre gravity (cg), and point of lift, balance your plane from there.

Re: A Homemade Cardboard Rc Airplane (saintsmart) by victorigwe: 2:38pm On Apr 08, 2017
step 8: electronics
Now we install,, i use 1000kv brushless motor and 30a esc, i use lithium ion battery, for long flight interval, 11.1v 5000mah 3p3s if you can understand, i pack it my self and make the charger, but lithium polyma is more powerfull than lithium ion, but the time is shot, add you battery at ur cg, motor to esc, esc to battery, esc long wire to receiver (throttle), i use four servo, two servo for ailerons using servo Y cable, gose to ail in your rx(receiver), one servo to rudder, gose to rudd in ur rx, and elevator to elev, and you are done, add ur prop as well.

1 Like

Re: A Homemade Cardboard Rc Airplane (saintsmart) by victorigwe: 2:50pm On Apr 08, 2017
step9: balancing
After intalling every thing, is now balancing it, why balancing make sure that the nose is more heaver than the tail as the picture show, if tail is heavey add weight on the front, any thing can serve just use ur brain, the nose should not be tomuch haever, look at the hand that's the cg...

Re: A Homemade Cardboard Rc Airplane (saintsmart) by victorigwe: 3:28pm On Apr 08, 2017
step 10: finish
H a v e a s a v e f l i g h t , h o p e u u n d e r s t a n d s o m e t h i n g , i w i l l b e w a i t i n g f o r y o u r q u e s t i o n , h a v e a n i c e b u i l t , t h a n k y o u f o r r e a d i n g a n d t h a n k m e f o r p o s t i n g , t h a n k G o d f or w is d o m .

1 Share

Re: A Homemade Cardboard Rc Airplane (saintsmart) by tdayof(m): 5:06pm On Apr 08, 2017
Nice try.

1 Like

Re: A Homemade Cardboard Rc Airplane (saintsmart) by Nobody: 6:01pm On Apr 08, 2017
Good stuff dear

1 Like

Re: A Homemade Cardboard Rc Airplane (saintsmart) by victorigwe: 10:25pm On Apr 09, 2017
here is some tip of vedio, soon i shall send the flight vedio..

Re: A Homemade Cardboard Rc Airplane (saintsmart) by victorigwe: 10:29pm On Apr 09, 2017
thank u.
Re: A Homemade Cardboard Rc Airplane (saintsmart) by victorigwe: 10:33pm On Apr 09, 2017
My elevator and rudde built, elevator here produce our pitch and the rudder here produce our yaw by the help of dihedral effect or dihedral force.

Re: A Homemade Cardboard Rc Airplane (saintsmart) by victorigwe: 12:43am On Apr 11, 2017
wing

Re: A Homemade Cardboard Rc Airplane (saintsmart) by Yemmyteespeed007(m): 10:31am On Apr 12, 2017
nice one. It's good to be creative

2 Likes

Re: A Homemade Cardboard Rc Airplane (saintsmart) by victorigwe: 1:43pm On Apr 12, 2017
some will be asking how will i fly this if i finish it? Here is some tip on how to fly plane,
Best airplane for a beginner is
High wing trainers
Learn how to
Fly, by victor can fly,

How plane turn
Ailerons control the roll of the plane about it's longitudinal axis;
Left + up / right + down causes the plane to roll left and right
right + up/ left + down make plane to roll right
If plane have no rudder , left or right + up banked turn
FMS simulator. Can also help is cheap.

learning to fly rc plane is best done on a trainer airplane.. These are planes that have a certain built-in design characteristics to make them nice and stable in the air.
The biggest giveaway is the fuselage. If the wing sits on top of the fuselage then there,s a good chance that the plane is indeed a trainer, like this one i build is a trainer,
Another is using alieron and rudder to make a banking ture easy i just lern that e.g right alieron + left rudder and left alieron + right rudder.

Re: A Homemade Cardboard Rc Airplane (saintsmart) by victorigwe: 1:50pm On Apr 12, 2017
how it move, u must lern the movement of an rc plane, chennel 1 elevator ch2 alieron ch3 throttle ch4 rudder, in other way round (ch1 pitch) (ch2 roll) (ch3 thrust) (ch4 yaw).

Re: A Homemade Cardboard Rc Airplane (saintsmart) by victorigwe: 2:04pm On Apr 12, 2017
rc plane respond mainly on 4 kind of force, this force help them in many way, xaerodynamic force they are 1. Lift, 2. Thrust, 3. Gravity or weight, 4. Drag, in one word they are calll xaerodynamic force that guard a plane.

Re: A Homemade Cardboard Rc Airplane (saintsmart) by victorigwe: 7:49pm On Apr 12, 2017
any question
Re: A Homemade Cardboard Rc Airplane (saintsmart) by victorigwe: 1:27pm On May 04, 2017
How to install servo on your plane, here am using 4 pec of servo 2 for ailerons 1 for rudder and 1 for elevator, some people love to use 2 through out.

Re: A Homemade Cardboard Rc Airplane (saintsmart) by victorigwe: 1:32pm On May 04, 2017
Here I first install servo on rudder before the elevator, they are the drag force, u must study it very well.

Re: A Homemade Cardboard Rc Airplane (saintsmart) by victorigwe: 1:58pm On May 04, 2017

Re: A Homemade Cardboard Rc Airplane (saintsmart) by victorigwe: 2:22pm On May 04, 2017
tiny rod.

Re: A Homemade Cardboard Rc Airplane (saintsmart) by victorigwe: 2:34pm On May 04, 2017
the rod is bend in a ''V'' shape C o n n e c t .
Re: A Homemade Cardboard Rc Airplane (saintsmart) by victorigwe: 8:06pm On May 04, 2017
Before hooking.

Re: A Homemade Cardboard Rc Airplane (saintsmart) by victorigwe: 8:13pm On May 04, 2017
Do so on elevator .

Re: A Homemade Cardboard Rc Airplane (saintsmart) by victorigwe: 8:08am On May 05, 2017
how to add ailerons servo, I put them close to each other and keep there flap opposite.

Re: A Homemade Cardboard Rc Airplane (saintsmart) by victorigwe: 8:12am On May 05, 2017
look close to this image.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Cosmological and Philosophical Forum / How To Activate Glo Oga Sim Data Bonus | Grab 3.5gb For #1000 Now / Mystery Tree That 'bears Fruit In The Shape Of WOMEN' Found Growing In Thailand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.