Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,855 members, 7,817,530 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:51 PM

Naked I Came... And Naked I Shall Return. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Naked I Came... And Naked I Shall Return. (372 Views)

When I Come In My Glory, I Shall Reward Every Man According To His Works - Jesus / Then They That Were In The Ship Came And Worshipped Him / "For I Rejoiced Greatly, When The Brethren Came And (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Naked I Came... And Naked I Shall Return. by newbornmacho(m): 9:13pm On Apr 08, 2017
Naked I came... and naked I shall return. Job 1.21

As we progress and move forward gradually but steadily towards the great and last day of the Lord, God engages all men , but especially his own, in a physical, spiritual and mental deconstruction of sorts . Even our major growth and advance as Christians is essentially the sensitive , systematic disarticulation of the man of earth that we have become , with the operation of the holy spirit reducing and leading us in a humble descent down into our last remaining genuine denominators. One by one we will lose everything that is not really and truly and purely us. ..."Zion shall be redeemed with judgement and her converts with righteousness."We lose our deceitful excuses, our crafty alibis, our concealed conceit, our headstrong presumptuousness, Then our bodies, our strength and our beauty which will all fade as a leaf.
God is determined that by the time we appear before him ,we are stripped down to the most fundamental molecules of human reality. This preparation is necessary for the heart to heart talk that the perfect judgment of God entails. God it would appear, would have us left with no more than is necessary for an honest presentation of the account of our life. In the absence of fleshly wisdom , We will be equipped with an astonishingly comprehensive brutality with truth as we appraise our own work and render our own defence. "We shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ."
God would also have all see how that all his judgments are truth. He would permit us in plain sight the opportunity to radiate the genuineness of our repentance and faith as he peels back layer after layer of whatever we have used to cover our unclothedness and our reality; all are peeled away, beginning now, year after year as we approach the day, ensuring that we are eventually left incapable of anything but the most honest presentation of the record of our lives, in language simplified down to the very rudimentary speech form of heart communication. There will be left nothing to hide, and nowhere to hide , naked we came and naked we shall return.
But this is an appointment we may prepare for with joy, since it is your father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom! for whatever else we may be, if we are truly his, when all the layers of life are peeled back and away , we believe he will see Jesus, in us , our only stake in all this, and our only hope of glory.
We can only await and prepare for that day, but as far as this matter is concerned , it is appointed unto men once to die and after death judgement. Quite simply.
So , Quickly , How can we cooperate with this crucial work of the spirit?
-LET him circumcise us!, yea though he slay me yet will I trust him. All the days of my appointed time will I wait until my change come.

-Confess your sins one to another and pray one for another.
-If one compels you to go with him a mile go twain.
-Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away
-Though riches increase put not your hope in them....etc

The holy book is full of these types of practical wisdom profitable to direct , and we honestly do well to pay heed.

And then we have the good fortune of the intimate presence of the holy and most precious spirit of God, leading and guiding ever so tenderly. Hopefully we all are doing all we can to cultivate that relationship.

Shalom my brethren.

(1) (Reply)

Have U Got A Ghost Experience. Heard Or Seen / Reason Why Polygamy Should be Allowed In Christaindom / No Condemnation....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.