Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,282 members, 7,829,637 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:56 AM

What You Should Know About Catholics - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What You Should Know About Catholics (627 Views)

Why Don't Catholics Eat Meat/flesh On Good Friday? / Catholics And Protestants Fight Inside A Bus In Anambra State (videos) / Catholics And Traditional Rulers Battle Over NYSC Camp In Imo (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What You Should Know About Catholics by wittywitty(f): 11:36am On Apr 09, 2017
The Catholics are the most criticized set of christians but OUR FAITH IS IN CHRIST JESUS
The catholics starts the Lenten period from the ash Wednesday by rubbing of ash on the forehead. it signifies that we are dust and dust we shall return. the ash Wednesday starts the 40 days and forty nights fasting of Jesus. we as Christians are called to retreat and reflect on our life's and retrace our steps in the sight of God. the 40 days ended yesterday before Jesus triumphantly entered in Jerusalem which is today. He was received with palms into Jerusalem hence the name, PALM SUNDAY. from tomorrow the Catholic Church terms the week a HOLY WEEK. it contains all the activities of what led to the redemption of mankind. it is in this week that our priest renew their sacred vows the made on the day of their ordination. then we have the Holy Thursday which the Thursday night Christ had His last supper with His disciples and was eventually betrayed by Judas. then he was arrested by the scribes and Pharisee that same night, then crucified on Friday which is the Good Friday. on Sunday, He resurrected that is the EASTER SUNDAY.
All this are done in memory of our Lord Jesus Christ.
some of us just sit down and hear of Easter, and join in the celebration. please try and be journey with Christ spiritually especially this Holy week so that u can be fulfilled in celebrating the resurrection on Easter Sunday.
happy palm Sunday all
proudly Catholic

1 Like

Re: What You Should Know About Catholics by CoolFreeday(m): 12:15pm On Apr 09, 2017
Nice. Its unfortunate I havent been participating actively.
Re: What You Should Know About Catholics by emmyskies(m): 8:11pm On Apr 09, 2017
I need you to have a rethink on your faith pls. I was a Catholic but got converted. seek for truth pls, now that you are alive. there is no chance of repentance in eternity. Are you willing to take the risk?
Re: What You Should Know About Catholics by wittywitty(f): 6:03am On Apr 10, 2017
emmyskies:
I need you to have a rethink on your faith pls. I was a Catholic but got converted. seek for truth pls, now that you are alive. there is no chance of repentance in eternity. Are you willing to take the risk?
very funny. why don't you just concentrate on your god. I know who I'm serving. let God be the judge
Re: What You Should Know About Catholics by emmyskies(m): 8:56am On Apr 10, 2017
wittywitty:

very funny. why don't you just concentrate on your god. I know who I'm serving. let God be the judge
we all have choices to make. some would regret it 4 eternity. GOD bless you
Re: What You Should Know About Catholics by Raphael81(m): 11:27pm On Apr 10, 2017
emmyskies:

we all have choices to make. some would regret it 4 eternity. GOD bless you

Go and convert the Muslims and pagans,...

1 Like

Re: What You Should Know About Catholics by Raphael81(m): 11:29pm On Apr 10, 2017
God bless you bro
Re: What You Should Know About Catholics by DoctorAlien(m): 11:36pm On Apr 11, 2017
One thing I know about Catholics is that the Bible does not support the fact that they keep Sunday holy, in place of GOD's seventh-day Sabbath. Follow the link below to find out more.

www.nairaland.com/3342363/law-abolished#49250653
Re: What You Should Know About Catholics by DoctorAlien(m): 12:31am On Apr 12, 2017
niftin:
That sabbath day which is the seventh day is of the Jewish religion, we are not Jewish we are Christian. The church which decided to make the Sunday a day of worship and any day for its activities was born after the death and resurrection of Christ through the inspiration of holy spirit. For Christ said what ever this church obtains on earth is considered obtained in heaven and what it lose on earth is lost in heaven. The jews do not recognise Christ as the son of God. So whoever is following what date they fix is actually straying from Christ. Christ is future for which ever nation God chooses to call his own people. Don't be confuse. Do your research and fix your facts together.

Where did Christ say the above bolded?

Read the link I gave above. Meanwhile, the seventh day is the Sabbath of GOD, not the Jews(Exod. 20:8-11). GOD established it after Creation.
Re: What You Should Know About Catholics by NoWorries7(m): 12:35am On Apr 12, 2017
Please kindly remove Christianity from there... Nothing concerns Christianity and Catholicism. Roman Catholicism is a cult and not a church...
Re: What You Should Know About Catholics by Syncan(m): 9:18am On Apr 12, 2017
niftin:
That sabbath day which is the seventh day is of the Jewish religion, we are not Jewish we are Christian. The church which decided to make the Sunday a day of worship and any day for its activities was born after the death and resurrection of Christ through the inspiration of holy spirit. For Christ said what ever this church obtains on earth is considered obtained in heaven and what it lose on earth is lost in heaven. The jews do not recognise Christ as the son of God. So whoever is following what date they fix is actually straying from Christ. Christ is future for which ever nation God chooses to call his own people. Don't be confuse. Do your research and fix your facts together.

Pay no heed to the adventist, it's their life long mission to fight the Holy Catholic Church; and not to preach the Good news as Christ commanded.
Re: What You Should Know About Catholics by Syncan(m): 9:22am On Apr 12, 2017
NoWorries7:
Please kindly remove Christianity from there... Nothing concerns Christianity and Catholicism. Roman Catholicism is a cult and not a church...

Prov 19:9- A false witness will not go unpunished, and he who breathes out lies will perish.

1Pet 2:1-2 - So put away all malice and all deceit and hypocrisy and envy and all slander. Like newborn infants, long for the pure spiritual milk, that by it you may grow up into salvation... to be a holy priesthood, to offer spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. ...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Seed Of Destiny 16-06-2017 / Nathaniel Bassey Replies Critics Of Himself And #halleluyahchallenge / Tithing And Still Broke - See Reasons!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.