Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,099 members, 7,849,433 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 09:30 PM

Top 10 Gospel Musicians In Nigeria Today (current List) - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Top 10 Gospel Musicians In Nigeria Today (current List) (45943 Views)

Top 10 Richest And Highest Paid Gospel Musicians In Nigeria 2019 / 2017 Top 15 Ugliest Musicians In Nigeria – Both Male & Female / Current List Of Nigerian Gospel Artists Names -photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Gospel Musicians In Nigeria Today (current List) by Sexina851(f): 6:43pm On Apr 09, 2017
fabfunmi:

who did?
Olumide iyun
Re: Top 10 Gospel Musicians In Nigeria Today (current List) by danbrowndmf(m): 6:44pm On Apr 09, 2017
Berbierklaus:
Where is Steve Crown angry
person wet come just yesterday undecided undecided
Re: Top 10 Gospel Musicians In Nigeria Today (current List) by Dexter93: 7:21pm On Apr 09, 2017
Almost half of those are rarely listened to these days. Where did you keep Nathaniel Bassey, chris Morgan, steve crown, Noella, Solomon Lange. Pls don't create a list based on sentiments. Look at the most played songs in present day
Re: Top 10 Gospel Musicians In Nigeria Today (current List) by BigBrother9ja: 7:25pm On Apr 09, 2017
dammy13:
There are some popular Nigerian musicians who have dominated the gospel industry in recent times. These gospel artists are not only popular in Nigeria but are also known in Africa and worldwide. Their songs and voices are nothing compared to the richest musicians we have in Nigeria as they sing christian music known to praise God and elevate the soul.

Although, not all gospel musicians in Nigeria that are very popular, we have identified 10 of these Nigeria’s finest praise singers who can compete with the best gospel artists in the world. Their singles and albums have topped charts while most have won several awards.

Below is a current list of top 10 gospel musicians we have in Nigeria today

1. Sammie Okposo
He is undoubtedly the richest gospel musician in Nigeria today and also sound track producer. Born in Delta state, he began his musical career in 1995 which has seen him grow popular thereby winning series of award. He has also recorded many hit songs which is still used today in churches around Africa. He is also the best Nigerian gospel artist from the south-south.

2. Frank Edwards
He is the reigning gospel artist in Nigeria currently and a member of the popular Christ Embassy, one of the largest churches in Nigeria. Frank has featured the best gospel artist in the world, Don Moen in his latest album. He is also a talented instrumentalist with songs to his credit. The series of awards won by Frank Edwards are numerous such as winning the best gospel song of the year, male artiste of the year and song of the year. His voice is also unique.

3. Sinach
Just like Frank Edwards, Sinach is also a Christ Embassy Nigerian gospel signer signed to LoveWorld Records. She is also among the top ten popular gospel musicians in Nigeria. With more than 150 songs to her credit, she is sure to be rated among the best gospel artiste in the world.

4. Eben
He is also among the list of talented gospel artiste who are popular in Nigeria. He is known for his hit track ‘IMARAMA’ . Eben is married to another talented gospel singer Jadiel who sang’Heritage’.

5. Lara George
She is a gospel singer, producer and song writer. In 2008 Lara George released her first single “Ijoba Orun” which became an instant hit. Her voice is second to none which makes her one of the best Yoruba gospel artiste in Nigeria today.

6. Prince Gozie Okeke and Njideka Okeke
They are considered the best Igbo gospel musicians in Nigeria today with their hit track ‘Akanchawa’ becoming an inspiration to people and is been used in various churches around the country. Their popularity was spread through their music. It was said they sold out millions of album copies and also performed the song in various countries of the world.

7. Yinka Ayefele
If you are searching for the best Yoruba gospel singer who is still making waves in the music industry, look no further as Yinka Ayefele tops the list. Born in Ekiti state, the talented musician had a ghastly motor accident that damaged his spinal cord and confined him to a wheelchair in 1997. This didn’t stop him as he was still able to touch lives for Christ and is one of the popular artist in the Nigerian gospel music industry.

8. Buchi
Before Buchi went into music, he lived a rugged life. After he gave his life to Jesus Christ, he ventured into music, releasing his first album in 1999. He has won series of awards also for his reggae-like gospel music.

9. Tope Alabi
She is the best Yoruba female gospel musician in Nigeria. Tope Alabi is not just a talented gospel musician but a movie track composer. One of her popular tracks that stands out is “Angeli Mi”

10. Midnight Crew Nigerian Gospel Music
They are a popular Nigerian gospel group that consists of Mike Abdul, Patricia King, Odunayo Ojo and Olugbenga Oyebola. They have been in the lime light since 2001 and are a shining example to young people who want to toe the same path in the gospel industry.

http://fabinfos.com/top-10-gospel-musicians-in-nigeria-today-current-list/

Sinach and na seeYANSH don bleach finish.

Gospel my assholë
Re: Top 10 Gospel Musicians In Nigeria Today (current List) by kimnicki(f): 8:09pm On Apr 09, 2017
Anticipate Alfred Franq
Re: Top 10 Gospel Musicians In Nigeria Today (current List) by muyexzy: 8:14pm On Apr 09, 2017
that list isn't complete without Nosa...
Re: Top 10 Gospel Musicians In Nigeria Today (current List) by revolt(m): 8:16pm On Apr 09, 2017
No Nathaniel bassey......imela, onise iyanu.....is this one mad
Re: Top 10 Gospel Musicians In Nigeria Today (current List) by Jyde89: 8:38pm On Apr 09, 2017
Op, i wanted to ask if you were the c.e.o of gospel music billboard in 9ja for creating this poo list, u nor c Nathaniel Bassey, Nosa. Tim Godfrey, Joe praise, Steve crown............... Haba. Most of the people in ur list are what u'll call missing in action expecialy, Uncle Sammy, but then again like i said its ur list, i can also make mine.
Ayefele! Are you for real
Re: Top 10 Gospel Musicians In Nigeria Today (current List) by mimee9(f): 9:19pm On Apr 09, 2017
Your list is incomplete without Nathaniel bassey
Re: Top 10 Gospel Musicians In Nigeria Today (current List) by Halo22: 9:23pm On Apr 09, 2017
Until I see the name of the most spirit inspiring gospel musician( chinyere udoma), op I don't know what u are writing. A woman that z well loaded.
Re: Top 10 Gospel Musicians In Nigeria Today (current List) by profbabatunde: 9:24pm On Apr 09, 2017
[url=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JRcaw3XnAc][/url] ---Eden View Estate Ibeju Lekki +2348163154120 (Call/WhatsApp for inspection)
Re: Top 10 Gospel Musicians In Nigeria Today (current List) by Mojoy88(m): 9:51pm On Apr 09, 2017
fabfunmi:
Nathaniel Bassey should be on the list..considering the song of the moment.'onise iyanu ''

Nathaniel Bassey should be number one.
Panam Percy Paul was also omitted.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Gospel Musicians In Nigeria Today (current List) by Rick9(m): 10:03pm On Apr 09, 2017
No Nathaniel Basset, No Jahdiel, no Joe Praise, No Chris Morgan. It's well

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Gospel Musicians In Nigeria Today (current List) by donnie(m): 10:06pm On Apr 09, 2017
Ogalanyachieze:
the lying op now

So r u saying CE isnt one of the largest churches in Nigeria?
Re: Top 10 Gospel Musicians In Nigeria Today (current List) by WeRblessed(f): 10:14pm On Apr 09, 2017
You forget to mention Paul Nwokocha
Re: Top 10 Gospel Musicians In Nigeria Today (current List) by modik(m): 10:17pm On Apr 09, 2017
I did not see Chinyere Udoma there. She aught to make that list
Re: Top 10 Gospel Musicians In Nigeria Today (current List) by mauvex: 10:49pm On Apr 09, 2017
Whoever that compiled this list must be stupidly drunk with Hero beer while making this list.. who know buchi and midday crew cheesy grin cheesy where you keep Nathaniel Bassey?

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Gospel Musicians In Nigeria Today (current List) by Clinton207: 11:06pm On Apr 09, 2017
Hmmm, I wonder the criteria by which this list was graded.... Cus Sammy nor fit be number one Oo, except na for money...
Re: Top 10 Gospel Musicians In Nigeria Today (current List) by ikenwa4lyf: 11:34pm On Apr 09, 2017
#
Re: Top 10 Gospel Musicians In Nigeria Today (current List) by Ogalanyachieze: 11:38pm On Apr 09, 2017
donnie:

So r u saying CE isnt one of the largest churches in Nigeria?
do i really need to say that which is obvious?? How do you arrive at it being one of the largest? By what criteria? Size of church is not by how large thier special programm are eg crusade, fatht clinic etc any person even pagan can attend those. Let me lay down some basics for you 1 how many branches do they have per states in nigeria? 2 How many services do they conduct? 3 how about its cell meetings in the neighbourhood. In most states i've been theY Scarcely have more than a single branch with only one service and one pastor. Pls dont confuse popularity with largeness. Salvation ministries is quite popular in ph but its not a very large church. Pls be kind enough to compare CE To deeper life, redeem, anglican baptist methodist, catholic etc. Dont further confuse tele-evangelism with grassroots. (Emphasis mine)
Re: Top 10 Gospel Musicians In Nigeria Today (current List) by Ogalanyachieze: 11:45pm On Apr 09, 2017
donnie:

[quote author=WeRblessed post=55425615]You forget to mention Paul Nwokocha
thats not a gospel artist now he's into gospel buzician
Re: Top 10 Gospel Musicians In Nigeria Today (current List) by Naughtytboy: 8:53am On Apr 10, 2017
Sexina851:

I agree with you but Nathaniel Bassey didn't sing' onise iyanu'
check Google
Re: Top 10 Gospel Musicians In Nigeria Today (current List) by donnie(m): 9:03pm On Apr 10, 2017
Ogalanyachieze:

Let me lay down some basics for you 1 how many branches do they have per states in nigeria?

My dear, you still dey learn when it comes to discussions such as these.
One church can have 100 branches with 100 members each equalling 10,000. Whereas you have another church with 2 branches and each having 15000 members each. Which church is bigger?

So its not by many branches. Even at that, did you say you're familiar with PH? Do you know how many CE branches there are in PH? Last 31st December, Just one of the several Christ Embassy zones in PH packed out the liberation stadium in PH with several other CE zones holding large meetings within the same city on the same day. And this was not a crusade, just an ordinary service. Let me not even talk about Lagos, Warri, Benin, Abuja etc.

Ogalanyachieze:

2 How many services do they conduct?
If a 2 thousand member church use a 200 capacity building, will they not have to conduct 10 services?

Ogalanyachieze:

3 how about its cell meetings in the neighbourhood.

My dear dont even go there because another name for Christ Embassy is cell meeting.

Ogalanyachieze:

In most states i've been they Scarcely have more than a single branch with only one service and one pastor.

You lie... what states?

Ogalanyachieze:

Pls dont confuse popularity with largeness.

Yes Christ Embassy is popular, influential and large, deal with it. tongue

Ogalanyachieze:
Salvation ministries is quite popular in ph but its not a very large church.

So which are the large churches in PH? undecided

Ogalanyachieze:

Pls be kind enough to compare CE To deeper life, redeem, anglican baptist methodist, catholic etc.

Yes I have and CE stands tall among them.

Ogalanyachieze:

Dont further confuse tele-evangelism with grassroots. (Emphasis mine)

Abeg go rest, CE is everywhere... we are at the grassroots, innercities, markets, villages, prisons, police stations, schools, everywhere!

By the way, the largeness of a ministry is not even in the number of members but actually in the extent of the influence of their message and wrt CE, its beyond your imagination I tell you.

Feed your eyes...
Re: Top 10 Gospel Musicians In Nigeria Today (current List) by Oletubo(m): 2:37am On Apr 12, 2017
Yinka Ayefele a gospel musician?
Re: Top 10 Gospel Musicians In Nigeria Today (current List) by toygod2: 7:22am On Apr 14, 2017
Please, what about Pastor Chris Delvan? Or is he not a Nigerian? cry P. P PAUL NKO =PANAM PERCY PAUL
Meanwhile, Yinka Ayefele should be removed from that list of top ten gospel musician and replaced with Mama Bola Aare.
Unless ur list also considers Popularity!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Regina Daniels And Husband, Ned Nwoko Playing Tennis In Dubai / Adediwura Becky Adesegha Stuns In Cleavage-Baring Outfit / See Photos From #faceofokija2017,ebuka Uchendu Stole The Spotlight Once Again.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.