Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,909 members, 7,817,683 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

Personal Revelations From "Jesus" Are Mostly From The Devil. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Personal Revelations From "Jesus" Are Mostly From The Devil. (1320 Views)

Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? / The Words Of Jesus Are Not Words Of Allah/Muhammad / Muhammad's Opinions:were They Divine Revelations From Allah?� (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Personal Revelations From "Jesus" Are Mostly From The Devil. by An2elect2(f): 5:57pm On Apr 09, 2017
There are those whose [false] assurance comes from false religious experiences. It is this last kind of false Christians who are the worst. Their assurance often comes from supposed revelations. They may call these revelations ‘the witness of the Spirit"...It is no wonder that people who accept such experiences have visions or impressions about their own salvation.

It pleases their self-love to think God has told them in a special way that they are His dear children. And it increases their false assurance if these ‘revelations’ come with vivid emotions, which they misinterpret as the Holy Spirit working within them. ~Jonathan Edwards~

Clearly, there are imitations of all kinds of spiritual emotions... people can imitate Christian love, but there are imitations of other spiritual emotions too.
Unsaved people, then, can have all sorts of false emotions which resemble true spiritual emotions. And there is no reason why they should not have many of these emotions at the same time...
The existence of many false emotions at the same time in the same person is no mystery. When one strong emotion arises, it naturally produces other emotions. This is especially the case if the first emotion to appear is love.

As I said before, love is the chief of the emotions, and (so to speak) the fountain of the other emotions.

Satan comes and deceives people into thinking that God has forgiven his sins. Let us suppose Satan deceives him through a vision of a man with a beautiful smiling face and open arms. The sinner believes this is a vision of Christ. Or perhaps Satan deludes him with a voice saying, ‘Son, your sins are forgiven,’ which the sinner thinks is the voice of God. So the sinner believes he is saved, even though he has no spiritual understanding of the gospel. What a variety of emotions would come into this sinner’s mind! He would be full of love for his imaginary Saviour whom he thinks has saved him from hell. He would be full of gratitude for his imaginary salvation. He would feel an overwhelming joy. His emotions would move him to talk to others about his experience. It would be easy for him to be humble before his imaginary God. He would deny himself and zealously promote his imaginary religion, while the warmth of his emotions lasted. All these religious emotions can arise together in this way. And yet the person we have depicted experiencing these emotions is not a Christian! His emotions have come from the natural workings of his own mind, not the saving work of God’s Spirit.

Anyone who doubts whether this is possible has little understanding of human nature.
~Jonathan Edwards Religious Affections Abridged Version~

Re: Personal Revelations From "Jesus" Are Mostly From The Devil. by An2elect2(f): 6:03pm On Apr 09, 2017
"we must not think that our emotions are truly spiritual just because we did not produce them by our own efforts. Some people try to prove that their emotions are from the Holy Spirit by this argument: ‘I did not produce this experience myself. The experience came to me when I was not seeking it. I cannot make it come back again by my own efforts.’ This argument is unsound. An experience which does not come from ourselves might have come from a false spirit. There are many false spirits who disguise themselves as angels of light (2 Cor. 11:14). They imitate the Spirit of God with great skill and power. Satan can work within us, and we can distinguish Satan’s work from the natural workings of our own minds." JE
Re: Personal Revelations From "Jesus" Are Mostly From The Devil. by Rich4god(m): 6:07pm On Apr 09, 2017
So, u still dey this forum.
Re: Personal Revelations From "Jesus" Are Mostly From The Devil. by An2elect2(f): 6:10pm On Apr 09, 2017
A false Christian is not aware of how blind and deceitful his heart is. His false assurance produces a great confidence in his own opinions.JE

False assurance blinds a person to the true extent of his sinfulness. JE

Satan does not attack false assurance. He attacks the assurance of the true Christian, because true assurance produces greater holiness. On the other hand, Satan is the best friend of false assurance, because it places the false Christian completely in his power.JEdwards

Re: Personal Revelations From "Jesus" Are Mostly From The Devil. by An2elect2(f): 6:11pm On Apr 09, 2017
Rich4god:
So, u still dey this forum.
hi grin
Re: Personal Revelations From "Jesus" Are Mostly From The Devil. by Rich4god(m): 7:52pm On Apr 09, 2017
An2elect2:
hi grin
hello...

I missed your posts... tongue

Happy Easter in advance...
Re: Personal Revelations From "Jesus" Are Mostly From The Devil. by An2elect2(f): 9:21pm On Apr 09, 2017
Rich4god:
hello...

I missed your posts... tongue

Happy Easter in advance...
Thank you cheesy
Re: Personal Revelations From "Jesus" Are Mostly From The Devil. by Nobody: 9:23pm On Apr 09, 2017
Confusion galore ! cheesy
Re: Personal Revelations From "Jesus" Are Mostly From The Devil. by An2elect2(f): 9:28pm On Apr 09, 2017
frosbel2:
grin I remember you! There is no confusion here.

Re: Personal Revelations From "Jesus" Are Mostly From The Devil. by GoodMuyis(m): 9:29pm On Apr 09, 2017
Re: Personal Revelations From "Jesus" Are Mostly From The Devil. by Rich4god(m): 9:30pm On Apr 09, 2017
frosbel2:
wow... Look who is bck.... Or is this another version...
Re: Personal Revelations From "Jesus" Are Mostly From The Devil. by Rich4god(m): 9:31pm On Apr 09, 2017
An2elect2:
Thank you cheesy
I just finished reading your post.... Walahi Ayam not understanding....
Re: Personal Revelations From "Jesus" Are Mostly From The Devil. by An2elect2(f): 9:34pm On Apr 09, 2017
Rich4god:
I just finished reading your post.... Walahi Ayam not understanding....
Lol what's your confusion? You don't understand how the devil counterfeits the gospel and true spiritual revelation?
Re: Personal Revelations From "Jesus" Are Mostly From The Devil. by An2elect2(f): 9:36pm On Apr 09, 2017
GoodMuyis:
Following, But you should have add personal note
But it's clear enough! cheesy
Re: Personal Revelations From "Jesus" Are Mostly From The Devil. by GoodMuyis(m): 9:38pm On Apr 09, 2017
Re: Personal Revelations From "Jesus" Are Mostly From The Devil. by An2elect2(f): 9:55pm On Apr 09, 2017
GoodMuyis:

we dont know where the text started from, it looks like a bookmark
They are notes. Seems you don't agree with them. Feel free to counter as much with the Bible.

But I must warn you. Don't take this lightly or dismiss it or be proud. False assurance is not funny at all. It's either you are saved or not.

smiley
Re: Personal Revelations From "Jesus" Are Mostly From The Devil. by Rich4god(m): 10:38pm On Apr 09, 2017
An2elect2:
Lol what's your confusion? You don't understand how the devil counterfeits the gospel and true spiritual revelation?
Are you trying to say that revelations aren't coming from God.
Re: Personal Revelations From "Jesus" Are Mostly From The Devil. by sonmvayina(m): 11:40pm On Apr 09, 2017
An2elect2:

the devil is NOT A DUAL OPPOSITE of God...that is an insult to God..you a elevating the devil to an equal opposite of GOD..FYI, everything the devil those is with the expressed permission from God...God must approve anything the devil wants to do, if not that thing is not happening....repent and give GOD its due respect and honor..

1 Like

Re: Personal Revelations From "Jesus" Are Mostly From The Devil. by Nobody: 9:19am On Apr 10, 2017
An2elect2:
grin I remember you! There is no confusion here.

I prefer the simplicity that is in Christ to endless theological positions that only make one more confused - cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Personal Revelations From "Jesus" Are Mostly From The Devil. by oaroloye(m): 2:20pm On Apr 10, 2017
An2elect2:
There are those whose [false] assurance comes from false religious experiences. It is this last kind of false Christians who are the worst.

Actually, I believe that the ONLY type of "FALSE CHRISTIAN" that there is, or that MATTERS, is the type that HEARS, BUT DOES NOT OBEY THE SAYINGS OF YAHSHUA.

This type, however, is QUITE ACCEPTABLE with people like JONATHAN EDWARDS- because to THEM, they are NOT "the worst!"

Their assurance often comes from supposed revelations. They may call these revelations ‘the witness of the Spirit"...It is no wonder that people who accept such experiences have visions or impressions about their own salvation.

This is only wrong, when it is people you want to tear down have these experiences.

Is he claiming that this is not what HE has done?

It pleases their self-love to think God has told them in a special way that they are His dear children. And it increases their false assurance if these ‘revelations’ come with vivid emotions, which they misinterpret as the Holy Spirit working within them. ~Jonathan Edwards~

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathan_Edwards_%28theologian%29

JONATHAN EDWARDS was an Oyinbo Theologian, who, naturally, failed to Assume Responsibility for creation the mess Christianity was: everything was always somebody else's fault!

Clearly, there are imitations of all kinds of spiritual emotions...

ALL EMOTIONS ARE "SPIRITUAL!"

Only LIVING THINGS can have Emotions.

Things LIVE only because they have LIVING SPIRITS empowering them.

. The L. Ron Hubbard TONE SCALE.

40.SERENITY;
30.POSTULATES;
22.GAMES;
20.ACTION;
8.0 EXHILARATION;
6.0 AESTHETICS;
4.0 ENTHUSIASM;
3.5 CHEERFULNESS;
3.0 CONSERVATISM;
2.5 BOREDOM;
2.0 OVERT HOSTILITY;
1.8 PAIN;
1.5 ANGER;
1.4 HATE;
1.2 NO SYMPATHY;
1.1 COVERT HOSTILITY;
1.0 FEAR;
0.9 SYMPATHY;
0.5 GRIEF;
0.1 APATHY;
0.0 BODY DEATH.

[See: SCIENTOLOGY 0-8: The Book of Basics, by L. Ron Hubbard.]

people can imitate Christian love, but there are imitations of other spiritual emotions too.

IMITATING CHRISTIAN LOVE IS IMPOSSIBLE TO THOSE WHO KNOW WHAT IT IS.

. JOHN 14:21-27.

21. "He that hath my Commandments,
and keepeth them,
he it is that loveth me:
and he that loveth me
shall be loved of my Father,
and I will love him,
and will manifest myself to him."
22. Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot,
"Lord, how is it that thou
wilt manifest thyself unto us,
and not unto the World?"
23. Jesus answered and said unto him,
"If a man love me,
he will keep my Words:
and my Father will love him,
and we will come unto him,
and make our abode with him.
24. "He that loveth me not
keepeth not my Sayings:
and The Word which ye hear is not mine,
but The Father's which sent me.
25. "These things have I spoken unto you,
being yet present with you.
26. "But the Comforter,
Which is The Holy Ghost,
Whom the Father will send in my Name,
He shall Teach you All Things,
and bring All Things to your remembrance,
whatsoever I have said unto you.
27. "Peace I leave with you,
my Peace I give unto you:
not as the World giveth,
give I unto you.
Let not your heart be troubled,
neither let it be afraid."

DID YOU KNOW THAT THIS JONATHAN EDWARDS YOU ARE SHOVING DOWN OUR THROATS WAS A SUPPORTER OF OYINBO ADBUCTION SLAVERY?

. EXODUS 21:16.

16. "And he that stealeth a man,
and selleth him,
or if he be found in his hand,
he shall surely be put to death.”

It is disgusting that Black people will impose the FALSE CHRISTIANITY THEOLOGY upon our people, of Oyinbo Preachers of Churches where BLACKS WERE NOT ALLOWED, or NOT regarded as EQUALS.

. JAMES 2:1-9.

MY Brethren,
have not The Faith of our Lord Jesus Christ,
The Lord of Glory,
with Respect of Persons.
2. For if there come unto your assembly
a man with a gold ring,
in goodly apparel,
and there come in also
a Poor man in vile raiment;
3. And ye have respect to him
that weareth the gay clothing,
and say unto him,

"SIT THOU HERE IN A GOOD PLACE;"

and say to the Poor,

"STAND THOU THERE,
OR SIT HERE UNDER MY FOOTSTOOL:"

4. Are ye not then partial in yourselves,
and are become Judges of Evil Thoughts?
5. Hearken, my beloved Brethren,

"HATH NOT GOD CHOSEN
THE POOR OF THIS WORLD
RICH IN FAITH,
AND HEIRS OF THE KINGDOM
WHICH HE HATH PROMISED
TO THEM THAT LOVE HIM?"

6. But ye have despised the Poor.
Do not rich men oppress you,
and draw you before the Judgment Seats?
7. Do not they blaspheme that Worthy Name
by the which ye are called?
8. If ye fulfil the Royal Law according to the Scripture,

"THOU SHALT LOVE THY NEIGHBOUR
AS THYSELF,"

ye do well:
9. But if ye have
respect to persons,
ye commit Sin,
and are convinced of The Law
as Transgressors.

JAMES WAS A HYPOCRITE, WHO PROPOSED THAT GENTILE CHRISTIANS NOT BE HELPED TO LEARN THE BIBLE.

But JONATHAN EDWARDS claimed to believe his teachings, while he did not regard Blacks as equal Human beings.

Unsaved people, then, can have all sorts of false emotions which resemble true spiritual emotions. And there is no reason why they should not have many of these emotions at the same time...
The existence of many false emotions at the same time in the same person is no mystery. When one strong emotion arises, it naturally produces other emotions. This is especially the case if the first emotion to appear is love.

As I said before, love is the chief of the emotions, and (so to speak) the fountain of the other emotions.

You do not know what you are talking about, because you do not know that ANCIENT GREEK had TWELVE DIFFERENT WORDS that were blandly translated "LOVE" by the Barbaric Oyinbo Hypocrites.

The ONE which YOU are talking about is NOT USED IN THE NEW TESTAMENT!

The Human Mind is a Powerful Computer- but its power is crippled to the point of worthlessness, when its processing power is tied up in the attempt to run a FALSE PROGRAMME, such as: "LOVE IS THE FOUNTAIN OF THE EMOTIONS."

Satan comes and deceives people into thinking that God has forgiven his sins. Let us suppose Satan deceives him through a vision of a man with a beautiful smiling face and open arms. The sinner believes this is a vision of Christ. Or perhaps Satan deludes him with a voice saying, ‘Son, your sins are forgiven,’ which the sinner thinks is the voice of God.

THIS, OR THE EQUIVALENT OF THIS. HAPPENS ALL THE TIME: DON'T YOU KNOW?

So the sinner believes he is saved, even though he has no spiritual understanding of the gospel.

WHICH YOU HAVE STEADFASTLY DEPRIVED HIM OF.

When you Teach someone THE TRUE GOSPEL, it is IMPOSSIBLE for them to be DECEIVED "VISIONS" and "REVELATIONS."

. ROMANS 10:8-13.

8. But what saith it?

“THE WORD IS NIGH THEE,
EVEN IN THY MOUTH,
AND IN THY HEART:”

that is,
The Word of Faith,
which we preach;

9. “THAT IF THOU SHALT
CONFESS WITH THY MOUTH
THE LORD JESUS,
AND SHALT BELIEVE IN THINE HEART
THAT GOD HATH
RAISED HIM FROM THE DEAD,
THOU SHALT BE SAVED.”

10. For with the heart
man believeth unto Righteousness;
and with the mouth
Confession is made unto Salvation.
11. For the Scripture saith,

"WHOSOEVER BELIEVETH ON HIM
SHALL NOT BE ASHAMED."

12. For there is no difference
between the Jew and the Greek:
for the same Lord over all
is rich unto all that call upon him.
13. For whosoever shall call upon
the Name of the Lord
shall be Saved.

IF WE BELIEVE THAT WHAT PAUL SAYS HERE IS THE TRUTH, ANY TOM, DICK, OR HARRY, GUILTY OF WHATEVER SINS WHATSOEVER, CAN JUST SAY: "JESUS IS LORD!" AND THEY WILL BE SAVED!

They do NOT have to REPENT of any Sins (note that PAUL never did,) they do NOT have to JOIN THE CHURCH, they do NOT have to SERVE YAHSHUA, they do NOT have to WORSHIP GOD. ALL they have to do is say: "JESUS IS LORD."

That was the ONE CONDITION.

Also, according to PAUL, NO ONE who believes on Yahshua can be DISAPPOINTED, nor EMBARRASSED.

THIS IS WHAT WE ARE TOLD TO BELIEVE!

So, what is this NONSENSE about some VISION coming to someone to tell them that they are "BELOVED CHILDREN OF GOD," and are "SAVED" - and YOU'RE saying that it is NOT VALID?

HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT IT IS NOT VALID?

Is it not EXACTLY THE SAME THING that YOU preach?

"FALSE DOCTRINE" is only "False," when it is coming out someone else's mouth?

Is that how it works?

. MATTHEW 7:12-29.

12. "Therefore all things
whatsoever ye would
that men should do to you,
do ye even so to them:
for this is The Law and The Prophets.
13. "Enter ye in at the Strait Gate:
for Wide is the Gate, and Broad is the Way,
that leadeth to Destruction,
and many there be which go in thereat:
14. "Because Strait is the Gate,
and Narrow is The Way,
which leadeth unto Life,
and few there be that find it.
15. "Beware of False Prophets,
which come to you in sheep's clothing,
but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
16. "Ye shall know them by their Fruits.
Do men gather grapes of thorns,
or figs of thistles?
17. "Even so every good tree
bringeth forth Good Fruit;
but a corrupt tree bringeth forth Evil Fruit.
18. "A Good Tree cannot bring forth Evil Fruit,
neither can a Corrupt Tree bring forth Good Fruit.
19. "Every Tree that bringeth not forth Good Fruit
is hewn down,
and cast into The Fire.
20. "Wherefore by their Fruits ye shall know them.
21. "Not every one
that saith unto me, 'Lord, Lord,'
shall enter into
The Kingdom of Heaven;
but he that doeth The Will of my Father
Which is in Heaven.
22. "Many will say to me in That Day,

'LORD, LORD, HAVE WE NOT
PROPHESIED IN THY NAME?
AND IN THY NAME
HAVE CAST OUT DEVILS?
AND IN THY NAME
DONE MANY WONDERFUL WORKS?'

23. "And then will I profess unto them,

'I NEVER KNEW YOU:
DEPART FROM ME,
YE THAT WORK INIQUITY.'

24. "Therefore whosoever heareth
these Sayings of mine,
and doeth them,
I will liken him unto a Wise Man,
which built his House upon a Rock:
25. "And the rain descended,
and the floods came,
and the winds blew,
and beat upon that House;
and it Fell not:
for it was founded upon a Rock.
26. "And every one
that heareth these Sayings of mine,
and doeth them not,
shall be likened unto a Foolish Man,
which built his house upon the Sand:
27. "And the rain descended,
and the floods came,
and the winds blew,
and beat upon that House;
and it Fell:
and Great was The Fall of it."
28. And it came to pass,
when Jesus had ended these Sayings,
the People were astonished at his Doctrine:
29. For he Taught them
as One having Authority,
and not as the scribes.

IF PEOPLE ONLY WENT BY WHAT YAHSHUA TAUGHT, EVERYTHING WOULD BE SIMPLE!

To be SAVED, we have to HEAR YAHSHUA'S SAYINGS, and KEEP THEM.

There is NO OTHER WAY to be SAVED.

It does not matter WHO says that there is!

What a variety of emotions would come into this sinner’s mind! He would be full of love for his imaginary Saviour whom he thinks has saved him from hell. He would be full of gratitude for his imaginary salvation. He would feel an overwhelming joy. His emotions would move him to talk to others about his experience. It would be easy for him to be humble before his imaginary God. He would deny himself and zealously promote his imaginary religion, while the warmth of his emotions lasted. All these religious emotions can arise together in this way. And yet the person we have depicted experiencing these emotions is not a Christian!

. GALATIANS 1:6-14.

6. I marvel that ye are
so soon removed from him
that called you into the Grace of Christ
unto another Gospel:
7. Which is not another;
but there be some that trouble you,
and would pervert The Gospel of Christ.
8. But though we,
or an Angel from Heaven,
preach any other Gospel unto you
than that which we have preached unto you,
let him be accursed.
9. As we said before, so say I now again,

"IF ANY MAN PREACH ANY OTHER GOSPEL
UNTO YOU THAN THAT YE HAVE RECEIVED,
LET HIM BE ACCURSED."

10. For do I now persuade men, or God?
Or do I seek to please men?
For if I yet pleased men,
I should not be the Servant of Christ.
11. But I certify you, Brethren,
that the Gospel which was preached of me
is not after Man.
12. For I neither received it of Man,
neither was I taught It,
but by the Revelation of Jesus Christ.
13. For ye have heard of my conversation
in time past in the Jews' Religion,
how that beyond measure
I persecuted the Church of God,
and wasted It:
14. And profited in the Jews' Religion
above many my equals
in mine own nation,
being more exceedingly zealous
of the Traditions of my Fathers.

PAUL DID EXACTLY WHAT YOU DESCRIBE!

Yet you give HIM a FREE PASS- because he told you things you wanted to hear?

His emotions have come from the natural workings of his own mind, not the saving work of God’s Spirit.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS "EMOTIONS FROM THE SAVING WORK OF GOD'S SPIRIT" YOU PEOPLE INVENTED, THEN CLAIM TO HAVE EXPERIENCED.

It is all just LAYERS OF DECEPTIONS, where you have NO IDEA what is going on, because YOU DO NOT KNOW THE TRUTH, nor do you know HOW to Know The Truth!

. JOHN 8:30-32.

30. As he spake these words,
many believed on him.
31. Then said Jesus to those Jews
which believed on him,
"If ye continue in my Word,
then are ye my Disciples indeed;
32. "And ye shall know The Truth,
and The Truth shall make you free."

ALL WE ARE REQUIRED TO DO IS LEARN YAHSHUA'S WORD, AND DO IT.

We are NOT required to go PSYCHO-ANALIZE ourselves and struggle to determine whether our EMOTIONS come from OURSELVES, or from SOME SPIRIT! Oyinbos LOVE that sort of GARBAGE!

That is how they ENSLAVE THE FOOLISH, who built upon THE SAND of MAN-MADE DOCTRINES!

Anyone who doubts whether this is possible has little understanding of human nature.
~Jonathan Edwards Religious Affections Abridged Version~

BUT HOW WHEN IT IS YOU WHO ARE ACTUALLY THE IGNORANT DUNCE?

. MATTHEW 7:1-6.

"JUDGE not, that ye be not judged.
2. "For with what judgment ye judge,
ye shall be judged:
and with what measure ye mete,
it shall be measured to you again.
3. "And why beholdest thou the mote
that is in thy brother's eye,
but considerest not the beam
that is in thine own eye?
4. "Or how wilt thou say to thy brother,

'LET ME PULL OUT THE MOTE
OUT OF THINE EYE;'

and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
5. "Thou Hypocrite, first cast out the beam
out of thine own eye;
and then shalt thou see clearly
to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.
6. "Give not that which is holy unto the dogs,
neither cast ye your pearls before swine,
lest they trample them under their feet,
and turn again and rend you."

HOW WELL DO YOU DRINK YOUR OWN MEDICINE?

Actually, I want you to CHUG it...!

1 Like

Re: Personal Revelations From "Jesus" Are Mostly From The Devil. by An2elect2(f): 3:15pm On Apr 10, 2017
Rich4god:
Are you trying to say that revelations aren't coming from God.

Lol what i am saying is not all spiritual revelations/experiences are from God. Some are from false spirits. These false spirits have one aim which is to deceive us with false gospels that cannot save us except to give us false hope.

It is for this reason that we must test all Spirits and gospels in the light of scriptures.

But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

Galatians 1:8
Re: Personal Revelations From "Jesus" Are Mostly From The Devil. by An2elect2(f): 3:31pm On Apr 10, 2017
sonmvayina:

the devil is NOT A DUAL OPPOSITE of God...that is an insult to God..you a elevating the devil to an equal opposite of GOD..FYI, everything the devil those is with the expressed permission from God...God must approve anything the devil wants to do, if not that thing is not happening....repent and give GOD its due respect and honor..
Lol how am I elevating the devil? Rather I am exposing his works of darkness.

And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

2Corinthians 11:14

It is true that the devil cannot do anything without God's permission. I've said that severally on this forum and even posit he is just a tool in God's arm when I notice someone trying to ascribe equal sovereign power to him but in this case it's not what you are saying.

This is the devil being himself: a liar and yes of course under the Sovereign will of God.

Being evil isn't being the dual opposite of God cos God is more than "being not evil"

Re: Personal Revelations From "Jesus" Are Mostly From The Devil. by Rich4god(m): 4:00pm On Apr 10, 2017
An2elect2:

Lol what i am saying is not all spiritual revelations/experiences are from God. Some are from false spirits. These false spirits have one aim which is to deceive us with false gospels that cannot save us except to give us false hope.

It is for this reason that we must test all Spirits and gospels in the light of scriptures.

But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

Galatians 1:8
So in others, you believe that revelation can come from God, but not all comes from God.
Re: Personal Revelations From "Jesus" Are Mostly From The Devil. by An2elect2(f): 4:34pm On Apr 10, 2017
Rich4god:

So in others, you believe that revelation can come from God, but not all comes from God.
If we are talking about the "jesus" that appears to tell people "special things" either to add to or subtract from canons of scriptures, things that will prove wrong when placed side by side with scripture then it's not from God.

Look at it this way. Why would God want to reveal "something new" to me that is already in scripture, so unnecessary! Or why would He want to tell me something that has no scriptural backing? Or why would I have a special experience with God and still have no desire to study the scriptures?

Lol
Re: Personal Revelations From "Jesus" Are Mostly From The Devil. by An2elect2(f): 4:42pm On Apr 10, 2017
I'm sorry but what exactly is your point oaroloye?

You don't believe there is something like false assurance? You don't believe there is "another Jesus" and people can be deceived?

You know it's better we stick to the topic so no one gets confused smiley
Re: Personal Revelations From "Jesus" Are Mostly From The Devil. by Rich4god(m): 4:49pm On Apr 10, 2017
An2elect2:
If we are talking about the "jesus" that appears to tell people "special things" either to add to or subtract from canons of scriptures, things that will prove wrong when placed side by side with scripture then it's not from God.

Look at it this way. Why would God want to reveal "something new" to me that is already in scripture, so unnecessary! Or why would He want to tell me something that has no scriptural backing? Or why would I have a special experience with God and still have no desire to study the scriptures?

Lol

Me, I don't knw the means by wch God myt want to pass His revelation....

And u can't tell me that God myt not want to specifically send a message to someone that is different from what we have in the scriptures.
Dats y He is God,. His ways different from ours...

After all, there are some many verses that are contradictory in the Bible.

1 Like

Re: Personal Revelations From "Jesus" Are Mostly From The Devil. by Wilgrea7(m): 5:16pm On Apr 10, 2017
sonmvayina:

The good gracious lord of heaven bless you!!!!!!!!!!
I've been telling people this... devil is not worth the status we paint for him.... the Christian view of the devil has elevated a mere trouble maker to the status of being able to contend with God on things pertaining to earth...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Personal Revelations From "Jesus" Are Mostly From The Devil. by Wilgrea7(m): 5:35pm On Apr 10, 2017
hello An2elect2

i understand your point... but there are dark entities that can give “revelations" too..... at least according to O.aroloye... but i know its possible for someone who has not mastered their minds to be fooled by it... especially when they're too desperate on the answer they expect.... but God does give people revelations... it may concern their personal lives... if the revelation has something pertaining to doctrine,....,well I'm not sure about that aspect... most revelations pertaining to doctrine tend to have one or two factors attached to it... I've had few dreams or maybe i should call them “revelations" of rapture back then when i was Pentecostal and i believed in it.... but today i don't believe in rapture... I'll say those my “revelations" were affected by my dogma.... but then... people still get revelations... once you master your mind, you won't be fooled by it anymore
Re: Personal Revelations From "Jesus" Are Mostly From The Devil. by An2elect2(f): 8:27pm On Apr 10, 2017
Wilgrea7:
hello An2elect2

i understand your point... but there are dark entities that can give “revelations" too..... at least according to O.aroloye... but i know its possible for someone who has not mastered their minds to be fooled by it... especially when they're too desperate on the answer they expect.... but God does give people revelations... it may concern their personal lives... if the revelation has something pertaining to doctrine,....,well I'm not sure about that aspect... most revelations pertaining to doctrine tend to have one or two factors attached to it... I've had few dreams or maybe i should call them “revelations" of rapture back then when i was Pentecostal and i believed in it.... but today i don't believe in rapture... I'll say those my “revelations" were affected by my dogma.... but then... people still get revelations... once you master your mind, you won't be fooled by it anymore
Lol mastering your mind seems impossible for people whose minds are enslaved or bound to sin, you don't think?

If anybody including sinners can master/have power over their minds then they are not slaves of sin and God would be a liar. But that's not true in Eph 2:1. Men if left alone would chose unrighteousness over righteousness. Men can't master what has mastered them. Only the new creature in Christ by the power of the gospel can overcome his mind. And this he continues to renew with the word of God not his fallen nature.

As the psalmist will say in Psalm 119:105
Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path.

You see, it's not a mere mastering of our minds but the word of God that illuminates, guides our minds and keeps us from believing false revelations/gospels. And in everything too including our personal lives. The more we study God's word, the clearer his will concerning our every decision no matter how minute they may look become to us.

And you saying only desperate people can be deceived by false revelations. I don't think so. If you have listened to or read many "special experience" stories you would see that most were not seeking for them when they happened.

(1) (Reply)

It Is A Sin To Pay Or Receive Tithes - Pastor Chris Ojigbani (watch Video) / Bishop Oyedepo Of Winners And Steve Jobs Of Apple Inc: 7 Similarities / TB Joshua: The Church And The Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.