Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,368 members, 7,812,058 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:25 AM

2018 Census To Cost About N268B. Instead Of Counting Nigerians, Invest In Youth - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / 2018 Census To Cost About N268B. Instead Of Counting Nigerians, Invest In Youth (320 Views)

500K And Counting...i Need Viable Investment ideas (not Business) / PAY 6M INSTEAD OF 12M FOR 2ACRES IN LAGOS... INSTANT ALLOCATION WITH LAYOUT / Why You Should Invest In Litecoin Instead Of Bitcoin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

2018 Census To Cost About N268B. Instead Of Counting Nigerians, Invest In Youth by udeme4real: 12:01am On Apr 10, 2017
If what the Census officials say is anything to go by, then, we are heading for another wild elephant project! a whooping sum of N272B is required to count Nigerians in 2018. Although census data should aid development but right now, you and I understand the high politics and hungry that pervade our land hence census is the least thing we need.

Instead of spending N272B in mere counting Nigerians in which the expected result will not even be credible and govt may not even be willing to plan with the result, I feel empowering about 500,000 Nigerians with about N500,000 to invest in various agricultural value chain like crop farming, cassava/plantain farming, distribution and processing of farm produce couple with ICT, trade and manufacturing will benefit us more.

let us not forget that this amount ( N272B) over 40% may likely be mismanaged, 20% over invoicing and discreditable result after the exercise. Let the youth rise against census in 2018 till reasonable jobs are created, till economy improves and basic infrastructure like power, good roads and water are provided for ease of doing business in Nigeria.

Census is good but We demand more and concrete investment in the youth!
Re: 2018 Census To Cost About N268B. Instead Of Counting Nigerians, Invest In Youth by Celcius: 5:08am On Apr 10, 2017
True. There is need for a census. I can't help but agree with you , because the figures are always reported by government officials in some other quarters as bloated in some other regions. And worst still the result is hardly or meaningfully used for national or economic planning.
Integrity is all that will save Nigeria in time to come.

(1) (Reply)

2 Plots Of Land At Trans-ekulu, Enugu At Very Cheap Price / the best online business to do / Dear All Nairaland Please Come To My Aid...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.