Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,985 members, 7,814,359 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:39 AM

Recounting A Fire Incidence (as It Happened) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Recounting A Fire Incidence (as It Happened) (351 Views)

It Happened In My Living Room / Love Happened By Rose Akpabio / Co-incidence Of Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Recounting A Fire Incidence (as It Happened) by Lightspeaksblog(m): 12:50am On Apr 10, 2017
“awὁn ὁloribu – sẻri time ti wὁn bὁ”…. “ilẻ tὸn jὸnό lati 3PM, 5 wὸn bὸ” – Some random 2 women with wrappers strapped to their fallen breast and both hands on their head wasted no time in uttering blames in their local parlance as soon as they heard the high-pitched wailings of the Alausa fire alarm service.

…trust Yoruba women, they can display for Africa. .. “yeh..mὸgbe oo… arrh..ile jὸnὸ oooo..ewa bὸ ooo” her tempo kept rising, drawing attraction which the flames could not..and in a wink-moment, one could clearly hear “bring more water” .. “where are the pipes”… “madam you dey sell detergent ..ehen give me..” .. “sand ooo.. ė mu sand wẚẚ” .

The Victim, an Edo woman I guess was wailing and chanting some words I believe are related to her dialect..at some point I noticed she wanted to put on some form of display, if not for the timely intervention of women-sympathizers’—she wanted to remove her clothes! Yes her clothes!! But really why?

Now here’s a thing – problems, misfortunes are bound to occur… believer or unbeliever, rich or poor, educated or illiterate… we are all bound to face challenges, but what really makes the difference is how we appear to face them, our approach is a major key!!

I moved a little closer to see if I could slog through the crowd that had already formed and find someone for a little tete-a-tete…but that wasn’t possible as every age bracket was involved in one thing or the other – the older men fetched water from neighboring compounds to put-out the the fire…and for the women, majority tried to console the victim…the youths I guess were looking for ‘social-admiration’ or more like an ‘all-eyes-on-me’ thing, they had their shirts off revealing what I wouldn’t pass for abs and then the whole sweat (due to the mid-day sun) made their bodies glister.... Please and please click the link to continue reading and drop your comments both here and in the blog. Nairalanders rock https://lightspeaksblog./2017/04/09/had-i-saved-the-day/

(1) (Reply)

Poem Titled: 'ara' / POETRY: DEATH By Bridget Olufunmi / School Aint Success

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.