Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,189 members, 7,835,951 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:03 PM

The Hoax : Can I Get Burnt From Charging My Smartphone And Listening To Music ?? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Hoax : Can I Get Burnt From Charging My Smartphone And Listening To Music ?? (370 Views)

Horrible! Two Kids Burnt To Death In Mysterious Fire Outbreak In Ondo State / Listening To Frank Edwards' Songs Saved My Life In A Fatal Accident - Lady Says / That Moment The Oba Of Lagos Palace Get Burnt. A Coincidence? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Hoax : Can I Get Burnt From Charging My Smartphone And Listening To Music ?? by Radiohead6(f): 6:46pm On Apr 10, 2017
Well if you mean "shock to cause injury or death", then 'NO'

Your ears are not connected to the wiring in the earphones - the buds are an insulating layer that prevents the wiring from contacting you.

And your head isn't conductive enough to allow transmission of the tiny tiny amount of electricity going through your left earbud over to your right earbud (in the same way you can touch both terminals on a square nine-volt battery and it won't conduct the electricity).
Even if the full power of the charger COULD be routed through your earphones, it's only 5 volts and 1/2 amp.

But if you were a little groggy and didn't realze that those earphones were resuscitation machine paddles and your phone was actually a charging machine, then that could electrocute you. The News about the Filipine girl who got electrocuted while sleeping and leaving her phone to charge overnight after chatting with her boyfriend was a Hoax , The picture circulated 2010 - 2013 ,And I would not post the picture here because its too Graphic and probably because Youve already seen it or you know Somebody who does ,so yeah Won't, But Truly Teenagers and Young Adults have died using their phones when on the road causing unnessesary Accidents due to negligence, So Folks youve been informed to stay clear your Smartphone if your driving or Walking,

#ReligionDosntSaveJesusDoes

(1) (Reply)

“project Writers Nigeria Provides Topics & Custom Writing Services For Students / Understanding The Coming Of The Chinese Shoe Giant To Abia State. / Recruitment At El-bukelz Nigeria Limited

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.