Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,281 members, 7,818,955 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:52 AM

Edo Hunter Kills A Huge Buffalo (Photos) - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Edo Hunter Kills A Huge Buffalo (Photos) (46851 Views)

Man Kills A Viper With 64 Babies In Anambra State (Photos) / Lion Blamed For Death Of Over 400 Buffalo In Botswana / Hunter Kills & Butchers A Gorilla In Sapele, Delta State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Edo Hunter Kills A Huge Buffalo (Photos) by Lilimax(f): 10:22am On Apr 11, 2017
Look like a cow that ran away from one of these Fulani herdsmen when they were being pursued in
Edo bush at Etsako axis embarassed
Re: Edo Hunter Kills A Huge Buffalo (Photos) by pxalmydee(m): 10:22am On Apr 11, 2017
rheether:

I have been to UNN zoological garden and its not there same thing with National children parks and zoo Abuja.
their are two buffaloes now in Abuja children park and zoo...try to go this month

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edo Hunter Kills A Huge Buffalo (Photos) by CyberGypsy(m): 10:23am On Apr 11, 2017

Re: Edo Hunter Kills A Huge Buffalo (Photos) by emperorzz(m): 10:24am On Apr 11, 2017
madridguy:
Must we kill everything?
Because oyinbo don't help you invent television to dey watch their pattern, you wan begin dey mumu like them abi. Lemme remind you, Africa is blessed in more ways than one- from food and meat to oil and more neral resources. There's more than enough to feed every one.
Re: Edo Hunter Kills A Huge Buffalo (Photos) by Nobleman22: 10:24am On Apr 11, 2017
Animal of this type are worth keeping for tourism not been wasted in the name of hunting. our students are in a better position to make use of such animals and more of international entertainment.
Re: Edo Hunter Kills A Huge Buffalo (Photos) by ElsonMorali: 10:26am On Apr 11, 2017
rheether:
I haven't seen a live Buffalo before cry

And Maybe That's the only remaining life Buffalo in Africa. So your chances of seeing a life Buffalo just reduced.

Shouldn't poaching be a criminal offence in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Edo Hunter Kills A Huge Buffalo (Photos) by urvillagepeoplee(m): 10:27am On Apr 11, 2017
I know this family wella, I go dye and I go save once lived in their compound wen they were schooling here in auchi.
Re: Edo Hunter Kills A Huge Buffalo (Photos) by JamieLannister: 10:27am On Apr 11, 2017
There are thousands of them out there, i don't think they are going into extinction anytime soon grin. They migrate a lot, but how this got to EDO is what is baffling me...This Buffalo miss road obviously.
Re: Edo Hunter Kills A Huge Buffalo (Photos) by fixmykey(m): 10:28am On Apr 11, 2017
They should be arrested. The hunter should be sent to prison. I am so angry and offended to see this picture. The government of Nigeria is very careless and senceless. This Kind of buffalo is rare and the man killed it for meat. The painful aspect is that he is rejoicing.

TO BAD
Re: Edo Hunter Kills A Huge Buffalo (Photos) by SalamRushdie: 10:31am On Apr 11, 2017
oyienootieno:

That is not a buffalo, i have seen buffalo in their numbers physically and none of them is brown they were all black though dirty black.

That the west African Savannah Buffalo..thats how they look

1 Like

Re: Edo Hunter Kills A Huge Buffalo (Photos) by Nobody: 10:32am On Apr 11, 2017
mpurity1:
animal brutality grin grin
Re: Edo Hunter Kills A Huge Buffalo (Photos) by cooljude(m): 10:32am On Apr 11, 2017
bishopkay:

Oga animal activist abeg shut up and run away from this thread. This bufallo may be rare at your place but not in the Edo forests.

Our biggest problem is shortsightedness, he would eat it, next tomorrow hunger resumes, at most, he sells it.

Humans have always been top of the food chain but our population would wipe out all our food source in Nigeria if we don't regulate hunting. I feel all our exotic animals should be protected by law because we would wipe them off at this pace.
Re: Edo Hunter Kills A Huge Buffalo (Photos) by nc201016(m): 10:33am On Apr 11, 2017
GreenMavro:
grin

For the Man mind now him be Buffalo Soldier abi
shey na Bob Marley?
Re: Edo Hunter Kills A Huge Buffalo (Photos) by Caseless: 10:34am On Apr 11, 2017
Similar animal was rescued and given water by Kenyan army last week and they were celebrated.

Bunch of backward idiots
Re: Edo Hunter Kills A Huge Buffalo (Photos) by jackie35(m): 10:35am On Apr 11, 2017
broseme:
According to Prince who shared the story,a buffalo was killed yesterday by a hunter Hon. Isah Anavberokhai of Iyakpi South Ibie Kingdom of Etsako West,Edo state.

See photos above

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2017/04/man-kills-buffalo-in-edo-statephotos.html

Does that gun licensed?
Re: Edo Hunter Kills A Huge Buffalo (Photos) by mecussey(m): 10:35am On Apr 11, 2017
broseme:
According to Prince who shared the story,a buffalo was killed yesterday by a hunter Hon. Isah Anavberokhai of Iyakpi South Ibie Kingdom of Etsako West,Edo state.

See photos above

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2017/04/man-kills-buffalo-in-edo-statephotos.html

Probably the last buffalo in Nigeria
Re: Edo Hunter Kills A Huge Buffalo (Photos) by Caseless: 10:35am On Apr 11, 2017
fixmykey:
They should be arrested. The hunter should be sent to prison. I am so angry and offended to see this picture. The government of Nigeria is very careless and senceless. This Kind of buffalo is rare and the man killed it for meat. The painful aspect is that he is rejoicing.

TO BAD
this country no get laws
Re: Edo Hunter Kills A Huge Buffalo (Photos) by okunega1: 10:36am On Apr 11, 2017
GreenMavro:
grin

For the Man mind now him be Buffalo Soldier abi
The man is a lecturer in the Department of mechanical Engineering Technology in Auchi Polytechnic Edo state.
Re: Edo Hunter Kills A Huge Buffalo (Photos) by fixmykey(m): 10:37am On Apr 11, 2017
Zizer17:
I don taya for all tgis hypocrites on dis forum...buffalo wey lions and co dey hunt like water...they r nt even near being endangered
Yet some people go cum dey shout dat it shoukd be preserved...why has cows not gone into extinction as u dey chop am reach
If person hunt deer dem go shout, Python na shout, u catch big fish for ur net..na another shout...yet dem go see bush meat for road buy am...rubbish

U should be arrested with the hunter
Re: Edo Hunter Kills A Huge Buffalo (Photos) by cooljude(m): 10:38am On Apr 11, 2017
emperorzz:

Because oyinbo don't help you invent television to dey watch their pattern, you wan begin dey mumu like them abi. Lemme remind you, Africa is blessed in more ways than one- from food and meat to oil and more neral resources. There's more than enough to feed every one.

You for no use your phone or system write this comment since oyibo na mumu. Everything wey u yan no make sense at all. sey u know sey dat community fit make money wey go reach everybody from tourism. maybe when we kill all the animal wey dey earth to satisfy our ever growing population we go come dey hunt each other for meat. I being read one journal wey b show some communities for Asia wey dey eat black people as food.
Re: Edo Hunter Kills A Huge Buffalo (Photos) by oyienootieno: 10:39am On Apr 11, 2017
SalamRushdie:

That the west African Savannah Buffalo..thats how they look

Ok thanks for your time, this is what Niraland should be an avenue to learn and be enlightened. I never knew west African Savanna Buffalo are different despite my love for Adventure in to the Animal world.

2 Likes

Re: Edo Hunter Kills A Huge Buffalo (Photos) by thecommunist(m): 10:39am On Apr 11, 2017
I
Re: Edo Hunter Kills A Huge Buffalo (Photos) by pafek(m): 10:40am On Apr 11, 2017
rheether:

I have been to UNN zoological garden and its not there same thing with National children parks and zoo Abuja.
come to jos, there are about 5 in the zoo..., d zoo, not d wild life park
Re: Edo Hunter Kills A Huge Buffalo (Photos) by thecommunist(m): 10:41am On Apr 11, 2017
I'm not sure that is Edo state, I'm not sure that is even Nigeria. Buffalos are found in the Savanna. plus they are always in herds.
I may be wrong tho .
Re: Edo Hunter Kills A Huge Buffalo (Photos) by Celsony: 10:41am On Apr 11, 2017
When Kenyan Soldiers saved a bufalo that was thirsty because of the famine in their country, here in Nigeria, we kill it.

Nigerians and meat be like 5 & 6. grin angry
Re: Edo Hunter Kills A Huge Buffalo (Photos) by mmmnaija: 10:42am On Apr 11, 2017
which is better, make the man and his families go into extinction due to hunger OR make the buffalo go into extinction?
Re: Edo Hunter Kills A Huge Buffalo (Photos) by Nobody: 10:43am On Apr 11, 2017
I can only imagine... See meat!!
Re: Edo Hunter Kills A Huge Buffalo (Photos) by buffalowings: 10:43am On Apr 11, 2017
SmartBug:

You expect Buffalo to fall from the sky or to come and meet you in your room? — Go to the Zoo if you want to see one.

I swear you no well
Re: Edo Hunter Kills A Huge Buffalo (Photos) by rheether(f): 10:46am On Apr 11, 2017
pxalmydee:

their are two buffaloes now in Abuja children park and zoo...try to go this month

Alright. I will pay a visit.
Re: Edo Hunter Kills A Huge Buffalo (Photos) by redsun(m): 10:47am On Apr 11, 2017
Who knows about tree planting and forest preservation ngos in Nigeria? Please get in touch here and we can take it from here.
Re: Edo Hunter Kills A Huge Buffalo (Photos) by Nobody: 10:55am On Apr 11, 2017
Under the past administration, these animals were protected from being killed. But, in this administration they are being killed every day because of hunger in these terrorists/APC governments.
Re: Edo Hunter Kills A Huge Buffalo (Photos) by kingsmaila(m): 10:59am On Apr 11, 2017
The hunter will be arrested for poaching.We should learn to protect and preserve wild animal from extinction.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lion Escapes From Kano Zoological Gardens / How To Safely Observe Sunday’s Solar Eclipse / 5-year-old Boy Builds His Dream Bicycle (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.