Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,338 members, 7,811,980 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:25 AM

How Did Linda Ikeji Become Successful From Doing 'Copy and Paste' On Her Blog? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Did Linda Ikeji Become Successful From Doing 'Copy and Paste' On Her Blog? (2554 Views)

How Do I Deal With These Two Blogs Doing Copy And Paste? (photos) / How Do I Deal With These Two Blogs Doing Copy And Paste? (photos) / How To Disable Copy And Paste On Wordpress And Blogger? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Did Linda Ikeji Become Successful From Doing 'Copy and Paste' On Her Blog? by Nobody: 9:38am On Apr 11, 2017
A lot of posts about Blogging have been making front page these days, and most of them talk about writing original content and how copy and paste can hurt your blog. But, you have Linda Ikeji, who has been accused by multiple people of stealing content and doing copy and paste,a nd yet, she is the richest blogger in Nigeria. How did that happen?

Please note, I am not in any way bashing her or hating on her, I just want to learn. Thank you.
Re: How Did Linda Ikeji Become Successful From Doing 'Copy and Paste' On Her Blog? by Nobody: 2:24pm On Apr 11, 2017
IntrovertOlu:
A lot of posts about Blogging have been making front page these days, and most of them talk about writing original content and how copy and paste can hurt your blog. But, you have Linda Ikeji, who has been accused by multiple people of stealing content and doing copy and paste,a nd yet, she is the richest blogger in Nigeria. How did that happen?

Please note, I am not in any way bashing her or hating on her, I just want to learn. Thank you.

Why not ask Linda, nicely?
Re: How Did Linda Ikeji Become Successful From Doing 'Copy and Paste' On Her Blog? by Nobody: 3:05pm On Apr 11, 2017
alignacademy:

Why not ask Linda, nicely?

Where will I see her to ask her?
Re: How Did Linda Ikeji Become Successful From Doing 'Copy and Paste' On Her Blog? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Apr 11, 2017
IntrovertOlu:

Where will I see her to ask her?

First, I think your original question was a good one; the type that leads to discovery...

...if you'll follow up with the needed homework.

The best you'll get here is just people (like me) posting their OPINIONS.

If you really need to know what makes a person tick, you'll do the needful to find out.

But then again, that's my opinion...

1 Like

Re: How Did Linda Ikeji Become Successful From Doing 'Copy and Paste' On Her Blog? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Apr 11, 2017
alignacademy:

First, I think your original question was a good one; the type that leads to discovery...

...if you'll follow up with the needed homework.

The best you'll get here is just people (like me) posting their OPINIONS.

If you really need to know what makes a person tick, you'll do the needful to find out.

But then again, that's my opinion...

Okay. Thanks.
Re: How Did Linda Ikeji Become Successful From Doing 'Copy and Paste' On Her Blog? by successincentiv(m): 4:17pm On Apr 11, 2017
That's one of the problems in entertainment niche. All they do is to copy and paste. I wonder why google don't look into such sites

<a href="http://www.passionentrepreneurs.com">Passion Entrepreneurs</a>
Re: How Did Linda Ikeji Become Successful From Doing 'Copy and Paste' On Her Blog? by ayufun: 5:20pm On Apr 11, 2017
What you need to know is that, Linda started when there's almost no competition in naija blogosphere and she's able to
>>grow her followers
>>Post plagiarized content that people can't easily find( be informed that, she posts unique contents also)
>> Google respect Authority blogs
>> Her content database is huge and big G respect that too.
>> her blog has aged
>> Post Uniqueness is not really a priority in entertainment ( Post titles are likely going to be similar, and presentation can not be 100% unique. Take for example, 100,000 bloggers reporting PRESIDENT'S VISIT to UK; there are lots of line of texts that would be the same.)
>> Google know that, some niche(like Linda's) can only rank for a short while.
>> Finally, Linda don't get reasonable proportion of her visitors from search engine but from type-ins and backlinks.
It's not Google that's pushing up Linda, it's Nigerian Youths that are very enthused when it comes to play(entertainment)
https://www.techpally.com

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did Linda Ikeji Become Successful From Doing 'Copy and Paste' On Her Blog? by Nobody: 6:16pm On Apr 11, 2017
ayufun:
What you need to know is that, Linda started when there's almost no competition in naija blogosphere and she's able to
>>grow her followers
>>Post plagiarized content that people can't easily find( be informed that, she posts unique contents also)
>> her blog has aged
>> Post Uniqueness is not really a priority in entertainment ( Post titles are likely going to be similar, and presentation can not be 100% unique. Take for example, 100,000 bloggers reporting PRESIDENT'S VISIT to UK; there are lots of line of texts that would be the same.)
>> Finally, Linda don't get reasonable proportion of her visitors from search engine but from type-ins and backlinks.
It's not Google that's pushing up Linda, it's Nigerian Youths that are very enthused when it comes to play(entertainment)
www.wiFicallingiPhone.com

Okay. Thanks for this lovely breakdown.
Re: How Did Linda Ikeji Become Successful From Doing 'Copy and Paste' On Her Blog? by Nobody: 1:48pm On Aug 26, 2017

Okay. Thanks for this lovely breakdown.

Also, in the blogosphere, you shouldn't try to compare yourself with the others, that might make you feel discouraged if you do not attain your goal soon enough.

INSTEAD, challenge yourself to be better than you were yesterday

www.netsocialblog.com
Re: How Did Linda Ikeji Become Successful From Doing 'Copy and Paste' On Her Blog? by eprince21(m): 7:10pm On Aug 26, 2017
She spent alot of money to push her site up, using money to make lots of money...new bloggers don't spend, infact they want everything to be free.

1 Like

Re: How Did Linda Ikeji Become Successful From Doing 'Copy and Paste' On Her Blog? by godswillzeky(m): 6:28am On Aug 31, 2017
Thanks, for your valuable tips.I would like to say a lot of thanks for these knowledge sharing tips.
SCHOOLBLOG
Re: How Did Linda Ikeji Become Successful From Doing 'Copy and Paste' On Her Blog? by Nobody: 7:22am On Aug 31, 2017
ayufun:
>>grow her followers
>> her blog has aged
www.wiFicallingiPhone.com
i think you've said it all bro.. One beer for you.
Re: How Did Linda Ikeji Become Successful From Doing 'Copy and Paste' On Her Blog? by connectomega: 10:31am On Aug 31, 2017
Before crucifying here, we should remember that Linda Ikeji blogged passionately for 4 years without making money. We are in a country that people don't respect people that go for establishing a business after graduation. People are only interested in you when they see you making it, otherwise they call you a fool or a useless thing.

Linda Ikeji's family was very patient with her in the journey and even supported her in growing the blog. At the time, they did not fight her to go get one bank, oil company, Telecoms.........job. She deserves any good thing coming right now. Afterall she has paid her 'dues.'

If copy and paste makes a blogger rich, why not try your hands on it and see how it goes?

www.lolia.com.ng
Re: How Did Linda Ikeji Become Successful From Doing 'Copy and Paste' On Her Blog? by PRINCEHPXP(m): 12:19pm On Aug 31, 2017
she has already got massive traffic be4 she started doing the copy and paste
when u have that kind of audience it wouldn't matter again but u will need to also be a source of original. content too the copy and paste no be everyday something... na once in a while

#audience matter
Re: How Did Linda Ikeji Become Successful From Doing 'Copy and Paste' On Her Blog? by sundaysamuel31: 1:15pm On Jul 22, 2023
Linda is very hard worker, I would like to be like her.
Am growing up my blog patiently.
We will all grow by God's grace, Amen
www.samsunblog.com

(1) (Reply)

New Wapmaster Forum Launched ! / How Do I Tell My Husband I No Longer Want His Hosting Services? / Get Free Web Space To Host Your Site

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.