Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,909 members, 7,817,683 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

Meet Obi Brown, CEO Of Insight Africa – His Startup Story Is An Inspiration - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Meet Obi Brown, CEO Of Insight Africa – His Startup Story Is An Inspiration (991 Views)

UK Court Jails Abdulrahman Bashir, CEO Of Rahamaniyya Oil For Contempt / Meet Nigerian Man Who Sold His Startup To Apple For $1B / Nnamdi Ezeigbo – CEO Of SLOT, Infinix And Tecno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Meet Obi Brown, CEO Of Insight Africa – His Startup Story Is An Inspiration by dapsdiary(m): 10:23am On Apr 11, 2017
Entrepreneurial Revolution I still believe is the solution to the problem faced with Nigeria and Africa. That is the solution we have always sort.

Sequel to this, I’m starting up a sponsored series where I host great entrepreneurs and their businesses. I believe reading these stories will go a long way to motivate and encourage upcoming entrepreneurs to keep up the uphill – such a lonely and boring place to be.

In this episode, I’ll love you to meet someone interesting, I have personally met this man in the city of Jos, at some point I have deliberately identified with his brand – you know great innovation when you see it, that’s my story with him. He is no other person than the winner of the prize for Innovation Award Etisalat Nigeria Ltd, 2015 – Mr. Obi Brown.

Obi Brown is the CEO and co-founder of Insight Africa, An award winning startup using technology to improve African students’ competence in math and the sciences. He is a young entrepreneur on an upward trend and regularly helps other young entrepreneurs make measurable progress in their entrepreneurial journey. Mr. Brown is utterly passionate about education.
for more of this info: http://dapsdiary.com/meet-obi-brown-ceo-insight-africa/

Little wonder his startups bags the Prize for Innovation Award Etisalat Nigeria Ltd October 2015. The Prize for Innovation Award is given for an innovative product launched within 12 months of the year of the award. Insight Africa is also the Samsung Prize Winner for British Council Enterprise Competition, March 2016.

I got an opportunity to meet Mr. Obi Brown to give more info about his startup and here was what he had to say:

Like farmers on the African continent, there is a need for extension workers to help improve output, I believes science teachers need a network of support personnel and resources to help improve STEM Education outcomes. Education on the continent needs a boost. Science education needs a thrust else developing economies will always be just that.

After moving from secondary school to the university as a ‘good student’ I started university life with a few E’s in first year science. Over the years I’ve found that this phenomenon is a recurring reality for the vast majority of students. My hope is to reverse this. ‘To give them a better leg up’. So, I founded a company called Insight Africa and the team at IA crafted a product called StudyLab. Through StudyLab, We’ve had schools report a 40% improvement in math scores and a public school report a 98% pass rate in national exams in math. We’re focusing on expanding these outcomes and reaching more students around Nigeria and Africa.

In September 2015, Etisalat gave us a prize for innovation and a few months after, The British Council, along with Virgin Atlantic and Samsung West Africa gave us another award. The federal government of Nigeria also recently awarded us a grant for our work under the Aso Villa Demo Day (AVDD) in collaboration with the Growth and Empowerment Programme (GEM), a World Bank and FGN initiative.

These have been interesting times for us at Insight Africa.

(1) (Reply)

How Lucrative Is This Business,pls / Canteen Management System / An Open Letter To Access Bank (confidential)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.