Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,209 members, 7,829,328 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

[DELETE THREAD PLEASE] - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / [DELETE THREAD PLEASE] (671 Views)

Madrid New Signing Ødegaard Forced To Delete Posts About Lionel Messi / Did Goal.com Delete Their Comment Section? / Mistake! Need to delete the thread. Mods help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

[DELETE THREAD PLEASE] by Iyineda(m): 3:20pm On Dec 30, 2009
[s]Here's the link to the latest news update:

http://www.kickoff.com/static/news/article.php?id=13063

A total of 7 players were dropped out of the team leaving for Durban this afternoon. Remaining 25 players.
I'm quite stunned M. Amodu decided to leave out Olubayo, Ajilore and Adeleye. shocked Martins hasn't recovered, so it's normal for him not to take part of the campaign. I hope Yobo is going to be a 100% functional, or else. . . angry[/s]

THAT ARTCILE WAS B.S. AT ITS FINEST. THAT WAS FALSE INFO. Amodu has named a 24-man squad.
Here's the link to the thread in which you can discuss about the SE squad >> https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-373734.0.html
Re: [DELETE THREAD PLEASE] by semid4lyfe(m): 3:33pm On Dec 30, 2009
http://www.kickoff.com/static/news/article.php?id=13063
MARTINS, ADELEYE OUT OF AFCON
POSTED: 2009-12-30 15:27

Wolfsburg striker Obafemi Martins and seven other players have been cut from the Nigeria squad for next month's African Nations Cup by coach Shuaibu Amodu.

Also joining Martins on the chopping block are the Europe-based quartet of defenders Dele Adeleye and Adefemi Olubayo, midfielder Femi Ajilore, striker Joseph Akpala and the home-based trio of Chibuzor Okonkwo, Akpan Bassey and Ikechukwu Ibenegbu.

Amodu has been locked in meetings for most of Wednesday with members of the NFF's Technical Committee, and while a final decision has not been reached, a source at the meeting told KickOffNigeria.com that Martins and the others were out.

Martins, who scored the goal that sealed Nigeria's World Cup place, had surgery on a shin problem earlier this month but was expected to be fit in time for the tournament.

However, a source at the NFF told KickOffNigeria.com that the player and the other six would not be part of the squad to Angola.

This means Amodu will travel to South Africa with 25 players, leaving him with just two more players to decide on before the January 1 deadline to submit his squad to the Confederation of African Football (CAF).

Colin Udoh
Re: [DELETE THREAD PLEASE] by semid4lyfe(m): 3:37pm On Dec 30, 2009
Martins and Ikechukwu Uche out due to injury and now Adefemi Olubayo, Dele Adeleye and Femi Ajilore dropped by Amodu. I ain't happy about this but hell, the bulk rests and stops on his table so I'll say carry go.
Re: [DELETE THREAD PLEASE] by FBS: 3:41pm On Dec 30, 2009
semid4lyfe:

Martins and Ikechukwu Uche out due to injury and now Adefemi Olubayo, Dele Adeleye and Femi Ajilore dropped by Amodu. I ain't happy about this but hell, the bulk rests and stops on his table so I'll say carry go.
Me wonder what his reasons were! undecided
In any case this may be the chance for the invited home based players, yes?
Re: [DELETE THREAD PLEASE] by marutimon: 3:46pm On Dec 30, 2009
Sweet, that means we have:
4 goalkeepers
8 defenders
5 defensive midfielders
0 midfielders
7 strikers

grin
Interesting selection by the chief,
Re: [DELETE THREAD PLEASE] by deb(m): 4:04pm On Dec 30, 2009
@FBS
Me wonder what his reasons were!  undecided
In any case this may be the chance for the invited home based players, yes?

see below quote. The three Home based players are not included

Also joining Martins on the chopping block are the Europe-based quartet of defenders Dele Adeleye and Adefemi Olubayo, midfielder Femi Ajilore, striker Joseph Akpala and the home-based trio of Chibuzor Okonkwo, Akpan Bassey and Ikechukwu Ibenegbu.

Sweet, that means we have:
4 goalkeepers
8 defenders
5 defensive midfielders
0 midfielders
7 strikers

grin
Interesting selection by the chief,

0 midfielders lol! Very funny. Chief will convert Mikel to Midfield and maybe Osaze
Re: [DELETE THREAD PLEASE] by Katsumoto: 4:15pm On Dec 30, 2009
God help Amodu if the Eagles struggle to score goals during the tournament, are dumped out unceremoniously and Martins scores several goals in Germany at the same time. A quarter fit Martins is still better than Eneramo.
Re: [DELETE THREAD PLEASE] by FBS: 5:11pm On Dec 30, 2009
deb:

@FBS
see below quote. The three Home based players are not included

0 midfielders lol! Very funny. Chief will convert Mikel to Midfield and maybe Osaze
Ojigbijigbi. . . shocked shocked
Thanks deb for pointing that out for me.
Well, now that we are going to a tourney without a "certified" MF. . .without a playmaker?
Well, well. . .well. . .
Re: [DELETE THREAD PLEASE] by naso2(m): 5:52pm On Dec 30, 2009
How did Amodu make his selection? have they trained at all, or is it his traditional style of using name to play football? This man's problem is that he hardly allows players to fight for shirt on the merit of their current form.

I am almost sure if given the chance , chibuzor okonkwo is better than both taiye taiwo and elderson echiejile. AMODU NA ONE-WAY BRT COACH. Siddon look na dog name. WE DEY WATCH.
Re: [DELETE THREAD PLEASE] by Iyineda(m): 11:15pm On Dec 30, 2009
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-373734.0.html

This thread was a waste. Thanks again, Kickoff Nigeria, for sharing hasty info from an unreliable source. angry
Re: [DELETE THREAD PLEASE] by FBS: 10:43am On Dec 31, 2009

(1)

Heartland In Group Of Death, Drawn Against J S Kabile Ismaili And Al Ahly / Our Fault / Nigeria Vs Guinea Fallout-observations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.